Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Football's Future update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Football's Future update Reply with quote

In case you guys missed it, which is certainly possible since I'm not sure how many of you venture to the Feedback Forum, webby has posted about an update FF is currently undergoing and transitioning to shortly.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

Webmaster wrote:
I will be updating the forum to a brand new modern software platform before the NFL season starts. The new forum will have a modern look with a responsive mobile design that automatically adjusts to work great on any device and includes a host of exciting new features:

- Improved posting features with automatic embedding of links from services like twitter and youtube.
- An extensive notification system that members can customize to their needs.
- Ignore and like features so you can ignore members you donít want to see and like high-quality posts.
- Detailed profile pages with much more customization and informtaion.
- @member mentions to address specific members in a given topic.
- Improved quoting features so no more mess of quote trees.
- Improved search, private messaging, and much more.

FAQ:

When will the forum transition over to the new software platform?
We are currently in the alpha stages of testing the platform. We are moving to beta testing this week. If the beta test goes well the transition should happen in about a month. The goal is to have everything complete before the NFL season starts.

What do I need to do to get ready for the transition?
Update your profile with a current email address. When the transition happens youíll receive an email to the address in your profile with your temporary password for the new forum platform. You can then setup your account on the new forum platform.

How can I help beta test the new forum?
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

I enjoy the current forum. What if I donít want to learn a bunch of new features?
Donít worry. All the new features are optional. You can use them all or just the basic posting features. The basic features and structure of the new forum are very similar to this forum. Youíll be comfortable with it in no time at all. Our focus is great football talk and that isnít going to change.

Props to mike23md on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone that has gotten to take a look around the new version of FF, the step forward is pretty significant. It's infinitely more user-friendly on mobile and the ability to embed tweets and videos is pretty big moving forward.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news and I'm glad to hear it! Excited for the changes

To be completely honest with you all -- through all the years, I really love this site. I know it's dated and it's not as active (Titans board is still pretty active, but the larger site not as much) as it used to be, but I still rely on this site to have great talk around Titans football with you guys. I feel that other Titans forums and reddit lack the knowledge that's here and am glad that we can continue to have a place for us to discuss Titan football and hopefully, finally, experience a great team together.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
This is great news and I'm glad to hear it! Excited for the changes

To be completely honest with you all -- through all the years, I really love this site. I know it's dated and it's not as active (Titans board is still pretty active, but the larger site not as much) as it used to be, but I still rely on this site to have great talk around Titans football with you guys. I feel that other Titans forums and reddit lack the knowledge that's here and am glad that we can continue to have a place for us to discuss Titan football and hopefully, finally, experience a great team together.
Agreed. I'm also hopeful that the overall activity (even though the Titans forum in general hasn't really gone through as much of a dip) will see a nice bump. Navigating FF on an iPhone has always been a bit of a pain, given how many people only use their phones, the new software should be a big help.

Anyways, I encourage you guys to sign up for the beta test. It's a chance to get a good start on testing out the new features and to help build up the new version of Titania.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this site but it's been in need of a new makeover.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no app yet though that would be nice

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it may seem crazy but the like feature will be pretty awesome.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I updated my email on here it never let me log back on and I had to make a whole new profile. I don't want that to happen again : (

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Last time I updated my email on here it never let me log back on and I had to make a whole new profile. I don't want that to happen again : (

Have to make sure there's no typos in the email you insert and it could send it to spam. When I updated mine to my yahoo address it sent it to spam mail.

#MTGA
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change can be good=)

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can't use the subSilver then I'm not sure I could handle using this site anymore Laughing
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have been able to take a look around the forum.
It is pretty snazzy. It is very mobile friendly.
Also the ability to post videos and twitter posts is such an upgrade.

It looks a lot cleaner and I think it will make posting a lot more fun and easier.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries if it isn't allowed/Webby doesn't want you to, but can you share some screenshots of the new look?

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
If I can't use the subSilver then I'm not sure I could handle using this site anymore Laughing

If it makes you feel better, the new color scheme is closer to subSilver than traditional FF.

Quote:
No worries if it isn't allowed/Webby doesn't want you to, but can you share some screenshots of the new look?

Honestly not sure if I can. Just sign up for the beta, webby will probably be pulling more people over in the next couple days. It's not really a test at this point, just getting used to everything.

The look itself is pretty standard. On a page-to-page and thread-to-thread basis, it looks very similar to FF just with a different color scheme (a lot more blue). Still have sigs, still have avys, still have your post count. Almost all of the differences are functionality based rather than visual. The notification system is great. Lets you know whenever you're quoted, tagged or someone likes your post without being obtrusive. Mobile is where you notice the biggest difference. Everything scales to the size of the browser, which was a huge problem with this version of FF.

But really, KT, TL and I need more people to talk to, so sign up. Laughing

Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Have to make sure there's no typos in the email you insert and it could send it to spam. When I updated mine to my yahoo address it sent it to spam mail.

Okay yay it worked lol thanks

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: