You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ross Verba anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Ross Verba anyone? Reply with quote

I can't help but think about this. But with the horrendous performance by the O-line on Saturday. A HUGE question mark at RT, and now Jacob Rogers has an MCL injury that could sideline him for quite some time, I can't help but think that we need to sign another veteran O-lineman. And the one that springs immediatly to mind is Ross Verba. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Is there anyone else out there that is not seeking a huge deal like Verba?
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a report from Ranchreport.com "Former 49er Scott Gragg is the best player available on the open market"

Heres the story you need to be a memeber to be able to read the rest.
http://cowboys.scout.com/2/424299.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to Chris Terry?
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was still coming back from injuty but im not sure

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Verba has a reputation for being hard to work with and hard to coach, but he's always been a reliable guy. If we could get him cheap, I'd be more than willing to take a look at this point considering Rogers' pending MCL issue.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas Ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely I am all for Verba, Especially for a one year deal. He doesn't have to come cheap to me, just as long as he doesn't ask for anything absurd. We need a RT NOW, Rogers cannot be trusted to remain healthy, and we all know the rest of the RT's are terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played for the Browns, he can't be asking for anything absurd.
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

droopedupmofo wrote:
He played for the Browns, he can't be asking for anything absurd.

To the contrary my friend, Verba was demanding a huge contract from the Browns and let everyone know he had no problem sitting out the whole season to get what he wanted. He even paid out of pocket and bought out the remainder of his contract from the Browns to become a Free Agent to look elsewhere. He is looking for a pay-day, nothing more and nothing less.
Trojans14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt touch Verba with a 1-foot pole.

The guy is a big fat cancer stick.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verba is not worth having. If he was, don't you think some team would have already signed him? Right now, all that is out there is scrubs that no one else wants or guys with over inflated views of self worth.

Rogers should be back in time for the Monday night game. Let's see him then before we jump off of cliffs and signs some scrub.

We can always just stick Vollers back in there if nobody else works out. He has started several games, and doesn't make the mental mistakes like Tucker. Vollers is durable as well, which Rogers doesn't seem to be. Whoopity doo if he is the best backup at both RT and LT. I would rather Vollers start than have to settle for Tucker or Verba.

Petitti didn't do that bad for a 6th round pick playing his first preseason game. We should give him a chance as well.

My how the years have flown by.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all for vollers from what i've read. i have only seen vollers a little bit, how does he play

one of the great ones on this site
denjenn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojans14 wrote:
I wouldnt touch Verba with a 1-foot pole.

The guy is a big fat cancer stick.

I agree....I have never read anything good about Verba. I think he's been in a few fist fights with fellow teamates.

this really sucks too because Rodgers was really coming around and showing that 2nd round talent. also, it would have been another young guy taking over a starting position. Rodgres seems very brittle and thats not good when your playing in the NFL.
crazylife

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boys have a few choices right now, but I don't think anything will be done until after this weekends game. Verba did play alongside Rivera at GB for 4 years I think, so he has that going for him, but IMO he is a Merc. Chris Terry is still out there, but has a bunch of off field issues - however a change of scenery could be good for him, then there is Scott Gragg from the 9'ers.

All are possibilities, but not right now. Move Vollers back to RT and see what happens and if Rogers can get out there this weekend lets see what he can do. But I don't think the cowboys should wait too long, sign a guy to a one year deal, if possible, for insurance purposes and if it works out great, if not cut him. Make sure that the cap figure is workable so we don't get stuck with it next year. We have the room right now, but still need to be careful with the cash.
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing I can say about Verba is that he is a exHawk. That being said my loyalty there doesnt blind me about really wanting him. Nothing all that special there to address that RT position IMO. I didnt see the first game or the horrible line play that everyone been talking about so I maybe I will change my tune when I get to see the next game if it keeps up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's official now. Bill Parcells stated in his press conference on Monday that the Dallas Cowboys organization is now looking OUTSIDE the current roster for an offensive lineman, primarily for RT. They are contacting free agents available as we speak gentlemen.

Whether they bring anyone in for a look remains to be seen. It may be just a ploy to motivate our lineman too. It's amazing how people react when the find out thier job and livlihood are in jeopardy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: