Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Off-Season Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: General Off-Season Discussion Reply with quote

Let's put any minor updates or thoughts on the off-season in here for now. I've seen a couple topics go up lately that don't really need a thread to themselves but do need a place to foster discussion. This is that place.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Farmer on the offensive line, which is set to return all five starters, including injured center Alex Mack, for the 2015 season: “I feel good that we’ve got a good nucleus of offensive linemen right now. How do we expand upon that and drive competition to where we force guys that are currently starters to fight for their spots as well as improve our depth?”

On the secondary, which ranked near the top in most pass defense categories: “I think we’ve got good young players who have talent and upside. I also think there’s a group of veterans and there’s a good mixture of young guys to grow that group and sustain it long-term.”

On the linebackers, who were productive despite a number of injuries: “I feel good about our linebackers with that same premise. We have old, young and in between that give us a chance to have success today, tomorrow and building toward the culture we want.”

Farmer was asked about what positions he feels good about.
I would tell you in totality I don't feel good about any of them. As a scout my natural inclination is everybody can be improved and everything upgraded. There's no reality in that but that's the world I live in.

My take he thinks our depth on off. line sucks. Wants to add competition and depth. Good luck on upgrading Thomas, Mack and Bitonio.

My take on def. backs he is pretty happy with them across the board. Maybe depends on resigning Skrine. I could see a safety added for depth.

On linebackers I think Farmer likes our i.l. backers better that most on here. Dansby is good, Robertson improved and Kirksey showed promise. O.L.B'S I think we get another. Maybe two if Sheard is gone.

I thought it was interesting. I thought he might be happy with our running backs but he did,nt mention them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this falls in the category of "general offseason discussion"...

More likely in the category of "completely insane...but what if..."

So the Broncos hire Kubiak to be their new head coach. He was hired because John Elway is smarter than everyone else and needed someone to do his bidding.

Kubiak runs a West Coast hybrid with zone blocking. The system requires a QB that can move and execute rollouts and bootlegs. His system is a horrible fit for Peyton Manning.

Kubiak is bringing in Rick Dennison to be the OC.

Adam Gase is out in Denver.

Adam Gase and Peyton Manning are BFF's.

The Browns need an OC and the Browns need a QB.

Peyton Manning likes Jimmy Haslam.

Peyton Manning likes Adam Gase.

Jimmy Haslam tells Peyton - "come play QB for a couple years in Cleveland - I will give you ownership and make you my football czar when you don't want to play anymore."

Peyton Manning tells John Elway - "trade me to Cleveland or I will pull a Kyle Orton and retire and go there anyway"

Browns hire Adam Gase. Pay him lots of money and he is happy (not as happy if he had actually taken a HC job like he should have last offseason...but happy with lots of money.)

Broncos trade Peyton Manning to Cleveland for draft picks. A 2015 2nd round pick and a conditional 2016 pick. The 2016 pick is anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th.

Browns get Peyton Manning and Adam Gase for 2015 and 2016.

As completely insane as this sounds...
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwbrownsfan wrote:
Not sure if this falls in the category of "general offseason discussion"...

More likely in the category of "completely insane...but what if..."

So the Broncos hire Kubiak to be their new head coach. He was hired because John Elway is smarter than everyone else and needed someone to do his bidding.

Kubiak runs a West Coast hybrid with zone blocking. The system requires a QB that can move and execute rollouts and bootlegs. His system is a horrible fit for Peyton Manning.

Kubiak is bringing in Rick Dennison to be the OC.

Adam Gase is out in Denver.

Adam Gase and Peyton Manning are BFF's.

The Browns need an OC and the Browns need a QB.

Peyton Manning likes Jimmy Haslam.

Peyton Manning likes Adam Gase.

Jimmy Haslam tells Peyton - "come play QB for a couple years in Cleveland - I will give you ownership and make you my football czar when you don't want to play anymore."

Peyton Manning tells John Elway - "trade me to Cleveland or I will pull a Kyle Orton and retire and go there anyway"

Browns hire Adam Gase. Pay him lots of money and he is happy (not as happy if he had actually taken a HC job like he should have last offseason...but happy with lots of money.)

Broncos trade Peyton Manning to Cleveland for draft picks. A 2015 2nd round pick and a conditional 2016 pick. The 2016 pick is anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th.

Browns get Peyton Manning and Adam Gase for 2015 and 2016.

As completely insane as this sounds...

If the Broncos are finding some way to send us a time machine to take Manning back to 2005 (or even 2010) I'd be all for it. I'm not too keen on giving up picks on a guy who may pull a 2013 Kyle Orton to get here, and may be forced to pull a 2014 Kyle Orton after 2015.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#GETWELLERICBERRY! Adopt a Brownie 2015: Well, it sure as heck ain't Josh Gordon.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do this in a heartbeat regardless of Peyton Manning's age. If I was the owner of this team, I would do whatever it took to have him involved in the organization especially after he hangs up his cleats. If he wants to coach, I would make him coach, if he wants to run football operations, I would give it to him, if he wants to be GM, I would probably send Farmer packing. Manning is the most knowledgeable guy in football save maybe Bill Belichick. Manning is a guy who is going to be a success in whatever he does, and if you can put him in a position to have a major influence on your organization, you do it.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Peyton. Hell I'll take Peyton from the last half of the season. Would still be the best we've had in 16 years.

Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Farmer on the offensive line, which is set to return all five starters, including injured center Alex Mack, for the 2015 season: “I feel good that we’ve got a good nucleus of offensive linemen right now. How do we expand upon that and drive competition to where we force guys that are currently starters to fight for their spots as well as improve our depth?”

On the secondary, which ranked near the top in most pass defense categories: “I think we’ve got good young players who have talent and upside. I also think there’s a group of veterans and there’s a good mixture of young guys to grow that group and sustain it long-term.”

On the linebackers, who were productive despite a number of injuries: “I feel good about our linebackers with that same premise. We have old, young and in between that give us a chance to have success today, tomorrow and building toward the culture we want.”

Farmer was asked about what positions he feels good about.
I would tell you in totality I don't feel good about any of them. As a scout my natural inclination is everybody can be improved and everything upgraded. There's no reality in that but that's the world I live in.

My take he thinks our depth on off. line sucks. Wants to add competition and depth. Good luck on upgrading Thomas, Mack and Bitonio.

My take on def. backs he is pretty happy with them across the board. Maybe depends on resigning Skrine. I could see a safety added for depth.

On linebackers I think Farmer likes our i.l. backers better that most on here. Dansby is good, Robertson improved and Kirksey showed promise. O.L.B'S I think we get another. Maybe two if Sheard is gone.

I thought it was interesting. I thought he might be happy with our running backs but he did,nt mention them.

Fix the right side of the line, get Mack back and we will be able to run on anyone.
mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So MKC is tweeting we may be in the running to poach OC Tom Clements from the Packers for the OC vacancy... Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to Free Agency, I think it is important to address the offensive side of the ball with 1. Bulaga RT/LT, 2. Shorts WR, 3. QB of the new OC choice who is veteran, and then decide about out free agents who want to stay and play....if we lose some players, mayber another FA

In regards to draft, priority is 1. LDE, 2.Melvin Gordon, 3. Speed LB, 4. DT, 5.WR, and 6. TE

Browns must change philosophy of WR, TE, and backs as ALL must be ballers and BLOCK.....let us get 6'5"studs who like to block and can go get the ball....with an aggressive blocking wr/te/fb, it opens up play action and zone defense with big seams to throw

Browns must build their D in the draft with dominant pass rusher at LDE and find the right DT.

QB decision cannot be made without OC and QB coach.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
So MKC is tweeting we may be in the running to poach OC Tom Clements from the Packers for the OC vacancy... Thoughts?

With Oakland passing on Trestman it seems like we have our pick now. From what I've read the Browns have 3 or 4 OCs that they are sitting at a round table discussing. We will have our pick from several. Hopefully they make the right choice...

FourThreeMafia wrote:
i whine about almost everything on the Internet

2015 FFMD Browns Director of Player Personnel
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not always the big splash that wins for you, sometimes it'd the little under the radar moves that give teams a boost. I would like to see what ya'll think of 2 small moves I'd like to see this offseason.

1. Sign Mel Tucker as some kind of Defensive consultant or DB coach. He does wonders with every DB he has coached for years and years. Gilbert, Williams and Desir could make huge leaps under his tutelage and Gip/Haden could get that much better.

2. Sign Pittsburgh Steelers FB Will Johnson to an offer sheet and try to snag another good one from a rival the same way we got Hawkins. He is would instantly improve our run game and with Mack healthy we could be averaging 5 yards a pop making almost any QB a threat to win.

Opinions?

Jamison on the sig
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
It's not always the big splash that wins for you, sometimes it'd the little under the radar moves that give teams a boost. I would like to see what ya'll think of 2 small moves I'd like to see this offseason.

1. Sign Mel Tucker as some kind of Defensive consultant or DB coach. He does wonders with every DB he has coached for years and years. Gilbert, Williams and Desir could make huge leaps under his tutelage and Gip/Haden could get that much better.

2. Sign Pittsburgh Steelers FB Will Johnson to an offer sheet and try to snag another good one from a rival the same way we got Hawkins. He is would instantly improve our run game and with Mack healthy we could be averaging 5 yards a pop making almost any QB a threat to win.

Opinions?

I like Tucker, have for a while, but why do we need him? 75% of our starting secondary is in the Pro Bowl.

As far as Williams, I thought he looked good all year. Desir came around and considering he was playing at Lindenwhateverthehell last year, I thought he caught up pretty quick. Gilbert doesn't really needed a football coach as much as he does a professional attitude and work ethic, he's got the goods.

I don't think a FB does much of anything.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Reed of Cle. plain dealer reports Devin Smith told him he talked to the Browns.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Tom Reed of Cle. plain dealer reports Devin Smith told him he talked to the Browns.

Pray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns met with Danny Shelton n.t. wash. and La'el Collins o.t./ o.g. of l.s.u. Yesterday at the senior bowl. Shelton got interviewd by quite a few teams.

Walter's football has posted a 4 round mock that I will post in the mock draft thread.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: