You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 1st Annual Gang Green Awards (Finished)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't make it. Wow I'm honored to be voted rookie of the year. Thanks guys.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Just read through this whole thing, very nicely done.

I don't think anyone I nominated won any of the awards Laughing

Thats probably because this forum has changed a whole lot since I've been active.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it as well but I just read through the whole thing and wow, job well done. Hopefully this becomes a tradition and mainstay in the Jets forum. It's really fun and entertaining. I can now tell my kids I was in the top 3 for the ROY, incredible.

Job well done

Applause

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terribly sorry I missed it, but at least I FINALLY! get recognized for the sigs.

Congrats to all the winners and nominees. Thanks for everyone who voted for me.

I got a bunch of picks right too. I really thought Maine Event should have been Most Improved nominee. People forget he used to be hayato.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the winners. You deserve it. It's hard to pick with so many quality posters.

Now I'm going to have to step up my game. I didn't win any awards. Everyone beware. But I am honored to be recognized with 2 nominations.

And I'd like to extend a special thanks to Jonyankee1nyj for hosting such an incredible event. Sorry I couldn't be around for the entire event but the parts I were around for were incredible. And another thanks to Chipperboy1, Dallas94Ware, and Vike Daddy for co-hosting such an event.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
jg6041

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job with this Jon. Really very fun, we do have the best Forum on the site. Sorry I was not here for all of it. I needed a nap at 9pm as I do everynight. (Note that is also when Vike Daddy disappeared, you guys will all be there someday) Wink Then I get up at 11 to kiss my Suzy Kolber poster. Congrats to all the nominees and the winners. Thank you to the guest MCs and Jon really thank you this was a ton of work and it really was amazing. The nominees for the awards and all our members (I always hate writing "our members") are the best on the site. Thanks guys for the award of Respected poster. If you only knew half the stuff I delete before posting, I would have never been nominated. Thanks guys. Jon you are our MVP. Thanks again for doing this great job!!!!. Cool

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to thank me, just completing the job I promised to take on.

There still is the Tanny award (the ballot with the most predicted picks correct), I'll take a look at the 21 members who did vote and see who won and tell you guys sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: I just read the whole thread over again and man this was some crazy/funny two hours.. But mission complete in the end.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I just counted and I should definitely win the Tanny award. 1 right out of 10 nominations. Haha Just Kidding. At least I wasn't too far off as 6 of the people I picked won awards just not for the ones I picked them for.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job guys, let's all give a hand to Jon, chipper, dallas, chief fan, and VD (funny initials) for a job well done. I'm happy to accept the underrated award, and I will wear it with pride. Very Happy

I'm also happy to see I was a nominee in at least one other category, it makes me feel good about coming on here to talk Jets with my fellow fans. Congrats to all the other winners, everyone was very much deserving. I would just like to point out to Dallas though that my forehead isn't nearly as big as Eli Manning's. Laughing
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
I've got an award for you guys:

And the Brett Favre Award for most changing of the mind goes to:

QuinneyluvsNFL/Falcons/Bills/Jets!

Applause bravo, real imaginative Rolling Eyes
anyway great awards show guys, congrats to all the winners.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I sleep through last night? Rats!... Ah speaking of rats, do you have any leftover mice over there in NYC?

Our Host won 2 awards?

Anyway,,

It looked a lot of works to get it done.. You are forgiven for not watching the Yankees game last evening. heh. Nice job and congratulation to all winners.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Tannenbaum Award

Well for The Mike Tanny Award we had quite the predicament..

5 voters finished for a tie for 1st with 5 correct selections.

Spiel= 5
Jetsalltheway= 5
The Chad= 5
Davey= 5
ukjets= 5

So then I went to see who had the most top 3 finishers in the other 5 awards they incorrectly picked and we have...

Davey= 3 top 3 finishers
The Chad= 3 top 3 finishers
Spiel= 1 top 3 finisher
jetsalltheway= 1 top 3 finisher

So in the end we have two Mike Tannenbaums' in this forum, quite the predicament but I guess we can live with them both getting sigs which will be made by tomorrow.

So Congratulations go to The Chad and Davey for knowing the Jets forum better then any of us.

Copy cats..

Now I am truly done.

Rich Kotite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really a great job on this. I just read through everything (I fell asleep in the afternoon and didn't wake up til it was over), and I'd like to say congratulations to all of the winners.

I was also very honored to have even been nominated twice, especially for underrated poster. From now on, I will try to live up to these lofty standards and simply be a "rated" poster. Not bad considering I can't even set up the Rich Kotite avatar for myself. Laughing
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats to everyone. And sorry to anyone I didn't get to "interview", my buddies were getting here to watch the UFC fights.

You guys got some really nice award sigs, a lot better artwork than the awards we got for the Cowpoke Awards on the Dallas forum. Compliments to whoever's work it is.

Coaching football is just my way of staying close to the game.
Read the Football FAQ!
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Grats to everyone. And sorry to anyone I didn't get to "interview", my buddies were getting here to watch the UFC fights.

You guys got some really nice award sigs, a lot better artwork than the awards we got for the Cowpoke Awards on the Dallas forum. Compliments to whoever's work it is.

I don't know, your sig is quite cute.. Laughing

I have to agree, these sigs are amazing (again my compliments to chief fan), they just have that great look to them. My favorite is the David Harris (Stat boy) one, that looks hot..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: