You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

COWPOKES III: THE VOTE CONTINUES
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the Cowboy Forum Sheriff?
TSSS
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
The_Slamman
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
S.A.
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: COWPOKES III: THE VOTE CONTINUES Reply with quote

Cowboy Fans, we will be kicking off the 2008 season with the 3rd annual Cowpoke Awards. The 2008 Cowpokes will be held on July 14 @ 9:00 EST. Here is my promise to you... the 2008 Awards are bigger and better than ever. Due to the shear voting turn out last year, Cowpokes voting will be a little different. This year, the forum, past winners, and forum Mods will each play a special role similar to the NFL Pro Bowl balloting and voting.

Please select 1 nominee from each category and PM your vote to S.A.cowboyfan. It's that simple. Also, similar to FF MVP voting, if you don't vote, you can't win. So everybody, please get out your butterfly ballots and let S.A.cowboyfan know whose your vote. VOTING WILL END ON JULY 7, 2008.

Good luck to all of the nominees.

Here is the official list of Cowpoke Awards:

THE SHERIFF AWARD- Forum MVP

The Sheriff is Tom Landry and Wyatt Earp all rolled up into one. Some would say he runs this town. The youngins sing his praises the outlaws cower from his confrontations. He is the most respected Cowboy in this big town. Makes the Pale Rider seem like lone tumbleweed. Make sure to tip your hat, partner.

The Sheriff Award Nominees

1. TSSS
2. SA
3. The_Slamman
4. Matts
5. Textaz03
6. NYFDB
7. Mav41
8. Plan9
9. htfryar
10. T_O7

THE COWPIE AWARD- Most remembered banned member

Things ainít quite the same since this knucklehead ignominiously left the forum. Against his own will and kickin and screamin out the door, this poster made sure to show his ASSets at every turn of the barrel. What banned member is most deserving of a commemorative sig?

The Cowpie Award Nominees

1. TheBlowmanBody
2. The_Prophet
3. Bowphet*
4. SoonerCowboy aka Firestar Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink
5. Ratman aka The_Rat
6. AJ Hawk aka Author of greatest post ever
7. Bad2theBone aka Dumb2theBone**

* For those of you who still consider Bowman and Prophet to be the same person

**Technically not a Cowboy fan but posted in here more than the Redskin forum

THE BLAZING SADDLE AWARD - funniest poster

This rip roarin' poster always keeps you in stitches. This Cowboy is one everyone wants to sit next to at the bar, especially seein' as how he know all the tricks of the trade to getting free drinks. Despite his friendly demeanor though, he ain't afraid to roll up his sleeves when a brawl breaks out. There may not be anyone better to have at your back in enemy terrain.

The Blazing Saddle Award Nominees

1. Matts
2. The_slamman
3. IBLEEDBLUE
4. Plan9
5. CowboyMojo
6. SA
7. Dallasfan1313
8. Maddhatter
9. randyr
10. jonkelly69
11. PM88

THE LONE STAR AWARD- Best, most consistent veteran poster

While not The Sheriff, this old bard has been around since as far back as most remember yet he can still rope up a post with the best of them. He's forgotten more about the forums than most know, and his speed and skill are as a sharp as ever. Though some are not sure what to think of him, most consider him the town legend in many ways.

The Lone Star Award Nominees

1. NYFDB
2. The_Slamman
3. SA
4. TSSS
5. htfryar
6. Mav41
7. PM88
8. Plan9
9. randyr
10. Matts
11. T_O7
12. Textaz

THE GREENHORN AWARD- Best new poster who joined the forum after the 2007 Cowpokes

He may not have been around for long but when this young lad has something to say, everyone listens. He's eager and willing to get into a gunfight because he knows his stuff, but he'll back it up like a veteran gunslinger with respect for the law, accuracy, and intellect.

Greenhorn Award Nominees
1. buddy_z34
2. Dallas94Ware
3. Bigdaddy237
4. docknock
5. Dirk Diggler Gently
6. SLCdallasfan
7. LoneRanger90
8. St. Dallas
9. BurtD
10. Flying Monkey

THE MARKSMAN AWARD- Someone who always has the facts.

Certainly, some guys are right some of the time and others hardly ever wrong. This gunman is a bit different, his scope is straight and he can take down a fly off a cowís back from a thousand yards. You get into a tussle with him and you better stay low and watch the horizon as it is guaranteed he will shoot you down with hard-nosed fact. If you pick one Cowboy to shoot down any enemy, heís your ďhuckleberry.Ē Are you really ready for this fight?

Marksman Award Nominees
1. AdamTJ13
2. Dallas94Ware
3. Plan9
4. SA
5. T-O7
6. Matts
7. Maddhatter
8. B2TB
9. Primetime21
10. The_Slamman

THE OUTLAW AWARD- The person most willing to play devils advocate.

This man is simply known as the outlaw because any argument you make, you can expect him to play devilís advocate. Whether he believes it or not himself, he enjoys twisting the facts and your mind it the process. When he is done, some say you will hear an evil laugh in the wind if you listen closely enough.

The Outlaw Award Nominees
1. GeorgiaBoy367
2. Mav41
3. The_Slamman
4. PM88
5. Buddy_z34
6. NYFDB
7. htfryar
8. jonkelly69
9. LoneRanger90
10. Plan9

THE JESSE JAMES AWARD- Poster who is sometimes a villain, sometimes a hero

Jesse James was the Robin Hood of the 19th century, robbin from the rich and sharin with the poor. Is he a villain? Yes. Is he a hero? Yes. No one really knows where this renegade will stand until he makes it clear. Unpredictable yet armed with reason and fact, he may swoop in at any time to take the winds out of the sails of anyone elseís post. It's enough to expect an ambush at any time with this poster around. Might just be the best train-robber around because heís well armed and unpredictable. Tip your hat to this Desperado, but keep one hand on your wallet.

Jesse James Award Nominees
1. Mav41
2. JonKelly69
3. Thisnamesucks
4. GerneralDissary
5. MM07
6. PM88
7. Calvert
8. NYFDB
9. Plan9
10. TMX Cowboy

THE REGULATOR AWARD- Respected poster who makes his point but still keeps the peace

No need to worry if the sheriff ain't around. Hereís a man who likes things nice and tidy in the ol' west. He is always willing to jump into the fray and make things right. Perhaps an outlaw at heart, but a law dog because it's just what the job calls for and he has a great sense of duty.

Regulator Award Nominees

1. MightyMouse07
2. T_O7
3. Matts
4. SA
5. TSSS
6. Textaz
7. The_Slamman
8. Sniderboys23
9. B2TB
10. Roysmyboy31
11. PM88
12. Maddhatter

THE ROWDY AWARD- Someone who will defend the Boys at all cost.

Here is a cowboy with deep beliefs and no one will change his mind. He will stand on his honor and fights it out for what he believes is right regardless of the fact that no one else is on his side. He's more than willing to go it alone and camp under the stars without shelter or aid from anyone else. He needs just his beliefs and his smarts to get through. The only home this homer needs is valley ranch.

The Rowdy Award Nominees

1. Pierrepet
2. DalCowboyzRule
3. Maddhatter
4. Calvert
5. JonKelley69
6. NYFDB
7. Mav41
8. IBLEEDBLUE
9. The_Slamman
10. TMXCowboy

THE UNDERTAKER AWARD- Most underrated poster

Some jobs are thankless and, no doubt, this gentleman doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves. Without him though, these dusty streets would not be the same. He's the mortician of the town. He works hard, but like Cowboy hero, Lynn Scott, goes about it unassuming and unseen for the most part.

The Undertaker Award Nominees

1. Ware94
2. Calvert
3. thisnamesucks
4. Dallasfan1313
5. Lone Ranger90
6. AC62
7. CowboyMojo
8. bigdaddy237
9. Shadow Walker
10. thesickness
11. theboyzandtheu
12. soup nazi
13. Ace5

THE MIGHTY SIG BANDIT AWARD- Best Sig Maker in the Forum

This poster ainít just a great poster, but he also makes the sweetest sigs the forum has ever seen. Pay your respects to this poster, you never know when youíre gunna need him. If you finally win a sig bet against an obnoxious rival fan, The Mighty Sig Bandit is the hombre youíre gunna call.

Mighty Sig Bandit Award Nominees

1. Sickness
2. SkinsfanLA
3. bigdaddy237
4. AC62
5. Dawg24
6. Plaskik06

THE DALLAS COWBOY IDOL- Best performance by Dallas Cowboy Player

Whether itís his own style, killer ability, or something you canít define, this Dallas Cowboy player has special skills beyond the football field. The night of the Cowpokes, you will have a chance to vote for the Dallas Cowboy Idol.

Unlike years past, this year, you are free to give your opinions as to who should win each award.* In fact, it is an important part of the process.

*Please keep it positive

Good luck to everybody. Let the fun begin...[/b]

Last edited by The_Slamman on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:29 am; edited 13 times in total
ware94

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Things ainít quite the same since this knucklehead ignominiously left the forum. Against his own will and kickin and screamin out the door, this poster made sure to show his ASSets at every turn of the barrel. What banned member is most deserving of a commemorative sig?

I bet this goes to two people....but not two different people... Wink
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm do we just post them here or send them PM style?
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

Post your thoughts here. It will be used to create a list of nominees. Once the list of nominees have been narrowed down, you will vote via PM for the winner. This is an open discussion to help create nominees for each award. Hopefully, this is clear now if I did not explain it well before.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL COWPOKES III 2008 THREAD Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Here is a cowboy with deep beliefs and no one will change his mind. He will stand on his honor and fights it out for what he believes is right regardless of the fact that no one else is on his side. He's more than willing to go it alone and camp under the stars without shelter or aid from anyone else. He needs just his beliefs and his smarts to get through. The only home this homer needs is valley ranch.

How is that not me? Im probably the biggest homer out there Wink
I wear my #82 Witten jersey like twice a week, knowing that half the people in my classes hate the Cowboys and think they suck. I heard so many 5-11, 8-8 predictions thrown at me yet I correctly predicted 13-3. There's an argument concerning a Cowboys player vs another teams player I will always stand up for the Cowboys player. TO or Moss. TO. Romo or Brady. ROMO. Ware or Merriman. D-WARE ALL THE WAY!!!. Witten or Gates. #82. Bradie James or Urlacher. Give me James 365 days of the year.

Ok, im done...time to go to bed Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

Post your thoughts here. It will be used to create a list of nominees. Once the list of nominees have been narrowed down, you will vote via PM for the winner. This is an open discussion to help create nominees for each award. Hopefully, this is clear now if I did not explain it well before.

OK, I am thoroughly confused LOL

Are we supposed to straight nominate people in this thread, or just talk about people in general who may fit the award?

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
thisnamesucks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i nominate myself for all of them. lets be honest, i deserve them, i'm insanely awesome.

now onto a less serious note. unless the Rowdy Award is supposed to encompass this, i think there needs to be a "super homer" award of some kind. seriously, defending the boys, even at all costs, is one thing, but blatant homerism is completely different.

i.e. i remember a certain poster who labeled both Kosier and Davis as top 5 guards......that's more than simply defending his team.

member#1877
Ware:
Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're just supposed to talk about who would be good for an award so Slam can get a list of nominees for each. It'll probably work out better this way than past years when votes have been all over the place.

There are alot more awards this year than in the past. Problem is I can think of a couple of guys for each award.

THE SHERIFF AWARD TSSS, SA, Slam or Matts.

THE COWPIE AWARD Bowphet, Soonerstar and Ratman three way tie.

THE BLAZING SADDLE AWARD Matts, IBB, Slam

THE LONE STAR AWARD NYFDB

THE GREENHORN AWARD I think buddy_z34 should be able to be nominated even though he joined Dec 21, 2007. For me its between him and Dallas94Ware.

THE MARKSMAN AWARD ADAMTJ13

THE OUTLAW AWARD Plan9.

THE JESSE JAMES AWARD Mav41 to a tee

THE REGULATOR AWARD Texas_Outlaw7

THE ROWDY AWARD Madhatter or Calvert

THE MIGHTY SIG BANDIT AWARD thesickness89 I know theres a few on here that carry his sigs with pride.

THE UNDERTAKER AWARD Me Laughing

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.

Last edited by Dallasfan1313 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

OK, I am thoroughly confused LOL

Are we supposed to straight nominate people in this thread, or just talk about people in general who may fit the award?

Right now, we are just talking about people in general who may fit each award. The actual nominationn process will come soon enough. This discussion now will eventually help in the nomination process.

Dallasfan1313 wrote:
I think we're just supposed to talk about who would be good for an award so Slam can get a list of nominees for each. It'll probably work out better this way than past years when votes have been all over the place.

BINGO. But, it won't be me who creates the list of nominees. Wink

Last edited by The_Slamman on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thisnamesucks wrote:
i nominate myself for all of them. lets be honest, i deserve them, i'm insanely awesome.

now onto a less serious note. unless the Rowdy Award is supposed to encompass this, i think there needs to be a "super homer" award of some kind. seriously, defending the boys, even at all costs, is one thing, but blatant homerism is completely different.

i.e. i remember a certain poster who labeled both Kosier and Davis as top 5 guards......that's more than simply defending his team.

Remember that we are trying to keep the discussion positive, but the Rowdy Award could theoretically encompass super homerism as well.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL COWPOKES III 2008 THREAD Reply with quote

[quote="The_Slamman"]Cowboy Fans, we will be kicking off the 2008 season with the 3rd annual Cowpoke Awards. The 2008 Cowpokes will be held on July 14 @ 9:00 EST. Here is my promise to you... the 2008 Awards are bigger and better than ever. Due to the shear voting turn out last year, Cowpokes voting will be a little different. This year, the forum, past winners, and forum Mods will each play a special role similar to the NFL Pro Bowl balloting and voting. More details will come shortly.

Here is the official list of Cowpoke Awards:

Hmm...lots of people could be this. Still, Slam and TSSS first popped in my head

Bowphet. Case closed.

THE BLAZING SADDLE AWARD- funniest poster

This one is hard. I would say Slam or IBB or Plan.

Hmm...like...uh...Slam, SA or TSSS, I suppose.

THE GREENHORN AWARD- Best new poster who joined forum in 2008

Dallas94Ware is the only new Cowboys poster I know of, so I think he wins this award by default.

Facts? Adam. Case closed.

Slam, easy.

Hmm...I have no idea who this should be.

THE REGULATOR AWARD- Respected poster who makes his point but still keeps the peace

Texas_OutLaw7

this would have
been soonercowboy!!!!!!!

But now I don't know.

Underrated here or on the whole forum?

Sickness (I'm not sure if he still makes, though)

THE DALLAS COWBOY IDOL- Best performance by Dallas Cowboy Player

Terrell Owens changes our team more than anyone else. I think if Romo goes down, it would hurt, but I think if Owens went down we would struggle to score 10 points a game.

bossvegas wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does the giant game of frat boy bread you guys play after the award show start? I want to make sure I have left by them. Have fun patting yourselves on the back gentleman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w&index=2&list=FLJsH-wzQLZyZhl7jGeqJyFw
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, GB, go spew your complaints in a place where no one can hear you.

You dump on everything and your bitching gets pretty old.

bossvegas wrote:
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several members that I'm strongly considering for this award. SA, TSSS, Textaz are always good possibilities because of their dual roles as mods and great contributors. Honestly, were would this forum be without Matts? Let's not forget that he created 12 of the 16 Pacman Jones threads. That was Awesome. Plan9 is clearly deserving. And, I have 2 dark horse candidates this year as well... NYFDB and Mav41. This is going to be a tough decision to narrow it down to just one.

Frankly, I'm shocked that Sooner aka Firestar and The_Rat aka Ratman are not getting more consideration here. I mean Bowphet accepted their ban like men and went off to terrorize another forum. Sooner and Rat created alter egos to get back into the forum. Now, that's dedication. And, for those of you who don't know... Rat was actually dumb enough to sign the cowboys forum guestbook twice (the second time after he was banned). If you don't believe me, check it these 2 links...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43566&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75 (2nd post on the page)

and

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43566&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180 (6th post on the page)

EDIT*

I apologize for unfairly omitting AJ Hawk. For those of you who weren't around for AJ Hawk, you will simply have to take my word that he was a forum legand. AJ was ultimately banned for repeated cussing episodes. While his time with us was short, he is responsible for one of the greatest threads in forum history (Julius Jones needs to get fatter).

THE BLAZING SADDLE AWARD- funniest poster

This one could easily go to about 5 posters: Matts, Mojo, GB367, SA, and Dallasfan1313.

2 keys words: "best" and "consistent." 3 key names: htfryer, NYFDB, and Mav41. My darkhorse for the award AC62. Also, everybody needs to take notice that by definition Lone Ranger and Calvert are now veteran posters. This has got to be the tightest category of all.

THE GREENHORN AWARD- Best new poster who joined forum in 2008

We have several absolute stud new posters: Dallas94Ware, Bigdaddy237, and docknock (he may get my vote if for no other reason that his interaction with Sooner).

Adam (I just wish he posted more), Dallas94Ware, Plan9, SA and T_O7 all come to mind.

GB367, Plan9, Mav41, PM88 all come to mind.

Who on this forum is more unpredictable than Mav41? JK69 and thisnamesucks also comes to mind.

We could also rename this the T_O7 Award but that might be a little to obvious. Matts and mightymouse are also deserving. And, I also gotta give some love to docknock here (again great work with sooner and the best part was that sooner got so angry because docknock kept his cool).

After careful consideration, I would probably nominate Pierrepet here... if for no other reason, his support for drafting Anthony Fason over Marcus McNeil probably tips the scale in his favor.

Mojo, AC62, Dallasfan1313, sickness, Calvery, Lone Ranger and a couple of the newbies (Dallas94Ware and Bigdaddy237) are all underrated posters. Another extremely tough call.

Sickness is the early favorite. AC62 and mightymouse both deserve consideration.

Last edited by The_Slamman on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:43 am; edited 5 times in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Seriously, GB, go spew your complaints in a place where no one can hear you.

You dump on everything and your bitching gets pretty old.

Mav, trust me, I know GB367. He is just doing his best to get nominated for the Outlaw Award. Somebody eventually has to take Plan9 down. GB367 is just announcing his early candidacy. Good luck, GB.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: