Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Chicago Cubs Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Official Chicago Cubs Thread Reply with quote

Well I guess our old thread got to big so let's get another one started.

The Cubs are coming off a stretch of 20 consecutive days without an off day since the All-Star break and went 12-8 in that time. The lead in the division is at 5 games over the second place Brewers and 5 and half over the third place Red Birds.

The Cubs have 6 more off days spread out through the rest of the season with only about 7-8 weeks left to go. They should be able to get plenty of rest now and gear up for what appears to be a certain Division title.

Guys appear to be getting healthy and Sept call ups aren't far away. At the moment, life is good for the Cubs.

Last edited by wiscbearsfan on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Chicago Cubs Thread Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Well I guess our old thread got to big so let's get another one started.

The Cubs are coming off a stretch of 20 consecutive days without an off day since the All-Star break and went 12-8 in that time. The lead in the division is at 5 games over the second place Brewers and 5 and half over the third place Red Birds.

The Cubs have 6 more off days spread out through the rest of the season with only about 7-8 weeks left to go. They should be able to get plenty of rest now and gear up for what appears to be a certain Division title.

Guys appear to be getting healthy and Sept call ups aren't far away. At the moment, life is good for the Cubs.

Indeed it is, indeed it is. BTW, Wisc, you gotta put the NL Central Champs in the thread title. Or, I could be like everyone else last season and complain about the fact that our record isn't in the title. Very Happy

The day off will be very welcome today. While the bats are finally hot again, it is nice to give the fellas a little break as we head into a tough series against the Cards. Hopefully we can dispatch of them as easily as we did the Brewers.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Wild Card will come from the Central, so it looks like it'll be a Cubs-D'Backs NLDS re-match from last year. Think Carlos Zambrano will go more than 6 innings this time in Game 1?

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Looks like the Wild Card will come from the Central, so it looks like it'll be a Cubs-D'Backs NLDS re-match from last year. Think Carlos Zambrano will go more than 6 innings this time in Game 1?

How does it look like that? Arizona is only 1.5 games a head of LA and LA finally has some offense to go along with that great pitching.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

How does it look like that? Arizona is only 1.5 games a head of LA and LA finally has some offense to go along with that great pitching.

Not to mention that the Cubs could end up facing the NL East winner in the first round and not the NL West winner.

Hey holt, how about that Jim Edmonds guy? Too bad he's washed up and the Cards had to move on! Cool
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I normally just watch the Brewers when they are on, but I must say I am really excited about the Cubs-Cards series. I'm hoping for some quality baseball, especially after that butt-kicking you guys handed us a little while ago.

Best of luck to both teams.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Well, I normally just watch the Brewers when they are on, but I must say I am really excited about the Cubs-Cards series. I'm hoping for some quality baseball, especially after that butt-kicking you guys handed us a little while ago.

Well you didn't get you're good luck for the Cards in in time for todays game. The game just ended with a Cubbie win!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Well you didn't get you're good luck for the Cards in in time for todays game. The game just ended with a Cubbie win!

Personally, I'm hoping for a split (it is a 4-gamer right?) and a Brewers win streak, but if not, I'd rather see the Cubs take 3 of 4 than the Cards make up ground on us. You guys might have not seen a series win in 100 years, but at least you have been to playoffs! I just want to see the Crew in October!

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 3 game series.
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Not to mention that the Cubs could end up facing the NL East winner in the first round and not the NL West winner.

Hey holt, how about that Jim Edmonds guy? Too bad he's washed up and the Cards had to move on! Cool

If the Cubs end up with the NL's best record, the Brewers or Cardinals win the Wild Card, and the D'Backs win the West with a lesser record than the East winner, then the Cubs would face Arizona, no?

I'm not guaranteeing a Cubs-Snakes series, it's just an interesting scenario that could end up happening.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
bears4life23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Edmonds had a hell of a game today against his old time, hitting 2 home runs. Pitching looked good as well did Howry. He really needed a game like this.

All in all a good win for the Cubs and let's keep it going!
hrubes20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting up NL Central Champs Wisc! Good game again tonight by Dempster. I keep waiting for him to get absolutely rocked, but he continues to go out there and pitch great for us. We need to keep winning these games in August, as our September schedule is pretty rough, if I remember correctly.

On a side note, did anybody else catch that Hoffpauir had 4 HRs yesterday in AAA? I honestly have no idea why Daryle Ward has a roster spot with his younger, cheaper equivalent (even that's debatable) waiting in the wings.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Thanks for putting up NL Central Champs Wisc! Good game again tonight by Dempster. I keep waiting for him to get absolutely rocked, but he continues to go out there and pitch great for us. We need to keep winning these games in August, as our September schedule is pretty rough, if I remember correctly.

On a side note, did anybody else catch that Hoffpauir had 4 HRs yesterday in AAA? I honestly have no idea why Daryle Ward has a roster spot with his younger, cheaper equivalent (even that's debatable) waiting in the wings.

Holy bejesus!!!!! Shocked 4 HR's? No I didn't hear that. Crazy.

The Cubs win another series and also pull another game away from the Red Birds. They are now 7 games up on St. Louis and 4 up on Milwaukee.

They just need to keep winning series, making some small tweaks and getting everyone going here down the stretch run (and getting healthy) and things are going to shape up nicely!
IlliniVikeFan23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:

Yeah, Imo Dempster has been the MVP of this team so far this season. Nobody expected this. He is a legitimate contender for the Cy Young. His contract is up after this season and this guy is going to get PAID, maybe even Big Z type money. Hopefully we can get a deal done with him.

I was shocked when I looked at Iowa's box score and I seen 4 HR's for Micah. I thought it was a typo or something. He'll defintely be brought up before the end of August.

Your boy Fook needs to start hitting. He hasn't done anything at all for at least two months. Pinella has even threatened to bench him.
bears4life23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is hitting 4hr's in a game, then I belive they should be brought up soon. Now when he was up here is didn't do amazing but I still think that he is better the Ward. I just don't see what the Cubs find in him, it seems every time he comes up he gets out, and they always say that he has power. I don't know is it just me or do you guys think that they should bring up someone to replace Daryle Ward. Btw Brewers won, lead is now 3.5 on them and 6.5 on the Cards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 1 of 67

Jump to: