You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trae Williams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Trae Williams Reply with quote

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/traewilliams.html

I was just wondering what the deal was with him and how he has looked in the ota's... has anyone heard anything about him?
tealcurtain9899

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything bad or good with Trae. We felt like it was a good draft pick and we got good value in the 5th round, but I think we'll have to wait till training camp to get a good look at him.

My guess is he'll be our dimeback at best to start the season contributing mostly on ST.
bobloblaw86

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with tealcurtain. I think he'll still be a good player, but I'm not sure he'll have an immediate impact on defence. I see him as a good ST in his rookie year.

Jamison. on the sig
mojo2089

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at 2 or 3 USF games last year and remember seeing Trae so I was stoked when we selected him with such a late selection. I can't think of many players that would not be overshaddowed by Mike Jenkins that were in this draft. I like the fact that he has a nose for the ball (going against the scouting report...6,7 ints in 2 years), and he is very fluid. With him getting picked on beacuse of Jenkins it has given him a lot more experience and he was a 4 year player on a good USF team. I would agree that he will need some time to bulk up and catch up to the NFL, but in 2-3 years I think we will be a very good player. Plus how could we not be excited about adding another Williams to the squad?
jagscanes28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a little bit bummed to see that the strengths and weaknesses are just as long but then again he is a 5th round pick and i would say thats a pretty good pick for that late in the draft. since he is so small he can definetely help out with slot receivers if he gets more physical and better at tackling
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with Mike Jenkins recieving alot fo attention Trae got most of the work so his stats stick out... I don't know if it was bc he was just awsome and for some reason his combine didn't stick out or bc he just happened to be in the right place at the right time 7 times las season?
tealcurtain9899

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:
Well with Mike Jenkins recieving alot fo attention Trae got most of the work so his stats stick out... I don't know if it was bc he was just awsome and for some reason his combine didn't stick out or bc he just happened to be in the right place at the right time 7 times las season?

Exactly. He didn't have the workout #s to warrant a high draft pick. But, he was a good football player in college and he looked good on film which got him drafted. I think it helps that he was local because we tend to scout those guys more.

He certainly could be our NB for the future and provide decent depth behind Mathis and Florence.
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? behind Drayton Florence? I actually like Trae more than Mike Jenkins and my favorite team is the cowboys... so I hope Trae eventually plays his way to the number 2 spot... obviously not this next season but in a few years
tealcurtain9899

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:
really? behind Drayton Florence? I actually like Trae more than Mike Jenkins and my favorite team is the cowboys... so I hope Trae eventually plays his way to the number 2 spot... obviously not this next season but in a few years

well...you never know. I can't see him pushing Florence out of the starting lineup, but stranger things have happened. Asante Samuel was a 4th rounder and he's regarded as one of the best in the league, so it's certainly possible for Trae to work his way into the starting lineup.
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm just shocked that Drayton Florence is starting somewhere... He MUST have improved I guess since the last time I seen him in san diego...
bobloblaw86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:
Actually I'm just shocked that Drayton Florence is starting somewhere... He MUST have improved I guess since the last time I seen him in san diego...

I really did not pay much attention to him before we signed him, but based on all the negative things I've heard on FF about Florence, he must be worst player in the league. It's amazing he had several teams willing to give him a similar contract the he got from the Jags. Are NFL front offices not seeing what all the fans see?

Jamison. on the sig
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobloblaw86 wrote:
eternalsoldier wrote:

I really did not pay much attention to him before we signed him, but based on all the negative things I've heard on FF about Florence, he must be worst player in the league. It's amazing he had several teams willing to give him a similar contract the he got from the Jags. Are NFL front offices not seeing what all the fans see?

From what I have seen of him he's actually a decent player and would start of a quite a few teams. Then again I haven't seen all that much but I've seen a bit and it hasn't really been that bad. I think people don't like him because he hasn't been an INT machine like most people like. That's the only reason he was benched for Cromartie was because Cromartie has the potential to lead the league in INT's every year.
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Texas and have watched Drayton since he was at a&m and he just doesn't have that ummph that starting cornerbacks do... My favorite corner in the league is Terrence Newman someone who doesn't get a lot of picks but shuts down the opposing WR... Florence doesn't have that quality... he would be a VERY solid nickle but as a starter but just average as a starter
bobloblaw86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:
I live in Texas and have watched Drayton since he was at a&m and he just doesn't have that ummph that starting cornerbacks do... My favorite corner in the league is Terrence Newman someone who doesn't get a lot of picks but shuts down the opposing WR... Florence doesn't have that quality... he would be a VERY solid nickle but as a starter but just average as a starter

According to wikipedia he went to the University of Tennesse Chattanooga before transferring to Tuskegee. I don't see anything about Texas A&M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drayton_Florence

Jamison. on the sig
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobloblaw86 wrote:
eternalsoldier wrote:

According to wikipedia he went to the University of Tennesse Chattanooga before transferring to Tuskegee. I don't see anything about Texas A&M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drayton_Florence

ok my mistake... I was thinking of Sammy Davis... sry I was just thinkin about the chargers and... o well my mistake...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: