Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TitanSS 2017 Mock Off-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: TitanSS 2017 Mock Off-Season Reply with quote

I've completely ran out of Titans news to read and I'm getting bored waiting for the season to start! That said, it's time to take a look at next season haha. For awhile now I've wanted to start a mock off-season before the season so I could go back periodically and look at how terrible my opinions were and see how much the prospects have changed. For the sake of this mock, I'm assuming we're picking 7th(Rams) and 11th after a 6-10 season. I'm not going to pay too much attention to depth players at this point.

Notable Released/Not Resigned

Kendall Wright - Often injured and has only had one season really worth resigning.
Chance Warmack - Could be resigned after a good season, but he almost seems soft considering who he is supposed to be. I also don't like the way he tried to place blame on his former OL coach.
Dexter McCluster
Ropati Potoitua
Byron Bell
Rashad Johnson
Craig Stevens

Notable Free Agent Acquisitions

Larry Warford - RG - The guy we wanted to draft instead of wasting our time on Warmack. He looked like an amazing guard in his first two years with the Lions. He was PFF's #1 OG in his rookie season. Since then, the Lions have moved to a zone-blocking scheme and he has looked very average. Due to this his contract shouldn't break the bank and hopefully a return to the power-run puts him back at the top.

2017 NFL Draft

1st Round (7th Overall - From Rams)
Corey Davis - 6'3" 215lbs - WR - Western Michigan - I think this guy is going to be special. He's going to be knocked because of his level of competition, but he also had one of the best games of his career against Michigan State. I think he will end up surpassing Smith-Schuster as the #1 WR in this class, and by the end of the season he is on pace to be the all-time leader in receiver yards in NCAA history. He needs a little over 1200 yards and he's had over 1400 yards each of the last two seasons. Davis has very deceptive speed which allows him to be one of the best route-runners in college football. He is incredibly smooth in and out of his breaks is a weapon all over the field. He gives Mariota his first real deep threat while also being incredibly effective at running short and intermediate routes, as well as WR screens. He will make his money near the sidelines, but can play the slot as well. The two NFL comparisons I see for him are Josh Gordon and Allen Robinson. I haven't watched much of Robinson, but I can definitely see the Josh Gordon comparison.

1st Round (11th Overall)
Marlon Humphrey - 6'1" 200lbs - CB - Alabama - Could end up being the first CB off the board, Humphrey has the physical skillset teams are looking for. He was a high school all-world track star in the 110m and 400m hurdles, and still runs track for Alabama. Very good at playing press or off coverage, and very intelligent player. Incredibly physical when playing the run game and appears to be very strong. Personally one of my favorite corners coming out in some time.

3rd Round
Bucky Hodges - 6'6" 245lbs - TE - Virgina Tech - Large frame and effective receiver. I'd love for Jake Butt to fall, but I doubt that happens. Hodges gives us a guy to groom while Walker is still on the team. Should be an outstanding red zone target.

3rd Round (From Rams)
Mason Cole - 6'5" 305lbs - C - Michigan - Played OT for two years and is moving to C this season. Should be solid in pass and run blocking and his knowledge of multiple positions will be helpful as he tries to become the leader of the offensive line and call out blocking assignments. We attempt to get Ben Jones replacement before we need to.

2017 Tennessee Titans Starting Roster

WR1 - Corey Davis
WR3 - Tajae Sharpe
LT - Taylor Lewan
LG - Sebastian Tretola
C - Ben Jones
RG - Larry Warford
RT - Jack Conklin
TE - Delanie Walker
WR2 - Rishard Matthews
RB - Derrick Henry
FB - Jalston Fowler
QB - Marcus Mariota

DE - DaQuan Jones
NT - Austin Johnson
DE - Jurrell Casey
OLB - Kevin Dodd
ILB - Sean Spence
ILB - Avery Williamson
OLB - Brian Orakpo
CB1 - Marlon Humphrey
CB2 - Jason McCourty
FS - Kevin Byard
SS - Da'Norris Searcy

With Mariota, Henry, and Davis our offense is filled with star power and if the OL meshes we could see an offensive juggernaut. The defense gets much better in the secondary iwth the addition of Humphrey and if Dodd, Johnson, and Byard all show they're ready to step into starting roles I think we sould have a very promising defense.

Now let's see if this gives us all a good laugh mid-season.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you TitanSS starting these mocks early huh? Laughing

Not bad at all. I haven't done a lot of work on this draft class yet but I do like Humphrey and Davis as early picks. Rather have David Njoku over Hodges as our developmental TE. Could be my Miami bias though Wink Also if he has a good season and declares after his RS Sophomore year, he'll likely be a much higher pick.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick Morgan on the bench? You think Dodd overtakes him in year 2?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Not bad at all. I haven't done a lot of work on this draft class yet but I do like Humphrey and Davis as early picks. Rather have David Njoku over Hodges as our developmental TE. Could be my Miami bias though Wink Also if he has a good season and declares after his RS Sophomore year, he'll likely be a much higher pick.

I'm so bored waiting for this season to start man! haha. I haven't watched any of Njoku, so he may very well be a better pick. I chose Hodges because he appears to be the real deal as a red zone target, but I'm not sold on his blocking.

Njoku kind of looks like DGB, but 10 lbs heavier Shocked Shocked I couldn't find any cut ups on him, only a highlight video. Looks pretty good in those few clips, but he's always split out wide. If he runs his projected 4.49 at 245 lbs he won't be there in the 3rd round, even if he sits out all year lol.

KingTitan wrote:
Derrick Morgan on the bench? You think Dodd overtakes him in year 2?

I do. I still think there is a good amount of rotation going on, but I think Dodd is more explosive and has a better bend around the edge. I also still believe Morgan is somewhat overrated on here. He's not bad, but I wouldn't say he's any better than good. Going to depend a lot on how much Dodd gets to see the field this year.

I'd also be surprised if either Morgan or Orakpo doesn't suffer an injury at some point this season allowing Dodd to start a few games.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I'm so bored waiting for this season to start man! haha. I haven't watched any of Njoku, so he may very well be a better pick. I chose Hodges because he appears to be the real deal as a red zone target, but I'm not sold on his blocking.

Njoku kind of looks like DGB, but 10 lbs heavier Shocked Shocked I couldn't find any cut ups on him, only a highlight video. Looks pretty good in those few clips, but he's always split out wide. If he runs his projected 4.49 at 245 lbs he won't be there in the 3rd round, even if he sits out all year lol.

Yea Njoku is a TE that goes all over the field. His blocking and consistency are what needs to improve but you also have to remember he was only a RS freshman last year. I'm expecting a huge year out of him in Mark Richts offense and a likely a top 5 pick in next years draft throwing to him.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we need corners, but I would be very tempted by Jabril Peppers of Michigan. I see some Jalen Ramsey in him, would be interesting to see his fit in Lebeau's defense. Especially next to Kevin Byard

**RIP Steve McNair**
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Rams gives the Titans a spot in the top 5 and we draft somewhere in the top 15. Be nice to draft around 20-32 I just don't think the team is there yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: