Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 Tennessee Titans Draft Grade
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade do you give the Titans?
A+
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
A
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
B
43%
 43%  [ 17 ]
C
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
D
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39

TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: 2016 Tennessee Titans Draft Grade Reply with quote

What grade do you give the Titans? What is your favorite pick? What is your least favorite pick?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a C because I'm a generous grader.

Favorite pick - Johnson or Reed.
Least favorite pick - Henry.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill give our draft a B.

We addressed our number 1 need in RT. It was pricier that I would like but we got our guy. I loved grabbing Kevin Dodd at 33. Top 20 player for some and better than Shaw Lawson imo. I liked the Austin Johnson pick if he plays NT. Derrick Henry in the 2nd was a shocker to me. I get the rational behind the pick now but I was upset at first. Byard was a great pick and seemed like Robinsons favorite as well. My favorite day 3 pick was Sebastian Tretola. I think he ends up the starter.

Favorite Pick: S Kevin Byard
Least Favorite Pick: RB Derrick Henry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the forums as a whole love a draft, it seems to turn out crappy for us. So as far as I'm concerned I hope everyone hates it with a passion. I, for one, am fairly pleased.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
When the forums as a whole love a draft, it seems to turn out crappy for us. So as far as I'm concerned I hope everyone hates it with a passion. I, for one, am fairly pleased.

Same.

Remember in 2011 how ecstatic everyone was about that draft?

Who did we get out of it? Jurell Casey, and while Casey is a phenomenal player, he's only one guy.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give us a solid B.

We came into the draft with a gameplan, and we followed said gameplan. We also addressed the majority of our team needs with quality prospects, who fit the team's new identity to a tee. What really hampers my grade is trading next years 2nd for Conklin & the Henry pick.

Can a Mr. Irrelevant be my favorite pick. Laughing The more I see and read about Kalan Reed, the more I feel he could be a gem.

My least favorite is Henry. Didn't view RB as a big enough need to address at all in day 2. I do actually think Henry could be a very good back though.

Duke-2015 National Champions
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Same.

Who did we get out of it? Jurell Casey, and while Casey is a phenomenal player, he's only one guy.
The only pick I remember people really liking Ayers. The majority of the pro-Locker stuff was just happiness that we didn't take Gabbert.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Same.

The only pick I remember people really liking Ayers. The majority of the pro-Locker stuff was just happiness that we didn't take Gabbert.

Nah. Everyone was also realllllly excited about McCarthy, Klug, and the dreaded Tommie Campbell.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I actually really like Henry. Him and Murray are perfect for what we're trying to do and Henry has some legit lateral quickness and burst coming out of the change of directions for such a big guy.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Same.

Nah. Everyone was also realllllly excited about McCarthy, Klug, and the dreaded Tommie Campbell.
Oh Tommie. So much optimism. Klug was a fifth right? He's had a decent career for himself. McCarthy. That one just makes me sad more than anything.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Same.

Oh Tommie. So much optimism. Klug was a fifth right? He's had a decent career for himself. McCarthy. That one just makes me sad more than anything.

Yeah, I forgot about Klug until I actually looked it up. He's been decent, but he's a backup guy at best.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft grades are typically just, "Did my team take the big name guys that I know about?"

Hate the Henry pick. Odd that none of you know who Dodd is since I've seen all of two football games the last 3 years and knew his name. I had seen him all over the first two rounds in mock drafts.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it an AAAAAA...lol

Naw. I guess if I were to give it a grade, it would be a B...B-

Favorite Pick:Byard
Least Favorite: Henry

Henry, I enjoy seeing his highlights running for 40-50 yards and such but overall, I don't feel easy about him as a pick.
I enjoy more of what he represents that him truly as a player.

I like the clear vision from Robinson and Murlakey. Even if we had similar visions in the past, this one just feels a lot more defined and clear. He said while other teams are in their nickel defense, we will try to get some bigger type guys on them. I like that approach. Build a team like you want and have them plan for you, instead of worrying what they are going to do..

A thought about Myles Jack hit me. I think it's the difference of a coach/staff knowing this is it vs other teams not willing to do it. We all know physicals and doctors will pass who they want.

Some teams aren't comfortable with that knee.

But like was said before, draft grades are "did you pick who I thought you should have picked."
Draft grades from these experts are useless. Same experts who thought Billings was an 1st rounder etc...

Some of the best picks are the ones that nobody knew would be great picks.

Go Titans.

#BringJalenHome
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B

I like our draft picks. Conklin and Lewan bookending could be fantastic. Our lines got some real meat and potato guys on both sides.

And all the boo-hooing about our newest Heisman Trophy winner lol. As the season plods on, we may be very thankful for this pick. It was our splash pick. Didn't we all want one of those?

Charley Casserly said Titans had the best overall draft. JRob found guys who are "team first" check-your-ego-at-the-door work pail warriors. This intangibles litmus test may help explain why we took certain players over other players who didn't score as high (ie Tunsil).

Ordering my Tertola jersey right now.

RECAP:
http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Titans-Discuss-the-Final-Day-of-the-2016-NFL-Draft/cbe25cdb-3439-46ae-beb6-38bd90c6f9df

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say a low B- , borderline C+

Here's why...

Conklin... I forget who I heard speak on it, but they made a lot of sense. He jus seems like an interior lineman to me. Of course I hope he pans out at RT, but I can't get over that.

I didn't like the Henry pick at first, but now after thinking on it.. 2 big capable backs. I loke the identity the Titans are developing.

I just dont like Alabama running backs and I just hate that we went RB with the 2nd pick.

I love the Reed kid. And I love the MTSU pick.

This could possibly be a sneaky excellent draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: