Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tommy Smith "Retiring"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Tommy Smith "Retiring" Reply with quote

Let the rumors continue. Wonder if the family wants to sell. Unless Bud's grandson is going to step up, that seems to be most likely.

Jim Wyatt:

Quote:
BREAKING: Tommy Smith is retiring as president and CEO of the #Titans

Would think that the potential sale rumors have a bit more to them now than we though previously. Let's hope Bud's grandson is next in line - actually lives in Nashville and went to school in Chattanooga (Sewanee).

Last edited by VY on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finnerception

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all put together our life savings and buy the team. Charge $20 for beers to make up for it quickly. Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that didn't last long Laughing

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to be sold, aren't we?
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see someone with ties to Nashville or at least the state of Tennessee take over if the team is in fact sold. I've always felt that has a better chance of success.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
I'd really like to see someone with ties to Nashville or at least the state of Tennessee take over if the team is in fact sold. I've always felt that has a better chance of success.

Agreed. And just to nip this in the bud, the team is not relocating, at least not anytime soon. The lease goes until at least 2028 at this point (unless any extension was agreed to with the recent improvement) per this article after Bud passed - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2013/10/21/tennessee-nashville-franchise-future-bud-kenneth-adams/3144525/.

There are certainly people in the state with money to step up, but who knows if they will. The FedEx guy was rumored once, but I imagine he's based in Memphis.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team isn't being sold. Just trying to find someone who can run things in Nashville. doing a job in Nashville
VY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Team isn't being sold. Just trying to find someone who can run things in Nashville. doing a job in Nashville

I don't think you can be so certain. They've at least explored the opportunity, it's not as if the reports last month came from the ether. Since Bud has passed, we've not once heard from an owner of the team. We've heard a little from their ordained representative - Tommy Smith - but nothing from Bud's two daughters or grandson, the three owners.

All I hope for is an owner that is local and invested in the community, I think that will go a long way to at least engaging the city and fans again.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I don't think you can be so certain. They've at least explored the opportunity, it's not as if the reports last month came from the ether. Since Bud has passed, we've not once heard from an owner of the team. We've heard a little from their ordained representative - Tommy Smith - but nothing from Bud's two daughters or grandson, the three owners.

All I hope for is an owner that is local and invested in the community, I think that will go a long way to at least engaging the city and fans again.

Oh let me clarify. Team not being moved.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Oh let me clarify. Team not being moved.

Gotcha, that's 100% certain. Can't see anyone wanting to by the team that desperately wanted to move it, but would have to wait 13 years to do so.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year and probably the worst season in Titans history. Solid run, Tommy boy. Laughing

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone get the Fed Ex guy on the phone stat. At least Jim Haslam didn't get his paws on the team.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it legal for a current player to buy the team? Haha.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are mistaking this news, I think. While it's not out of the realm of possibility for it to eventually happen, this does not mean he no longer owns the team(Well, he never actually did, Bud's daughter does, I believe), it means he's no longer the CEO of it. He still owns it, just no longer runs it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: