Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2015 New Orleans Saints Offseason Thread:
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Official 2015 New Orleans Saints Offseason Thread: Reply with quote

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/12/new_orleans_saints_secondary_c_3.html

Whelp, the first shoe drops… Saints defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff to join Vanderbilt staff, likely as defensive coordinator but a step down in my opinion.

Guy was fired… interesting note is that McGriff was only coach on staff handpicked by Rob Ryan.

Who's Next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Rob Ryan, but he didn't throw those 3 picks today... just sayin'.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:

I don't think its a given that Robs gone... If Payton can convince Dennis Allen to accept the defensive backs gig under Ryan that would be a sweet deal for us. Ryan gets another shot and Payton has a backup plan if Ryan gets off to another slow start next season.

As far as those 3 picks... Good thing Lovie starting pulling his starters in the second half ugh! They trying to deny tanking now, lol!!!

Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
WhoDatNation wrote:

I don't think its a given that Robs gone... If Payton can convince Dennis Allen to accept the defensive backs gig under Ryan that would be a sweet deal for us. Ryan gets another shot and Payton has a backup plan if Ryan gets off to another slow start next season.

As far as those 3 picks... Good thing Lovie starting pulling his starters in the second half ugh! They trying to deny tanking now, lol!!!

Am I the only one that would love to see Rex head over and manage the defense!? Ryan Riot, Ryan Riot!! Cool
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Am I the only one that would love to see Rex head over and manage the defense!? Ryan Riot, Ryan Riot!! Cool

Rex thinks he's a HC and if no owner agrees with him he'll go the TV route until he gets another head job. Besides, No way he takes a job his brother gets fired from!

I'm confident that Dennis Allen will be a part of this staff in 2015... the question will be in what capacity?

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Rex thinks he's a HC and if no owner agrees with him he'll go the TV route until he gets another head job. Besides, No way he takes a job his brother gets fired from!

I'm confident that Dennis Allen will be a part of this staff in 2015... the question will be in what capacity?

I don't see him taking a positional coach role. I think he will be looking for at least DC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
I don't see him taking a positional coach role. I think he will be looking for at least DC.

Maybe they can both be DCs, then Wrigley can throw out some more "double double your refreshment" commercials.

Not sure what to make of the last game. Brees did everything possible to lose it for us, yet Tampa made sure they sucked worse than our suck.

Could be worse, could only score 3 points at home with the playoffs on the line.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought for anyone who likes to say how Brees has no talent around him but then ignores the obvious reason why... Tom Brady has yet again restructured his deal with New England team give the Pats 24 million in cap for this offseason. Let's remember that the deal he was already on kept his cap figure to below 15 million as compared to Brees 26.4.

This is what quarterbacks who are only concerned with winning do... Not saying Brees should be crucified for simply wanting to maxamize his earning potential but he can't have it both ways and continue to left out of the discussion as to why this teams talent level has diminished so much.

Brady makes these guys look greedy and hypercritical!

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees will restructure. I honestly think the Saints will add a year to his deal and cut about $10,000,000 off this years deal. We almost HAVE to.

I also think we'll keep Colston around, and think he'll be willing to take a pay cut to stay with the team. Dude is one of the best teammates in the league, and we really need to keep him on the team. I think Brees would be furious if we cut him.

Grubbs and Evans will take massive pay cuts or be cut, simple as that. I'm leaning towards cuts.

Brodrick Bunkley will almost certainly be cut, as will Ben Watson, Pierre Thomas and David Hawthorne.

Junior Galette will move some money around as he's owed almost $16M this off-season.

With all these moves (And I was very safe on the restructures) we could have upwards of $13M in cap space. Without putting ourself in harms way for the future ways.

Thats enough to make a few under the radar free agent signings, extend Cameron Jordan and sign our draft picks.

Boom.

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Kromer hast been fired by the Bears! Please please please bring him back!
Soccer: Werder Bremen
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:

This can't be stated enough.

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

This can't be stated enough.

Drew Brees comes out and publicly states that we need to get back to our "root" and what made us great... The Saints refuse to resign a future deal to only one PS player in Tavon Rooks who was suppose to be our RT in grooming. I honestly see us scrapping this Zone run concept and getting back to big boy football upfront and if that's true, Kromer will likely be the top choice here.

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't even mind the ZBS, because once implemented its SO easy to plug N' play OL, specifically OGs. Grubbs and Evans just don't fit it AT ALL and we're paying them a lot of money.

I would be so happy if we brought back Kromer though. Dude groomed OL year in and year out for us.

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I honestly don't even mind the ZBS, because once implemented its SO easy to plug N' play OL, specifically OGs. Grubbs and Evans just don't fit it AT ALL and we're paying them a lot of money.

I would be so happy if we brought back Kromer though. Dude groomed OL year in and year out for us.

Bring back Kromer and his scheme while Evans accepts a pay cut and I'll gaurentee you'd see a different player in 2015. Yes Evans is older but scheme has played a major part of his regression.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just saw this:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/549680377254920193

Quote:
In a deal turned into NFL today, Tom Brady restructured his contract to give NE $24 million more in cash to spend this winter, per sources.
Under the new deal, Brady changed the $24 million in “skill” guarantee to only “injury” guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he were injured. Brady also now can be released from the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender. This frees up cash for the Patriots to use on other players. New England needs the cash to help re-sign some of its own free agents such as Darrelle Revis, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder and Shane Vereen, amongst others.

Laughing because Brees will never do this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: