Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Notes 8/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Training Camp Notes 8/17 Reply with quote

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/50404/
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groce or Bartell as the #2 CB...please don't make me choose Sad There's gotta be someone we can trade for.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Akron Zips
2105 yards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aheineken wrote:
Groce or Bartell as the #2 CB...please don't make me choose Sad There's gotta be someone we can trade for.

That's what I was kinda hoping for...who's looking for a job???...there has to be a veteran that can come in and help solidify this spot or else Warner and Hasselbeck will be licking their chops working on such inexperienced corners...I'm sure there will be one more round of cuts so maybe they can grab someone.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im wondering if there is a bigger name corner that we can work a deal with in a trade. i doubt we can but if it was possible we should definately do it. If i was mikemartz right now id be calling every franchise in the business.
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIkeMartZisMyIDLE wrote:
im wondering if there is a bigger name corner that we can work a deal with in a trade. i doubt we can but if it was possible we should definately do it. If i was mikemartz right now id be calling every franchise in the business.

Martz needs to concentrate on getting the guys he's got ready to play, but I agree that the front office needs to be calling around trying to set something up. They should've jumped on Surtain during FA when all the Phins wanted was a 3rd rounder. We could've just given them thier 3rd back, and the trade would've basically been Gordon for Surtain.
Akron Zips
2105 yards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aheineken wrote:
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE wrote:

Martz needs to concentrate on getting the guys he's got ready to play, but I agree that the front office needs to be calling around trying to set something up. They should've jumped on Surtain during FA when all the Phins wanted was a 3rd rounder. We could've just given them thier 3rd back, and the trade would've basically been Gordon for Surtain.

Wouldn't that have been a nice deal.
Halradio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are any big name DB left in free agency right now and besides a little late in the game be bringing someone in and expect them to start.

I can't blame the Rams for not grabbing a big name corner at the start of free agency. Starters at corner weren't an issue until just a few days ago.

What boggles the mind though is that blown first diagnosis on Butler's knee.

If the medical staff would have gotten it right the first time, the Rams have time to bring someone in at the starting of camp. And I bet Anderson would still be on the team.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if they broguht some1 in they wouldnt be expected to start on the opener. they would bring some1 in that they know would be startring and put him in when hes got enoghu knowledge of the defnese
aheineken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had been properly diagnosed the first time, they would've had a chance to possibly beat the Jets offer for Ty Law and bring him in.
Akron Zips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: