Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What will you do if you win?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mission27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

Please complete the following survey:

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning?
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool?
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness?
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die?
5) What is the first thing you will buy?
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money?
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner?
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future?
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF?
10) Will you become a Yankees fan?

"The most popular answer was a tie between Shabazz Napier and Martin Luther King Jr." - mission
#Conditioning
#JDI
Redox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? LOLno
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? NO
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? Smug
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? Zero
5) What is the first thing you will buy? Property
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? Not to spend.
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? Eve Hewson
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? n/a
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? Become Webmaster? Tempting.
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? NO
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? YES
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? NO. AS OF YET. BUT I DO PLAN ON GIVING MONEY TO RELATIVES REGARDLESS OF ANY POOL. ALSO CHARITY.
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? AUTO/QP
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? NONE
5) What is the first thing you will buy? HOUSE
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? STOCKS
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? NOT INTERESTED IN THAT
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? PROBABLY NOT
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? NO
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? NO

Mack on the sig
mission27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

Here are the correct answers:

1) Yes but I will be smugly strutting. Although how is that different from any day?
2) We'll see.
3) Automatic smugness, ie iRombot, is always the way to go.
4) Realistically I wont have long. So yes.
5) There is some artwork I have my eye on.
6) Most of it will go to taxes. Then I will spend the rest starting a business that provides smugness consultations to celebrities and politicians.
7) This is a difficult question. Probably Kacey Musgraves because I hate her boyfriend and it would make TLO very steamed.
Cool I have a very well developed tipping system that you can read up on here and would continue to use it.
9. Would I ever.
10. Yes.

"The most popular answer was a tie between Shabazz Napier and Martin Luther King Jr." - mission
#Conditioning
#JDI
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

- Yes. I won't even cash the ticket until some attention dies down and until I have all of my ducks in a row about what I'm doing with it.

2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool?

- No, I buy my own stuff.

3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness?

- Automatic.

- 0%. Too smart for that.

- Probably a white monster. Like I said, I won't do anything until I know exactly where every last penny is going at least initially.

- If it's $700m, I'd invest $600m with $100m of that easily accessible should I need it and keep $100m for spending.

- None. They have their own money.

Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future?

- Yes, I'd give much larger tips. Like, extraordinarily larger depending on the service. Though if it's a schmuck, they're still getting 18%. Nice to me? 18000%.

- No, Webby doesn't deserve it.

- Nope.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

Yes but not to actually work.

Certain family members will get their house paid for.

The latter.

Virtually zero, compound interest FTW

A high-end.. friend (or three). First big time purchase would be some land/property.

I'll get an accountant.

None?

I hate tipping. inb4 Reservoir Dogs youtube link.

Yes, $69

Baseball is an awful sport, no.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? Not a chance
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? Yes, my 5 roommates.
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? automatic all day
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? 28% I might get tired of being rich.
5) What is the first thing you will buy? financial advisor
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? Buy a sports franchise or seek to create an ownership group to buy an NFL team.
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? Kehlani
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? I barely tip and only for good service but will do the same
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? No Doubt
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? Giants are my team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never buy a ticket, but if I found one on the side of the street...

Yes, it would take at least a few weeks to get a lawyer and financial advisor lined up, and I wouldn't leave my workmates hanging. I would give my 2-weeks notice and get everything finished up.

I would give $10M or so to my parents, brother and in-laws (if they would take it).

I would die with more than what I won.

A lawyer.

I would invest 80% of it and donate 19%. Keep 1% for spending.

None. The only people I want want to meet wouldn't be impressed by money.

Yes. I shall rule with an iron fist.

Teddy Bridgewater on football inflation:
“It doesn’t matter what they give me to play with. Whether it’s a baseball, a rock, a Frisbee, I’ll just go out and play.”
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? --- No, but I'm not scheduled to work Thusday anyway. I would quit though.
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? --- No
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? --- Automated numbers
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? --- Very low, since I would put most of the money into long term investments.
5) What is the first thing you will buy? --- A better parking pass so I don't have to work in the cold for 10 minutes to get to my classes Laughing
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? --- Pay off my school loans/tuition and my brothers school loans/tuition
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? --- All of them
8) Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? --- I already tip really generously, so maybe?
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? --- hmmmmm...I wonder what Webby's asking price would be?
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? --- Hell nah

"The first step in teaching is making the student aware - then guidance through awareness builds confidence and mastery"
- Dan Pfaff

R.I.P. Stylish
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? No, I will be visiting friends and family announcing it.
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? No
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? Auto
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? Low
5) What is the first thing you will buy? An attorney's services
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? Buy an MLS team for something to do
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? double-date w/ Aaron and Olivia
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? Yes, of course
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? No
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? Only if I buy them instead
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? - Yes, because I like working.

2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? I'd give my family some, but not splitting it.

3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? Auto

4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? 0%

5) What is the first thing you will buy? Pay off my college debt, and my car. probably pay off my girlfriends car as well. (i have on semester left so i might as well finish college)

6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? honestly not sure, I know i would invest a lot of it. I would def pay off all my debt and stuff. I would probably buy myself a nice house and such then help my family out with their debt if they have any. not sure though, that;s a lot of money

7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? Not sure i would want to take anyone out.

Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? I tip VERY well anyways. but i would totally make someones year. oh you were really good to me? he's 5k for your tip. that would be awesome. but probably not change much, i am very good with money anyways.

9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? no

10) Will you become a Yankees fan? i dont like baseball so no

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!

AAL MATTHEW STAFFORD
Crickett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What will you do if you win? Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? No.
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? Yes. Assuming I am the only winner (meaning I don't have to split the money between other winning tickets), I would get 1/3rd and split 2/3rds between my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My friends would get $14,000 a year for as long as they're my friends.
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? Automatic.
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? The same odds that the economy will completely collapse. Even if the two stocks I mention later were to go bankrupt, I'd still have tens of millions of dollars in liquid assets. So it would require a total economic collapse. Or for the events in Dark Angel to happen.
5) What is the first thing you will buy? Millions of dollars of high dividend yield stock.

I'm going leave this answer to the end so I can copy and paste what I wrote in the general discussion thread.

None? I don't know any. If I could pick though: Jon Landau.
No, or if it does, only slightly. Yes. Yes.
No. There is at least one forum I post on I would make a monetary offer for. The person who runs that forum would either continue running it while I pay the bills or I'd turn over day to day operations to the owner of another forum I post on.
I would have to become a baseball fan first.

Answer to #6:
I'd figure out how much I'm going to be able to deduct on my federal income taxes from paying rather high state and local taxes. That amount would be what I gave to various charities.
The charities would largely consist of

Any school at any level I attended for more than one year (and at least some that I did only attend for one year) as well as at least a few "hard luck"schools that are woefully underfunded.
    Certain hospice care centers and hospitals I would like to donate money to if I could.
    The United States social security administration.
    Alzheimers research.

After that I'd invest somewhere in the range of 40-45 million dollars in two or three fairly stable high dividend yield stocks I tend to keep my eye on but don't have the money to seriously invest in as well as various commodities and currencies. Not so much to make a profit on those commodities and currencies, but to make sure I'm sufficiently diversified.

And then buy a few very large houses, some very large 4k 3D tv's, a hybrid SUV or two and some bodyguards because anyone who wins this thing is going to have their face plastered on every newspaper across the country and I wouldn't want to get kidnapped or something. And I'd probably hire a guy to paint a room in one of those houses to look like Pandora at night. Because I saw an article about that once and I'm enough of an Avatar fan that if I had tens of millions of dollars, I'd totally hire that guy to do it.

And the rest goes in various banks in small enough denominations that I can still have at least half of it insured by the FDIC. Because when you're that rich, you have few enough real world problems that you can worry about things like that like a run on the banks.

Speaking of real world problems, I'd have the opportunity to more aggressively deal with any medical issues that I have to deal with and not wait until I have some free time to see doctors. I wouldn't have to figure out how to "fit it into my schedule". I'd also get a different medical insurance policy with greater out of network coverage as well as liability insurance and an umbrella policy. Because again being a lotto winner could.... incentivize people to have "accidents" on your property.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a job. Will be going to class.

I'll give friends and relatives money...but I won't be splitting it.

One or the other.

Zero.

Not sure. Probably would go a little crazy with nice cars for fun before settling into rationality.

Not sure. Would meet with an expert. Would invest some in stocks and bonds but wouldn't want to invest too much. Would also be interested in doing some venture capitalism.

None.

8 ) Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future?

Nope. Already tip well.

Nah.

Already am. Sort of.

Off the field? Like when he is grocery shopping, does he block the freezer aisle with his sluggish selection of which hungry man to buy?
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Will you go to work Thursday morning? Yes but only to throw money at the poor.
2) Will you be splitting the money with any friends/relatives as part of a lottery pool? I have no friends
3) Will you have picked the numbers or gone with the automatic machine smugness? I'll let Jesus pick
4) What are the chances you go broke before you die? 100%
5) What is the first thing you will buy? Gold plated horse
6) What is your game plan for spending / investing the money? Playing the lottery again
7) Now that you are a big shot, what celebrity will you take out to dinner? Satan
Cool Will this change your tipping habits? IE have you tipped in the past and will you tip in the future? I would tip less now that I'm a paranoid rich jerk
9) Would you consider making a monetary offer for FF? I will buy the site from webby and become super ultra mega mod
10) Will you become a Yankees fan? No amount of money can make baseball Interesting.

thelawoffices

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOL will have a hell of a time in Vegas, I can tell you that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: