Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The No.2 position we need

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigben7-90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: The No.2 position we need Reply with quote

the second position i think we must concentrate on is tight end i mean, come on, no offense to tuman, or riemersma, but we need some big ppl and some ppl with skill, tell me how ya feel hola Laughing
azazaz7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that we need a TE. TE's don't fit in the Steelers scheme other than to run block. Riemersma will be cut but Tuman and Matt Kranchick are decent players.

I do agree that the Steelers need to try something new passing the ball though. If Burress leaves I think Vincent Jackson would be a very good replacement if he's given a year to settle in. I'd like to see the Steelers try a 5 WR set next year on occasion. The O-Line is very good and Roethlisberger has good mobility so protection won't be a major problem. I don't think there's a backfield in the country who could cope with Ward, Randle El and Mays running crossing patterns and Jackson and Cobb going deep. 5 WRs worked in 1995 (Thigpen, Small, Hastings, Johnson, Stewart I think) so why not in 2005?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: