Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 1st Annual Gang Green Awards (Finished)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: The 1st Annual Gang Green Awards (Finished) Reply with quote

Welcome to the first Jets Forum Awards ceremony!

Host: Jonyankee1nyj
Co Guest Commentators: Vike Daddy, Dallas94Ware, Chipperboy
Sig maker: Chief fan822003

Thank you, thank you. It's an honor to be here tonight. I will be presenting to you the winners of all ten awards very shortly (in a one hour frame). Each winner should be honored to know that they were elected by their very own peers here in the Jets forum.

This first post is my introduction and a referral page where you can find who the winners were during the hour just in case you had to step out for a few minutes.. Here are the categories and the short descriptions if you need a reminder.

The Awards

The Joe Namath Award: The Most Valuable Poster in the Jets Forum, his sheer presence and posts make the younger posters improve their own quality, almost all his posts are well written and informative and he is one of the big reasons why the Jets forum is what it is, the best this site has to offer.

Code Name: MVP

The Winner:

The Jericho Cotchery Award: The Poster who has improved his post quality the greatest and has become more of an impact to this forum over his tenure. A hard working poster whoís really starting to put great thought into his posts and has really has put him self out there in becoming one of the valued posters on this forum.

Code Name: Most Improved Poster

The Winner:

The Vernon Gholston Award: A poster who has just became a member in 2008 and has really made a name for him self with good posts and contributing in a constant basis in this forum.

Code Name: Rookie of the Year

The Winner: karmaloop

The David Harris Award: The master debater, he does the knitty gritty of the forum by coming up with all the facts it seems like and you just flat out donít want to go against this guy in any topic because there is a good chance heíll make you look silly.

Code Name: The Schwab

The Winner: Raoul Duke

The Chad Pennington Award: The most respected member of this forum, he doesnít necessarily have to be the most consistent contributor or flashiest poster but the way he carries himself in posts and always has a regard for others and the rules just make you like him.

Code Name: The Romodel

The Winner: JG6041

The Eric Barton Award: The funniest poster in the Jets forum, his jokes never go against any of the rules but is mainly that great combo of intelligence and just sheer common sense humor. With what is usually a disappointing heart breaking season for the Jets he makes the up and downs a little more easier to the heart.

Code Name: Comedian Extraordinaire

The Winner: Davey

The Kerry Rhodes Award: The most versatile poster in this forum, he not only gives his thoughts and spends his fair share of time in this forum but you see him in many others as well with the same in depth knowledge and consistency. Not only does he make the Jets forum better but he makes the whole site more intelligent as well.

Code Name: Mr. Versatile

The Winner: Jonyankee1nyj

The Eric Mangini Award: Someone who is looking out for the team, when ever a poster comes in here with a fairly unfavorable or unfair view on the Jets whether in this forum or in another he is the first to extinguish the rebel fire and pretty much make the opposing poster eat his own words.

Code Name: The Defender

The Winner: Spiel628

The Kenyon Coleman Award: The most underrated poster in this forum, he doesnít necessarily have the flashiest posts or puts up the great points but he is fairly new to this forum (no time table, just someone who doesnít have 2 to 3 years of experience) and has shown potential in his posts and slowly but surely is holding his own in the forum. He is generally your pick as a break out poster for the future in the eyes of posters in here and out of this forum as well.

Code Name: The Most Underrated

The Winner: Jetsfandan423

The Leon Washington Award: The best and most creative sig maker in this forum, his colors and the images he puts together really just explode out to your eyes when you look at some of his work and basically you wish you had that type of talent.

Code Name: The Best Sig Maker

The Winner:
Jetsfan4life51

The Bonus Award (sadly no sig presented today) The Mike Tannenbaum Award:

The poster who on his official ballot that he p.med to me got the most winners predicted right.

Code Name: In a way you know the forum better then anyone poster

The Winner:

The Schedule

8:00 My Special Intro

8:00-8:05 Introductions from my self and the commentators and the announcing of the top 3 vote getters in the first category (The Leon Washington Award)

During this and every Gap: Deliberate on who you think will win the specific award, who you voted for, laugh at what ever chipper has in store and donít take the comments to heart because I have a feeling they wonít be Jet friendly etc..

8:05-8:10 The winner out of the three announced, The Kenyon Coleman nominees posted

During this and every Gap: Applaud the winner, the majority voted for this poster out of the hundred or so Jet fans that have posted in this forum from one time or another as you guys probably found out when thinking about who youíd vote for etc....

8:10-8:15 The winner out of the three announced, The Eric Mangini Award nominees posted

8:15-8:20 The winner out of the three announced, The Kerry Rhodes Award nominees posted

8:20-8:25 The winner out of the three announced, The Eric Barton Award nominees posted

8:25-8:30 The winner out of the three announced, The Chad Pennington Award nominees posted

8:30-8:35 The winner out of the three announced, The David Harris Award nominees posted

8:35-8:40 The winner out of the three announced, The Vernon Gholston Award nominees posted

8:40-8:45 The winner out of the three announced, The Jericho Cotchery Award nominees posted

8:45-8:50 The winner out of the three announced, The Joe Namath Award nominees posted

8:50-8:55 The winner of the final MVP Award announced

8:55-9:00 Concluding thoughts from our hosts and announcing the Poster who knows this forum best, they guy who on his ballot got the most winners right

While knowing Chipperboyís/Vike Daddy love of expressing himself through pictures and my ability to never be on time so I doubt this schedule will never make it through, but I know being Saturday Night that people have plans (I would if I didnít have the day off and told my friends I couldnít make it), so Iíll try to make this one hour long to the best of my ability..

Have fun guys, this should be a great hour or so and I hope you enjoy our work and make sure that popcorn is handy because the Leon Washington Award is up first..

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member

Last edited by jonyankee1nyj on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 7 times in total
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved for those who couldn't make it, I'll copy up all of my posts for this thing so they don't have to go through every page. I'm that nice. Cool

Introductions

Okay guys, welcome to the first ever Gang Green Awards, a tradition I hope to run for the next decade. This is the ceremony where weíll recognize some of our brightest and more intrical posters on this site, not just our winners, but the guys who even received just one vote and those who participated would be missed dearly and I think that was greatly realized by me anyway when Crackburn lost his battle with Cancer and how heart felt the posts and efforts to make him feel better and how much they really cared were.

Some greatly devoted and caring members were able to get him to see one of his favorite players I would assume in Joe Thomas which I thought was a testament on how amazing this community has become from my first couple of days on this board over two and a half years ago. I wanted to commemorate Crackburn because he and I did talk a little online like I do with many of the members on here and itís crazy to believe he is gone.

Iíll greatly miss him and may he RIP.

What Jonyankee Truly Thinks About his Jet Forum Family Olympic esque Start

The Parent Figure

Now letís move on to the great members of this forum, there are tons of great personalities from Spiel and JG the two mods in which we adhere and look up too

Just kidding they donít get paid, or so they say..

The Young ins

The younger posters like yordmachine, Payne Train and Karmaloop that have to be neutered

The Not So Big Brothers

The vets like Davey, Jetsfan4life51, Sandwich, The Chad and myself that have to get our Jet knowing egos in check..

The Pretenders

and then of course there are the one year dudes who think they are vets already like Quiet Jets , housh, jetsman82 etc..Ö

The Stats Will Impress You Delusional Ones

Then there are those stat loving bookworms like Rich Kotite or Raoul Duke

The Try Too Hard Guys

Or we can go with those annoying guys who keep spitting out jokes when nervous and trying to fit in like Davey, Jetsfan4life51, Quinney or Quiet Jet

Finally the Just too Old it's Awkward Guys

And of course don't get me started with those old guys like Jg, Quiet Jets or Vike Daddy with there awkward catch phrases (I invited you just for this one but I'm sure you'll get me back..)

I hope you guys can take the joke but anyway letís get on with what you guys really want to see in the awards, the Leon Washington Award (Best sig maker) will be up in one minute.

Here we go.. It may not be like the Intro to the Olympics but what can I do we're running a tight budget.

I just can't pull of such a brilliant stunt like this..

Final Thoughts:

Give a hand to your ten award winners

The Joe Namath Award (MVP): Jonyankee1nyj

The Jericho Cotchery Award (Improved): Cfernandez

The Vernon Gholston (Rookie): Karmaloop

The David Harris Award (Schwab/ Stat Boy): Raoul Duke

The Chad Pennington Award (Respected): JG6041

The Eric Barton Award (Comedian): Davey

The Kerry Rhodes Award (Versatile): Jonyankee1nyj

The Eric Mangini Award (Defender of our Pride): Spiel612

The Kenyon Coleman Award (Underrated): Jetsfandan423

The Leon Washington Award (Sig Maker): Jetsfan4life51

Special Thanks go to [b]Chief Fan822003
on the advertising sigs for the event and the trophy sigs which were simply better then I could have imagined based on my simple instructions. They were fantasticÖ Also special thanks go to Vike Daddy, Dallas94Ware and Chipperboy who were one of many Iím sure who tuned in and saw the events transpire..

Thanks also go to you guys who voted, there is no ceremony and no forum awards if you guys werenít so great..

Think Green guys, I have a feeling this will be a great year of Jets football.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed yourself and if you guys want I would be glad to host this again next year, in a better time as well as I was limited on options and I know quite a few poster missed out.

Iím out.

Last edited by jonyankee1nyj on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved

Houshyamomma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my tux ready
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introductions

Okay guys, welcome to the first ever Gang Green Awards, a tradition I hope to run for the next decade. This is the ceremony where weíll recognize some of our brightest and more intrical posters on this site, not just our winners, but the guys who even received just one vote and those who participated would be missed dearly and I think that was greatly realized by me anyway when Crackburn lost his battle with Cancer and how heart felt the posts and efforts to make him feel better and how much they really cared were.

Some greatly devoted and caring members were able to get him to see one of his favorite players I would assume in Joe Thomas which I thought was a testament on how amazing this community has become from my first couple of days on this board over two and a half years ago. I wanted to commemorate Crackburn because he and I did talk a little online like I do with many of the members on here and itís crazy to believe he is gone.

Iíll greatly miss him and may he RIP.

What Jonyankee Truly Thinks About his Jet Forum Family Olympic esque Start

The Parent Figure

Now letís move on to the great members of this forum, there are tons of great personalities from Spiel and JG the two mods in which we adhere and look up too

Just kidding they donít get paid, or so they say..

The Young ins

The younger posters like yordmachine, Payne Train and Karmaloop that have to be neutered

The Not So Big Brothers

The vets like Davey, Jetsfan4life51, Sandwich, The Chad and myself that have to get our Jet knowing egos in check..

The Pretenders

and then of course there are the one year dudes who think they are vets already like Quiet Jets , housh, jetsman82 etc..Ö

The Stats Will Impress You Delusional Ones

Then there are those stat loving bookworms like Rich Kotite or Raoul Duke

The Try Too Hard Guys

Or we can go with those annoying guys who keep spitting out jokes when nervous and trying to fit in like Davey, Jetsfan4life51, Quinney or Quiet Jet

Finally the Just too Old it's Awkward Guys

And of course don't get me started with those old guys like Jg, Quiet Jets or Vike Daddy with there awkward catch phrases (I invited you just for this one but I'm sure you'll get me back..)

I hope you guys can take the joke but anyway letís get on with what you guys really want to see in the awards, the Leon Washington Award (Best sig maker) will be up in one minute.

Here we go.. It may not be like the Intro to the Olympics but what can I do we're running a tight budget.

I just can't pull of such a brilliant stunt like this..

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy's here with his date, who you guys got?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presenting the Top 3 Vote Getters for the Leon Washington Award (Best Sig Maker)

Description:

The best and most creative sig maker in this forum, his colors and the images he puts together really just explode out to your eyes when you look at some of his work and basically you wish you had that type of talent.

Houshyamomma

Jetsfan4life51

Sandwich

Jonyankeesí Thoughts

When I had come up with this award five guys came to mind, and it was no surprise all 5 of those guys got votes (Js. Hippie one away from tying for third). This is an award only few can really grasp, it takes a lot of creativity and patience to get used to working with photo bucket or those other sites etc.. and it takes a great sense of humor and eye to make sigs that are just right and are more memorable.

Who do you guys have?.. Winner up in five minutes

Houshyamomma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

vike daddy's here with his date, who you guys got?

Are you the one on the left?

(poor attempt at humor I know, your obviously the old geezer) Wink
maes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any room for a Giant fan?

Houshyamomma is the best signature maker in my opinion, although, I used to love your ghetto gallery of paint sigs. Wink

Although, I thought he was a Bengal fan.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vike she looks stunning, simply stunning.

How long did it take to shave this off her anyway..

And the botox and all that fut sucked out of her, really you didn't have to go to all that effort to bring a date to this.. Wink

jg6041

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great intro and really well thought out and very funny Jonyankee.
For sig maker Jetsfan4life51 is always working on something.
Sandwich did the sigs and avatars for the Jets Forum Team which were awesome.

Houshyamomma always is very creative.
I say a tie between all 3 of them. Wink
Yeah I am a punk lol.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
Great intro and really well thought out and very funny Jonyankee.
For sig maker Jetsfan4life51 is always working on something.
Sandwich did the sigs and avatars for the Jets Forum Team which were awesome.

Houshyamomma always is very creative.
I say a tie between all 3 of them. Wink
Yeah I am a punk lol.

You weren't offended by the old jokes, I've already failed...

Housh I'd also like an explanation to the user name situation we have going on right now..

Houshyamomma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:

Housh I'd also like an explanation to the user name situation we have going on right now..

Video Explains All
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Winner is......

Jetsfan4life51

Hereís is his new sig/trophy in which he can choose to wear if heíd like, a great job by chief fan on that:

My Thoughts on the Winner:

Jetsfan4life51 had one sig in particular Iím sure that put him on the map in the Kerry Rhodes one, it was extremely creative. Many of the members in this forum have or are wearing his sigs and he deserved to win this. In the end houshyamomma gave him a run for his money, but jflife51 got the one he wanted most.

Congratulations to himÖ

Houshyamomma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
The Winner is......

Jetsfan4life51

jk, congrats.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: