Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glimmer of hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Glimmer of hope Reply with quote

Ok. Now that I've gone through my depression phase its time to look at the positives.

1) Our division sucks. We're only a game back of first place, although Atlanta holds the tie breaker as of right now.

2) The pass rush IS THERE, its just a second late. Junior Galette AND Cameron Jordan are in the top 5 in QB hurries, with 10 and 11 respectively. Those WILL start turning into sacks. Akiem Hicks has 3, but I have no doubt that number will improve.

3) Jarius Byrd HAS to turn it around, right? The guys a top 5 safety in the league, he's had a rough stretch but talent doesn't just disappear. Right? Right?! RIGHT?!

4) Breesus is Breesus. My main concern with him is where did the passion go? Where are the pre-game chants? Where's the fire? I don't know whats going on but it seems like Brees just lost his fire, and he needs to find it again if we want to turn this season around.

5) Keenan Lewis is back. Ryan started to put Lewis back in man to man coverage and he's looked much better the last two games. Kenny Vaccaro is another bright spot on a so far bad defense. If we can get some big plays out of Byrd this defense will turn around quickly. Right now, no one is scared of this secondary, Byrd and Vaccaro need to change that.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can't blow out Tampa this weekend at home then I will start to really worry.

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 15 cat 244 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 27 tak 0 INT 2 PD
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees looked extremely passionate last week when he got suplex'd Laughing
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
If we can't blow out Tampa this weekend at home then I will start to really worry.

Same. Hopefully Rob Ryan realizes his job is on the line if he doesn't turn this around.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much a glimmer of hope, as it's a fact that this season is a division win or nothing, since so many good teams in the NFC will be contending for a wildcard spot.

Honestly just the mental mistakes need to be limited on defense and T.O.P needs to be won on offense and this team will look 10x better.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Glimmer of hope Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Ok. Now that I've gone through my depression phase its time to look at the positives.

1) Our division sucks. We're only a game back of first place, although Atlanta holds the tie breaker as of right now.

2) The pass rush IS THERE, its just a second late. Junior Galette AND Cameron Jordan are in the top 5 in QB hurries, with 10 and 11 respectively. Those WILL start turning into sacks. Akiem Hicks has 3, but I have no doubt that number will improve.

3) Jarius Byrd HAS to turn it around, right? The guys a top 5 safety in the league, he's had a rough stretch but talent doesn't just disappear. Right? Right?! RIGHT?!

4) Breesus is Breesus. My main concern with him is where did the passion go? Where are the pre-game chants? Where's the fire? I don't know whats going on but it seems like Brees just lost his fire, and he needs to find it again if we want to turn this season around.

5) Keenan Lewis is back. Ryan started to put Lewis back in man to man coverage and he's looked much better the last two games. Kenny Vaccaro is another bright spot on a so far bad defense. If we can get some big plays out of Byrd this defense will turn around quickly. Right now, no one is scared of this secondary, Byrd and Vaccaro need to change that.

1. Yeah, our division is looking really bad, but DON'T underestimate Tampa. This won't be the same team Atlanta hung 56 on. I expect a win, but after Tampa beat pittsburgh at pittsburgh, their confidence will be through the roof coming into the superdome against a Saints team with no better record. And also, they've been blown out so many times recently, by us and everybody else, they're bound to step it up sometime. I expect a solid win, but never a blowout.

2. I don't watch tape or anything, but how many of those QB pressures have come when we rushed 4? I feel like we can't get pressure with four, and thats definitely a problem, but I'll admit I don't always watch them that closely.

3. Hopefully

4. Breesus is Breesus indeed, and I wouldn't worry about him just yet, he started last year slow too, we just happenend to win those games instead of lose them, due primarily to much better defense.

5. I see Keenan Lewis making big plays, and I see Keenan Lewis making bad plays, but bottom line is he's our best corner and seems to be doing a great job considering how little help he's getting.
NS922

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say we need to put Stanley, Ball and Sunseri out there on defense and try it out. I don't know if they've been bad in practice or something but I know everyone else has been bad in real games. I know Ball has that injury but they need to get him out there ASAP because we need some quick instinctual playmakers and from what I think I know, he was supposed to be something like that.

Not saying these guys would even have a good impact but I'd rather them try it and see if we can't get anything right with the guys we have on the field right now.

Also, Rob shouldn't have eaten the 2013 playbook because we're obviously missing those schemes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: