Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Off Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Rams Off Season Reply with quote

I think it is safe to say that Turley will not be back. While I absolutely loved the interview the other day he physically is just not going to be ready to play. That is why more than ever the Rams have to sign Pace along with another veteran OT. I know asking for Pace and Walter Jones is just too much for cap reasons but if we lose Pace then Jones should be priority #1 in the off season. Martz's lack of attention to the O line is probably the biggest issue they have to address in the offseason. I know their D is awful but guess what I went to the game in Arizona this year and if Bulger gets hurt their season is over. If they can sign Pace and at least another quality vet on the O line then use the first rounder on defense. Marlin Jackson, Carlos Rogers, Thomas Davis are 3 guys I would love to see on the Rams next year. If not then a big time LB should be selected preferably somebody who can play the MLB position.
showtime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel u man but i think we should trade pace away to cleveland and get the 3rd overall pick and take derrick johnson....then with the 19th overall pick we could get the best o-linemen available....then with pick 50 we can take another defensive player or another o-linemen like maybe michael monuz.....then in fa we can take a corner like woodson or smoot...scream @ the kid
JamesT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

showtime wrote:
i feel u man but i think we should trade pace away to cleveland and get the 3rd overall pick and take derrick johnson....then with the 19th overall pick we could get the best o-linemen available....then with pick 50 we can take another defensive player or another o-linemen like maybe michael monuz.....then in fa we can take a corner like woodson or smoot...scream @ the kid

can't afford pace and woodson so that will not work. I would rather see them sign Pace and try to find someone cheaper than Woodson. Personally I dont think Cleveland would trade the Rams that pick anyway. I think this is wishful thinking by Rams fans out there. We already have small quick guys like Derrick Johnson we need a big nasty LB. Being an SDSU alum Kirk Morrison is a complete stud who would be a great fit on this team that they could get in the 3rd round roughly. They also need a ton of help at the safety position. Love Thomas Davis from Georgia but he will not be around unfortunately.
showtime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo i live in san diego and i know kirk morrison.......he's a complete stud but people overlook him or don't know about him cuz he's from a small school in the mountian west confrence SDSU i like him too though.....scream @ the kid
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let me start by saying I know this would never happen but how sweet would this be?

FA - Smoot, Buchanon - (Best CB we can get our hands on.)

Pace and 4th to Cleveland for 1st and 2nd.
#3 pick and 5th to Arizona for 1st and 2nd. (Arizona wants to jump in front of Oakland for either Rogers, Brown, or Smith)

1st round(Arizona) - Jammal Brown - OT - OK
1st round(Rams) - Elton Brown - OG - Virginia
2nd round(Cleveland) - Michael Munoz - OT - Tenn.
2nd round(Arizona) - David Baas - OG - Michigan
2nd round(Rams) - Shazor, Brimmer, Nicholson - FS (whichever is available)
3rd round(Miami) - Ben Wilkerson - C - LSU
3rd round(Rams) - Morrison, Blackstock, Boley - LB (Best available)

Our O-line would rival that of the Chiefs and Broncos, all potetial pro-bowlers and all rookies. Not to mention we would have depth and they could learn from guys like Timmermann and Dishman. We obviously have the young RB to take care of the yards and Bulger is old either.

We would have addressed CB in FA, Williams replacement at FS in the draft, and if we loose Polley we drafted his replacement as well.

Again, never gonna happen but man would it be sweet!!!
JamesT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

showtime wrote:
yo i live in san diego and i know kirk morrison.......he's a complete stud but people overlook him or don't know about him cuz he's from a small school in the mountian west confrence SDSU i like him too though.....scream @ the kid

Him and McCoy are going to be a steal in this draft I just hope the Rams look at Morrison. They need somebody like him at the LB position. Get some size and toughness back there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: