Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first Patriots 2006 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: My first Patriots 2006 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Round 1 (32): D'Qwell Jackson/ILB/Maryland
6-0

--------------------------------------------
ILB looks like the biggest need and even if Bruschi comes back I think it would be smart to develop a nice young ILB behind both him and maybe Chad Brown. Another opition here would be Abdul Hodge but I think we would need to have a top 15 pick to get him when the draft comes around.

Round 2 (64): Dontrell Moore/RB/New Mexico
5-10

Corey Dillon is an amazing RB but there is no one behind him. Kevin Faulk is a great 3rd down back and reciever but Cedric Cobbs is a question mark. He can't stay on the field like fellow 2004 draft class rookie P.K Sam. Moore's stock will rise and has good size for being 5-10, I really like this kid.

Round 3 (96): Jonathan Orr/WR/Wisconsin
6-3

--------------------------------------
What do Troy Brown, David Givens, David Terrell, Tim Dwight and Andre Davis all have in commen? There all free agents in the offseason. Obviously we won't sign all of these guys and plus Brown will retire and Givens might go because of money but if Givens does stay I doubt Davis and Terrell stay. This would leave a hole at the # 3 WR. This pick could be our best, Orr has good size and can catch the ball, even with a amazing season I could see Orr in round 2 or 3 NOTE: I don't know if Sam and or Johnson will be on the team next year either.

Round 4 (128): Gerald Anderson/DT/Georgia
6-2

---------------------------------------------
Can anyone name the DT behind Wilfork? I accually can't and that's said because I can name everyone else on this team. Anderson is great value at this pick and would be a solid backup for Wilfork.

Round 5 (160): Mark LeVoir/OT/Notre Dame
6-7

---------------------------------------
This pick will be a head scrather but because of the Weis/Belechik connection LeVoir will be a high pick. He will give up depth at Tackle incase of any injurys.

Round 6 (192): Harrison Smith/CB/California
6-2

------------------------------------------
The Pats have some great CB's this year and rookie Ellis Hobbs looks like a keeper for a while. Smith will like the other picks give up depth

Round 7 (224) Bruce Gradjowski/QB/Toledo
6-2

Flutie will probably retire and Davey will be gone. So that leaves us with Brady and Cassel, we need another QB

Okay guys, I didn't know what picks we had so I just put the normall 7, I know we have like another 4th and 5th but then I didn't know what we gave up for Andre' Davis. Another thing, everyone who does one of these..SAVE IT so you can look back on the day after the draft and laugh. Because no one of these picks will be right, lol they never are. In my first pats mock last year I had the Pats picking Mankins in round 6..goes to show what I know.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....Ur right no1 ever predicts right....Good logic behind the picks though....

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
rblevens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Gradkowski will be gone after the second/third round.

Besides that I love the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Abdul may slip to us at 32. If not, D'Qwell is a good option.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: