Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FINAL MOCK B4 THE DRAFT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: FINAL MOCK B4 THE DRAFT. Reply with quote

I was going to go all in depth detail but didnt have the time.

Ravens trade pick 17 to San Francisco for picks 56 & 61

Pick 48 - Jimmie Ward - S - Northern Illinois
Pick 56 Joel Bitonio OG/OT - Nevada
Pick 61 - Jordan Matthews WR - Vanderbilt
Pick 78 - Dominique Easley DT - Florida
Pick 99 (comp) Terrance Mitchell - CB - Oregon
Pick 134 (comp) Terrance West - RB - Towson
Pick 138 (comp) Arthur Lynch - TE - Georgia
Pick 175 (comp) Brandon Thomas - OG - Clemson
Pick 194 Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech

Sorry its short and sweet. My boss had the nerve to ask me to do some work.

feel free to tell me what you think about the draft tho.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems really optimistic. I don't think some of those guys will be options at those slots. I think Matthews will probably be a first round pick, but 0 chance he makes it out of the top 50.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade down doesn't get enough value back. To even it out, we'd need to get their 1st and 2nd (#56), or trade our 1st and 6th for both their 2nds and both their 3rds.

I agree with wackwabbit, quite a few of the picks are optimistic, and by giving away a mid 1st for only two late 2nds, it doesn't feel like we would be able to acquire that much talent. The players themselves are more than fine, but I just can't see us getting fleeced that badly in a trade and still being able to get the players you have us draft being possible.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... a little optimistic. I think it's possible for Ward to be available at pick #46 though... and since I doubt we get completely fleeced in the trade and assuming you correct the trade parameters, we'd end up with their 30th pick instead of two late 2nd rounders... thus the 30th pick could be used for Bitonio. Which fixes that problem.

I doubt Terrance West falls to that comp pick... but that is the hope. I'm not familiar with Terrance Mitchell tbqh. I doubt Easley falls to our 3rd (which is the 79th selection)... his current stock appears to be as a 2nd round pick.

Brandon Thomas could fall to the 5th... though I doubt he makes it to the comp 5th. It'd be a good pick though. I like Lynch in the 4th as a blocking TE. And Logan Thomas, I like, but I honestly think his potential gets him drafted a round earlier tbqh.

wackywabbit wrote:
It seems really optimistic. I don't think some of those guys will be options at those slots. I think Matthews will probably be a first round pick, but 0 chance he makes it out of the top 50.

While I think Jordan Matthews SHOULD be a first round pick and I personally like him more than any receiver in this draft class outside of MAYBE Mike Evans... He's consistently being mocked in the late 2nd round. He's consistently listed below 50/60 in many of the prospect rankings from expert analysts... and with it getting closer to the draft usually they're getting more and more tips from "inside sources" and there mocks get more accurate. So for him to be so low at this point in the process while other WRs are rising, it can only mean that Matthews isn't as highly regarded by teams as he is on this site... or that it's a league wide smokescreen to get him to fall.

So while I doubt he makes it to 61... because he'd be a great fit for the Panthers... I do think it's very possible that he falls past pick 50. If we can secure the 49ers 56th pick in the trade down as opposed to their 61st (like in my mock) then I'd be pretty comfortable with our chances to get Matthews at that pick based on current information.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

While I think Jordan Matthews SHOULD be a first round pick and I personally like him more than any receiver in this draft class outside of MAYBE Mike Evans... He's consistently being mocked in the late 2nd round. He's consistently listed below 50/60 in many of the prospect rankings from expert analysts... and with it getting closer to the draft usually they're getting more and more tips from "inside sources" and there mocks get more accurate. So for him to be so low at this point in the process while other WRs are rising, it can only mean that Matthews isn't as highly regarded by teams as he is on this site... or that it's a league wide smokescreen to get him to fall.

So while I doubt he makes it to 61... because he'd be a great fit for the Panthers... I do think it's very possible that he falls past pick 50. If we can secure the 49ers 56th pick in the trade down as opposed to their 61st (like in my mock) then I'd be pretty comfortable with our chances to get Matthews at that pick based on current information.

I'm going to guarantee that it won't happen. See sig Cool
r_sayle

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wacky u will rue that decision. Laughing
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade is terribad.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitonio is going to be a late first, EARLY second round pick. No way he last til 56. Matthews is 50/50 on being there at 61. Easley is going to be gone for sure at 78. No way Terrance West last that long. Brandon Thomas is going to go in the 3rd, early 4th.

Most the picks seem to be fan friendly, I see everyone I mentioned above gone before you have us selecting them.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: