Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Florida Gator Football Thread v. II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_wolf84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Hardgraves and Sherit coming tomorrow.. would be awesome to snag those 2 as a package deal... I would like to see more kids from Tampa Bay area wearing the orange and blue!

Dream list would be Hargraves, Tunsil, Walker, Harris Sherit and maybe Taj to fill out this class.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day, another transfer. Redshirt Freshman WR Ja'Juan Story this time. Probably had to do with Hill resigning and him being dead last on the depth chart.

http://www.gatorzone.com/carter/blog/972

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Frank Frangie ‏@Frank_Frangie
Driskel has a broken scapula, bone in the non-throwing shoulder. No word on how long he is shelved but seems to be Brissett's job for now.

Time to step up Jacoby.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Quote:
Frank Frangie ‏@Frank_Frangie
Driskel has a broken scapula, bone in the non-throwing shoulder. No word on how long he is shelved but seems to be Brissett's job for now.

Time to step up Jacoby.
Not going to say this is good. But now we get to focus on one QB which I like. RS Driskel and we should be good.

garbage
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rooting for Driskel to win the job - looks like this is going to severly hurt his chance. Although I did read he will practice today, so anything is possible.
bizell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G josh outlaw decommits

sig by sucka steve
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Muschamp stuck to his guns and rode one QB in the second half, but I can't help but feel that Brissett didn't get much of a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After seeing most of the playing time Saturday in the Gators’ season-opening win against Bowling Green, Jeff Driskel was named Florida’s starter for Saturday’s road game at Texas A&M.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-09-03/florida-gators-starting-quarterback-jeff-driskel-will-muschamp-jacoby-brissett

The wait is over, it was pretty obvious that Driskel was going to be the starter after the amount of snaps he played.
bizell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
I like that Muschamp stuck to his guns and rode one QB in the second half, but I can't help but feel that Brissett didn't get much of a chance.
:yeahthat: driskel got roll-outs and other short passes. brisset comes in and they choose long bombs for the pass plays. doesn't make much sense to me.

sig by sucka steve
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect us to open up the offense a bit more this week against the Vols. Gillislee should still be the focal point, but I'd like to see more downfield passes to Debose, Hammond, Dunbar etc..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
I'd expect us to open up the offense a bit more this week against the Vols. Gillislee should still be the focal point, but I'd like to see more downfield passes to Debose, Hammond, Dunbar etc..

Keep dreaming. The receivers have to get open to be thrown to. They don't. They're the weak link. Why do you think Driskel gets sacked all day. He doesn't like heaving it into coverage anymore. These guys are always covered. They need to get their newer guys like Pittman and Andrades involved. Hammond is decent but he's never going to dominate.

Also, Gillislee is injured. Otherwise he would have been n in that fourth quarter. The Gators have some real issues f they don't find some guys that can step up at running back and wide receiver this week. Driskel can't do it on his own.

That said, if the defense plays like they did in the second half against A&M, Tyler Bray is going to have a long, cruel game.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Florida coach Will Muschamp said linebacker Jelani Jenkins and cornerback Cody Riggs are likely to be out at least four weeks. Jenkins suffered a fractured thumb, while Riggs endured a slight fracture in his foot.

Quote:
Muschamp also said linebacker/defensive end Ronald Powell is likely headed to a redshirt season.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2012-09-10/muschamps-injury-report-not-kind-gators-defense

Seems like everyone else is practicing this week and plans to play on Saturday, which is good news. Losing Jenkins is a pretty big blow IMO, but they have some highly touted guys to fill in for him. It sucks to see Powell have to redshirt, but it's for the best and atleast some of the younger guys will get some playing time.

It's going to be a big test this week - get some pressure on Bray, cause some turnovers, limit the sacks, and we'll be competing all game.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win. I was a Brissett guy, but Driskel is surely doing his best to make me shut up. Winning at A&M and UT back to back is not that easy to do.

McCray and Burton came up huge tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big thing for me tonight was the zero sacks given up. That's both a credit to the offensive line and to the growth of Driskel.
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props on the win tonight. You outplayed us. Though, you have some of the most immature players I have witnessed at during a football game. Orr, McCray and Easley all were talking major crap to us in the student section and McCray actually threw his full gatorade cup at us. On the other hand Sturgis is one of the classiest guys I've seen. We were chanting his name the whole game and he'd turn around and wave then continue to ignore us unlike the other 3 I mentioned earlier. What McCray did was unacceptable and as a Division I athlete he should be able to ignore small heckling. Besides that great game (at least the first have was a great game). You guys deserved to win

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: