Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Florida Gator Football Thread v. II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be on yahoo also. sometimes yahoo carries Lincon Financial Sports games so it might be on there also. If not that, they could have the radio broadcast and that would be fun also.

Rise and Grind. Gators 2013
FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already two penalties on the first drive but it looks like we are warming up. Hard hit from Doe to break up a pass and Marsh just got a sack on the 3rd down which is huge because we couldn't get off on 3rd down last season.

FL's 245 Fave Hip Hop Songs (245-201)
FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The 6th penalty in the 1st quarter if this is our defense it is going to be long year for Gator fans. Brick wall

BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't watch the game cause I live in Erie, but have been watching the game tracker, and it seems we are playing well on both sides of the ball, especially on defense but the penalties have hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey and Demps look ridiculously quick and they make it look so easy. They can help replace Harvin. Ahmad Black looks good coverage and makes plays, Major Wright looks like he's improved against the pass also. Haden has been every where today and Marsh has looked solid. James also has looked good and has two touchdowns. The defense is going to force more turnovers this year but they need to play smarter and we'll be fast.

jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Rainey to get more touches, it seems like we have gotten over our disastrous 1st qtr start which is good. We can't afford to be so careless early in games against good teams like Georgia, LSU etc.. but I'll give us a break being the 1st game.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interception for a TD! Ahmad Black looks good with his second pickoff of the day. Great blocking on that play and the whole defense got their quick to help Black.

JaguarsFan28329

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know but i get the feeling we won? Laughing rly close game huh Laughing

Proud. Bold. Committed -- Stand United. That's the theme for the Jaguars and the primary message for year ahead.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My position-by-position observations from today:

QB
1. Tim Tebow looked like something was off today. He did a poor job making reads quickly and didn't do a good job making sure the ball went on target to the receivers. He needs to buckle down and read plays faster while also making better throws.

2. Cameron Newton looks like a good runner, but that's about it.

RB
1. Where was the fabled Emmanuel Moody? I sure as heck didn't see him until the second string got out there. Something must be up.

2. Chris Rainey looked fantastic today displaying excellent speed and vision. This guy is the RB of the future for Florida.

3. Kestahn Moore ran for positive yardage today. Baby steps. This is good.

4. Jeff Demps also looked great today making a couple plays in the running and receiving game. Look out.

WR

1. Louis Murphy needs to be utilized more.

2. Riley Cooper did a great job run blocking.

3. Deonte Thompson should have caught that deep ball. The most important thing a receiver can do is catch the ball and he had it right in his hands. Very disappointing.

TE
1. Tate Casey caught a couple passes. I was impressed. I didn't think he could do anything right.

OL

1. Terrible job protecting Tebow today. Tebow was often flushed out of the pocket by pressure.

2. Good job making holes for our RBs to get through.

DL

1. They're creating a lot more pressure in the passing game than they were a year ago.

2. Not a great job taking care of the running backs, though.

3. Matt Patchan should try and figure out that we're playing tackle football, not two hand touch.

4. Learn how to line-up on your own side of the football.

LB
1. Dustin Doe was impressive today. He did a good job pursuing the ball carriers and taking them down.

DBs

1. Wondy Pierre-Louis is still garbage in zone coverage, though his man to man skills have improved.

2. Joe Haden is going to be a household name amongst college football enthusiasts in the years to come.

3. Ahmad Black came out of nowhere and had a great game today. He really turned the lights on for this one. I can't wait to see him do more at safety.

4. Major Wright is doing a great Sean Taylor impression out there.

5. Janoris Jenkins did pretty well in his debut. I didn't see a lot of completions in his direction.

STs

1. Brandon James is sick nasty.

2. Jonathan Phillips can't kickoff.

3. Neither can Caleb Sturgis.

Hawaii

1. They have a really good kicker
2. Funaki is a good QB. They should start him.

That's all for now, folks.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to plan.

Rise and Grind. Gators 2013
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game wasn't on TV in Cincinnati but from what I saw on ESPN it looked pretty good except for the penalties. Major Wright and Brandon James both had big defense/special teams plays today. Sad to see Tebow's streak of 14 consecutive games with atleast one rushing and one passing TD go. Overall good day, i'll take it.

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinalsfan wrote:
game wasn't on TV in Cincinnati but from what I saw on ESPN it looked pretty good except for the penalties. Major Wright and Brandon James both had big defense/special teams plays today. Sad to see Tebow's streak of 14 consecutive games with atleast one rushing and one passing TD go. Overall good day, i'll take it.

The penalties were just the result of an overzealous ref. From what I've heard, the white hat told the guy to cut it out cause it was too much, and that's why we didn't see any more of those stupid offsides calls after the first quarter. Major Wright was good, but Ahmad Black earned his stars and stripes yesterday with his play. He looked like a great find at safety.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLsports4life15 wrote:
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:
I just wanted to get this forums opinion of the FLorida running back situation.

With all of the talent in the backfield, how will Rainey's stats end up this year?

Will he play alot in the slot or just in the backfield? Will he be in alot of sets or is he just a change of pace back?

What is your guys guess of his stats against Hawaii?

I drafted him in my keeper league and wondered what kind of year to expect from him.

Rainey will put up good stats in receiving and in the backfield. He'll be used in slot. No one knows how Rainey will used specifically but the Gators staff will get him on the field. He'll be used similar to Harvin and could lead the team in YPC. I think he'll get atleast one touchdown versus Hawaii.

Thanks for the input guys!!!!

Man FL you were right on....Rainey had a TD. My fantasy league scores a recption as well, so I think I will like Rainey, especially since it is a keeper league and I will have him for 4 years.

What are your guys thoughts on his stats against the U this week?
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot more Tebow will be used and Rainey/Demps/Harvin will all be playing...Is that legal?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a bit on and off when it comes to CFB, therefore I wouldn't consider my self as a "full blood" Gator fan (because I like many other CFB teams to) but Iv'e would keep my ears open and listen very closely to this thread. Hopefully I can post a bit too in here also.

Now. Great start of this season, nothing resistance really against "us" and a very safe victory. Im much exicted for this season and think "we" would have a fair shot for the BCS titel as long we just keep doing our thang! SEC is a tough conference to play in, nothing is giving away so you had too do your best everytime. This is why I really love SEC football.

Can't wait for next gator game! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 4 of 100

Jump to: