Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 1st EVER FF.com Roast of...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

You like this idea?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Quit screwin around. You know you like it!
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: The 1st EVER FF.com Roast of... Reply with quote

...Blaze!

As all of you were witness to last week, our resident bouncer of TEXANS NATION became part of an elite group when he surpassed the 10K mark in total posts...quite a feat indeed!

Now, I know what we all thought when that event happened...we all looked at the number of post and thought to ourselves...

"...wow, this guy needs a life..."

After that initial shock, we came to our senses and thought...

"...no really, he NEEDS a life. Quit screwin around!"

However, the mark of 10K is monumental here in TEXANS NATION. Blaze has managed to cross this threshold in a very short time, giving TEXANS NATION our 1st 10K poster...and I think we need to recognize the things that he has done to make this place as rockin as it is...so, for the 1st time in FF.com history, we will be holding a ROAST for our friend Blaze!

Here's the skinny on how this goes down:

1. The thread will be stickied until Friday.
2. Posters from all over FF.com are invited to come here and congratulate Blaze on this milestone. 3. Feel free to poke a bit of fun at him and reminisce on the knowledge that Blaze brings. Once Friday hits, Blaze will take his pokes at us...should be funny.
4. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A FLAME OR BASH ON BLAZE!!! If you try to be overly mean to Blaze I will ask you to leave. Blaze is a great poster and a nice guy, so let's treat him with some respect and look back at the posting "life'" of one of the most entertaining members of TEXANS NATION... Wink
5. Before anyone gets bent out of shape, I have already discussed this with Blaze and he is OK with the idea...he's actually honored and flattered to be the 1st one in all of FF.com to be roasted in such a manner...

Ok, seeing that I am setting this up...I'll go first...

A long time ago, in a far, far away land...a beautiful, intellegent, witty, confident and charasmatic man known as APTX came to TEXANS NATION and established a lil slice of heaven known as "The Everything Else Thread" in an attempt to get to know the Texans posters outside of football.

Soon after, the great APTX disappeared...some say that he is in the mountains of Kathmandu, studying to get his chakras in line with the Earth. Some say he's in a sanctuary in Mogadishu, reading to blind beggars. Some say that he is Calvin Pace. However, he set up something that everyone in TEXANS NATION can really get behind...and that is the EE thread. One person who really got behind the new thread is our boy, Blaze...and the things he has said over the years is nothing short of amazing.

I am here to take you on that journey...and remind you what a board man with an internet equipped phone can do... Wink

Again, one can ask how does someone post so much? Well, here is the skinny:
Blaze wrote:
I'm logged in all the time. I have internet on my phone. So this gets me through those college classes and work. People think I be texting all the time, but i m usually writing on here

A few weeks back, Blaze got his cell phone bill; It came out to $34,621.18. He made 3 phone calls the entire billing cycle and sent out two text mesasages. The rest of the charges were racked up due to FF.com posts...

People tend to think "Why the name Blaze?" and this was quickly answered within the confines of EE:
Blaze wrote:
I got the name Blaze from the summercamp i work at. I needed to give myself a name because i didnt want the kids calling me by my first name and i used Blaze because i was a pretty good HS track athlete.

How good of a track athlete, you ask? Well, let's ask the man himself:
Blaze wrote:
I ran a 4.5 in HS

What he fails to mention is that Blaze King runs a 4.3...beaten out yet again... Laughing

Now, not only was Blaze an amazing track star, but he was a very good football player...he's shared the field with a very prominent athlete that is heavily talked about by many of us...none other than Titans QB:
Blaze wrote:
Best player I played against was Vince Young. We were sister schools and played once a year. Just imagine his talent on the HS level.

Titans QB once a year...and you didn't find a way to take a dive at his ankles? Man, big swing and a miss for TEXANS NATION. For every TD Titans QB scores, I will hold you responsible...

...not that I would do anything per se. I know you see soemone with 10K posts and think World of Warcraft-esque body composition...but Blaze here is actually one ripped dude:
Blaze wrote:
Yeah, I work out a lot. I'm a health major so if anyone has any questions, let me know.

I've asked him like a billion questions on working out and I'm STILL fat...and I don't think it has anything to do with his advice. Just look at this nugget of advice on lifting weights...
Blaze wrote:
If you are trying to get ur bench numbers up, a few things you could do are 3 sets of 10 on the flat bench, incline, and decline. After each set, add 20 lbs and do 10 pushups. Another technique to help increase bench is to do squats. They help your overall body strength

I did that and I'm still pudgy. Maybe it has to do with the daily stopoff at Taco Bell after a rigerous 15 minutes on the Nautilus machine...I dunno.

Now, everyone thinks of Blaze is a nice guy and rightfully so...he's courteous and doesn't try to make anyone mad...unless you are his HS football coach or a co-worker:
Blaze on his respect for his football coach wrote:
We treated our coach so bad. We used to still his board and hit him with it, and then stole it. We stole his equipment so he wouldn't make us do some of those silly drills. We toilet papered his truck and and the basketball dinner we told the waitress it was his bday so they would sing to him

Blaze on co-worker relations wrote:
I hit him wit a pie. So funny. My boy slapped his hat off and was trying to see what happend and I whammed it in his face. I hit another coworker wit a balloon in the face from a distance. Complete shock

With players and co-workers like that...well, who needs enemies?

And of course, Blaze is a man who is all about the finer ladies in life:
Blaze wrote:
Blaze is looking at his Beyonce poster. Man she is fine.

...what Blaze doesn't know is that Beyonce is lookin at her ET80 poster thinkin the exact same thing... Wink

All joking aside, Blaze has been part of TEXANS NATION since that fateful month were about 15 of us core guys joined in mere weeks of one another. From hard core facts on the NFL, NBA and WWE, to random postings about Houston traffic and classes at U of H to advice on things from Working out to Women, Blaze has been a loyal friend to us all.

Here's to you Blaze...and here's to doing this again when you reach 20K posts. Very Happy

Ok, I'm done...TEXANS NATION and the rest of FF.com...feel free to chime in with your Blaze related stories!

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my father used to say that every time he got the urge to exercise, he'd lay down until he felt better.

i'll be here all week, try the veal...

what can we say about Blaze....

er... um....

i'll have to think about it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Blaze spits his orange juice out* I'm going to be watching this topic(yes while at work), and I will get to each and every one of you all friday. I gotta lot to say about a number of you.

Believe you me, I will get this last laugh. Laughing. You too Ron VD.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I had Blaze beat on the post count by a couple hundred. I guess he noticed my awesomeness and just took off running like a bat out of hell. Very Happy

He's there to share in my annual Rockets misery and get the ball rolling when T-Mac turns into T-Wack.

Always has a funny quip when needed

I swear, every single thread I go to whether it be in the News forum, TAST forum, Entertainment forum or even feedback forum, Blaze has already chimed in with his 2 cents.

Congrats on 10G's and Luv ya Bro ... TEXANS NATION just wouldn't be the same without you

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Blaze got to 10,000 posts, but 9600 of them were merely him writing "I agree 100% with what Texansfan said".

Laughing

Congrats buddy.
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1st EVER FF.com Roast of... Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Blaze wrote:
I got the name Blaze from the summercamp i work at. I needed to give myself a name because i didnt want the kids calling me by my first name and i used Blaze because i was a pretty good HS track athlete.

How good of a track athlete, you ask? Well, let's ask the man himself:
Blaze wrote:
I ran a 4.5 in HS

What he fails to mention is that Blaze King runs a 4.3...beaten out yet again... Laughing

Well technically it was a 4.25, but who's counting. I did some calculations and 9946 of your 10k posts were less then 2 sentences long. Rolling Eyes

Congrats, Bud. You may have won the poll but we all know who the better Blaze is. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze, you might have 20x the posts Apollo does, but I bet if you counted the words in y'all's posts, he's written more.

Blaze dispenses amazing words of wisdom on this site, such as "I agree", "Not true", "I don't agree", "We'll see", and the greatest of them all: "Could be, we'll see, trust Kubs".

I guess Blaze is honorary "Rey de Tejas" today.

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze joined the day after me on FF. I think the real winner here is the guy who didn't post nearly 17 times a day...
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this rate, I may need to jump in before friday. Lol. I gotta lot to say about some of these comments.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Blaze, you might have 20x the posts Apollo does, but I bet if you counted the words in y'all's posts, he's written more.

Blaze dispenses amazing words of wisdom on this site, such as "I agree", "Not true", "I don't agree", "We'll see", and the greatest of them all: "Could be, we'll see, trust Kubs".

I guess Blaze is honorary "Rey de Tejas" today.

I agree. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Blaze's honor I will keep this short. Just joining fairly recently I was immediately taken back by Blaze's football acumen:

Blaze wrote:
I think what Kubs thinks.

And even more impressed by his deep insight into the game

Blaze wrote:
I cant put a yardage count on Green because im not sure how he will work out but i can say that i think he will be most effective this season if he makes it past training camp.

It's incredible how much you can learn by listening to such a great poster. Who would have thought getting out of training camp could help a guy. Laughing

In all honesty, it's been a pleasure joining Texans Nation and having such great conversations and debates with great posters and great guys. Blaze you are right there at the head of the class in both departments. Congrats man.

#JDI
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats blaze on 10k, i signed up on FF.com 2 weeks after you and have 6,600 more post than me, lol, i thought i had a lot of posts and was on the site a lot, but i have nothing compared to you lol

congrats blaze
CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats blaze, you represent the NATION well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're also talking about a guy who admitted to playing in the street in a motorized wheelchair and got a ticket for speeding in a YMCA van. What a character...

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
We're also talking about a guy who admitted to playing in the street in a motorized wheelchair and got a ticket for speeding in a YMCA van. What a character...

I believe he calls it a "Hovercraft" Wink
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: