Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Syracuse Orange Football- New Unis!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Syracuse Orange Football- New Unis! Reply with quote

Official Member of ACC 2013-pres

Syracuse's Schedule

Sat, August 31 ^ vs. Penn St. L
Sat, Sep 7 at Northwestern L
Sat, Sep 14 vs. Wagner W
Sat, Sep 21 vs. Tulane W
Sat, Oct 5 * vs. Clemson L
Sat, Oct 12 * at North Carolina St. W
Sat, Oct 19 * at Georgia Tech L
Sat, Nov 2 * vs. Wake Forest W
Sat, Nov 9 * at Maryland W
Sat, Nov 16 * at Florida St. L
Sat, Nov 23 * vs Pittsburgh L
Sat, Nov 30 * vs Boston College W

Bowl Game: Texas Bowl

Fri, Dec 27 vs Minnesota W

*Denotes Atlantic Coast Conference game
^Denotes Game at Metlife Stadium

Carrier Dome"The Loud House"

Home of the Syracuse Orange Football from 1980-Present

Players to Watch

Breakout Candidate

Offense: Jarrod West - Last year I nailed this selection with Jerome Smith. When Smith struggled the team struggled, when Smith played well the team played well. This selection could go to a lot of different players. Of course we have question mark at QB. But West is the selection this year because he is the one constant in the passing game. We lost our QB, our LT, and our two starting WRs. That is a lot to lose so Jarrod West who was stuck behind to very good receivers last year will have to step up and be the go to guy in the passing game. This Junior WR had a nice season as the 3rd WR on the depth chart. He had 43 catches with 588 yards and 2 TDs. A big factor in West's success this year is if he can gel with the new QB whether it is Hunt, Loeb, or Allen. West and Whales are going to be the two constants in the passing game and the new QB should be looking their way a lot this season.

Defense: Jay Bromley- Once again I am going with the only constant for the breakout player selection. Bromley will have to be the guy in order to have the smash mouth style that Shafer will want to run. We need some beef up front on the defensive line. We have all the talent in the world at linebacker but that doesn't mean a thing if the defensive line can not occupy linemen. The defense is going to look at Jay Bromley to step up and be the leader on the line. Jay had a solid season last year and has been on some ACC 3rd team this preseason. But games against Missouri and Rutgers proved he could be capable of much more. He will play alongside NT Eric Crume who I expect to be unexpected contributor to this team.

Star Player

Offense: Jerome Smith- Last years breakout player to watch and now this years star player to watch. It is no surprise that the Maxwell Awards list finalist would be our star player on offense. He struggled at first which is understandable. He didn't rush for over 100 yards till game 7. Before that the team was 2-4. He ran for over 95 yards in 6 of his last 7 games and Syracuse was 6-1 during that stretch. Smith also didn't have a TD till game 9. But with Nassib gone and Ameen-Moore moving to FB I expect Jerome to increase the number of TDs this year. Smith and Prince Tyson Gulley create the best RB duo in the ACC. This first team ACC player has a chance to be real special with two years of eligibility left. Giving him the #44 has even been discussed.

Defense: Dyshawn Davis- Just ask that Rutgers tailback who this pick should be haha. Davis is being named 1st team ACC as well. Davis is going to be an impact player playing next to Marquis Spruill and Cameron Lynch. Besides RB, LB is our strongest position. A lot of that is because of Davis who has NFL potential. Hard to believe this kid is going to be a Junior already. He and Lynch should wreck havoc this year in ACC teams backfield with the blitzing and aggressive style of defense that Scott Shafer has.

Shafer Starts Smash Mouth Era at Cuse Entering ACC

"When we get the opposition in the loud house we lock the doors behind them and we don't let them out." If that quote doesn't speak volumes about the style of play Shafer wants to bring to the table then I don't know what does "I envision an Orange crush defense that makes the opponents' families cringe when their child is about to get hit. I want to put the fear of God in the opposing football player that happens to have the ball underneath his arm." Shafer is bring an aggressive style of play for the departing Doug Marrone. Scott just doesn't want to win but he wants to beat the living crap out of his opponents. And he couldn't ask for a better roster to have a physical style of play with. On offense he has 3 returning offensive lineman who will pave the way to one of the best backfields in the country. Shafer wants to play physical well expect him to pound the rock with RB Jerome Smith and FB Adonis Ameen-Moore. They pack a punch and will bring defenders to fear of tackling these two horses. And when they don't expect it PTG will bust one. Shafer on offense needs to pound the rock. At receiver we have a good possession guys in West and Whales who will stop defense from completely creeping up on 3rd and short. On defense expect a lot of blitzing from the linebackers. Spruill, Lynch, and Davis will be given the freedom to rush and crush the passer. Especially with unproven players at DE. And with 3 returning starters in our secondary led by Keon Lyn we should expect to not get burned when we blitz. Shafer will be looking for penetration from our DTs in Crume and Bromley and will want to see a non stop motor. He definitely has the roster to beat the crap out of the finesse teams in the ACC. Just ask West Virginia and Louisville how finesse offenses match up with Shafer's physicality.

Recruiting Update

ESPN Recruiting
Rivals
247 Sports

Total Commits: 8
Top Prospect: KJ Williams
Position of Need: RB, OL, DB

5*

4*

KJ Williams, WR
AJ Long, QB

3*

Zaire Franklin, OLB
Parris Bennett, OLB
Colton Moskal, OLB
Jason Cabinda, LB
Rodney Williams, S
Naesean Howard, RB

2*

1*

Recruits to watch: Nile Sykes, Qadree Ollison, Steve Ishmael, Lamar Dawson, Christian Blake, Ervin Phillips, Chad Mavety, Aaron Roberts, Ish Witter, Deion Hallmon, Marcus Applefield, Kadeem Smith, Jamal Curtis

Opening Day

vs.
Saturday, Auguest 31st, 3:30PM on ABC/ESPN2- at Syracuse: Metlife Stadium

2012 Syracuse Orange (8-5) Big East Champions

2012 FBS Rankings:

Points for- 56th (30.0)
Points against- 46th (24.8.)
Passing Yards- 29th (289.0)
Rushing Yards- 40th (187.2)

ACC Pre-Season Power Rankings: 8th

2012 Team Leaders

Passing- Ryan Nassib- 471(Att) 294(Comp) 10(Int) 3749(Yards) 26(TDs)
Rushing- Jerome Smith- 227(Rushes) 1171(Yards) 5.2 (Avg) 3(TDs)
Receiving- Alec Lemon- 72(Rec.) 1070(Yards) 7(TDs)

Tackles- Shamarko Thomas- 24(Ast) 55(solo) 79(Total) 3.5 (tackle for loss)
Sacks- Brandon Sharpe 6.0(sacks) 35(tackles) 17.0 (tackle for loss) 0(forced fumbles)
Interceptions- Keon Lyn 3(Int) 32(Yds) 7 (PDs) 1(TDs)

Kicking- Ross Krautman- 23(att) 15(made) 43(XPM) 43(XPA)
Punting- Jonathon Fisher- 53(Punts) 2035(Yards) 38.4 (Avg)
Kick Returning- Jeremiah Kobena- 22(KRs) 436(Yards) 19.82(Avg) 0(TDs)

Season Prediction:

Syracuse this year has the element of surprise. No one knows what to expect from us in the ACC. Everything I read says we will struggle because we are replacing a QB, Coach, and our starting Wide Receivers. Although that does not mean we will struggle. Just means we have questions that this team has to answer. I also see so called experts saying we don't have enough talent to compete in year one... well we are being underrated in that aspect. We have a lot of talent on our depth chart that I expect to open some eyes. In non conference play I am expecting a loss to Penn St. Also barely pulling out a win against Northwestern. I see us 3-1 in nonconference play. In conference play I see a big trap against Clemson. First ACC game in the dome and we gonna shock the world. Unfortunately I see the team getting to confident and losing to GT and NCST the next two games. Then after that wins include Pitt, BC, WF, and Maryland. Also a loss to FSU. So that brings our overall record to 8-4 (5-3) and a 3rd place finish behind Clemson and FSU in our atlantic division. We will be selected to the Music City Bowl!

Lets Go Cuse!
Very Happy

Last edited by marshawn lynch on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 68 times in total
A.J.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Syracuse Orange Football Thread Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Lets dicuss some SU football.

I will start it off.
Do you think SU football will ever become a good team again?

Once Greg Robinson is gone, probably.

How is Averin Collier doing so far?

Oklahoma Sooner Fan (Boomer Sooner)
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Syracuse Orange Football Thread Reply with quote

A.J. wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I will start it off.

I actually have hope in Greg Robinson cause he was only coaching for 2 or 3 years and his 1st year they were not his players they were Paul Pasqualoni players.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Syracuse Orange Football Thread Reply with quote

A.J. wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I will start it off.

Averin has a stress fracture in his foot. He sat out the majority of spring practice. Currently, he's sitting fourth on the depth chart behind Carter, Brinkley, and Hogue. But expect to see him in an extended capacity in the last two or three games of the season, as well as when we play WV.

As far as the upcoming season, the only things I'm looking forward to are Arthur Jones and Mike Holmes. Both have All-Big East potential in my opinion.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Syracuse Orange Football Thread Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
A.J. wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I will start it off.

Averin has a stress fracture in his foot. He sat out the majority of spring practice. Currently, he's sitting fourth on the depth chart behind Carter, Brinkley, and Hogue. But expect to see him in an extended capacity in the last two or three games of the season, as well as when we play WV.

As far as the upcoming season, the only things I'm looking forward to are Arthur Jones and Mike Holmes. Both have All-Big East potential in my opinion.

Yeah we better get our running game going it sucked last year.....well pretty much everything sucked last year for us. I just hope SU turns their team around. I hope our team could get as good as our Basketball team.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally just looking forward to the next coach so we can get this bum out of here. I can't bear one of the most prestigious programs in the country go down the tubes while programs with no history are having success. It just isn't right.

I like the Giants offensive coordinator, I have heard him as a candidate for replacement. Also, the University of Buffalo's coach is someone I have heard mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldbruschi wrote:
I'm personally just looking forward to the next coach so we can get this bum out of here. I can't bear one of the most prestigious programs in the country go down the tubes while programs with no history are having success. It just isn't right.

I like the Giants offensive coordinator, I have heard him as a candidate for replacement. Also, the University of Buffalo's coach is someone I have have heard mentioned.

I know USF did nothing and now they are one of the bests and we where really good and now we can barely win 2 games.

Mad can't beleive I am agreeing with a pats fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are some of your guys thought on Jake Flaherty?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Overrated based on his numbers. He's a good leader and knows his position, but physically, he can't compete with the rest of the Big East. That being said, he is the best of our starting LBs.

icecoldbruschi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Too slow. However, the one thing that I do like about G-Rob is that he has brought in some pretty fast LB's in Mele/Battles/Cantey which I like.

I'm actually starting to get optimistic this season (but then again, I am every year). I really think this could be the year we turn it around. I actually just renewed my season tickets yesterday (I wasn't originally going to get them).

We got a solid QB in Andrew Robinson. We have 4 great runners when healthy in Delone Carter, Curtis Brinkley, Doug Hogue and Averin Collier. We got a couple good freshman wideouts. We have Art Jones, who is a beast and some guys who have playmaker potential on D.

If the o-line is serviceable and G-Rob actually coaches a little, I think we could easily make a bowl with our schedule.

If not, at least the next coach will have more talent to work with when he comes in then G-Rob did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool an SU thread. Whats the deal with Mike Williams...will he be back? I forget the situation.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldbruschi wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Too slow. However, the one thing that I do like about G-Rob is that he has brought in some pretty fast LB's in Mele/Battles/Cantey which I like.

I'm actually starting to get optimistic this season (but then again, I am every year). I really think this could be the year we turn it around. I actually just renewed my season tickets yesterday (I wasn't originally going to get them).

We got a solid QB in Andrew Robinson. We have 4 great runners when healthy in Delone Carter, Curtis Brinkley, Doug Hogue and Averin Collier. We got a couple good freshman wideouts. We have Art Jones, who is a beast and some guys who have playmaker potential on D.

If the o-line is serviceable and G-Rob actually coaches a little, I think we could easily make a bowl with our schedule.

If not, at least the next coach will have more talent to work with when he comes in then G-Rob did.

Do you live near Syracuse?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Do you live near Syracuse?

Nah, I go to SU though.

And don4593, Mike Williams will not be playing this fall unfortunately. If I were to guess, he will be reinstated to school in January and play the following season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collier use to goto my rivalry school!!!
Im playing J.V this year
but they are trying to move me up to Varsity
I would be playing with the people that tackled him!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
Collier use to goto my rivalry school!!!
Im playing J.V this year
but they are trying to move me up to Varsity
I would be playing with the people that tackled him!!

Correction, guys who tried and failed to tackle him Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: