Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints "Anything Goes" Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Saints "Anything Goes" Thread Reply with quote

I know some of us don't really care about some of the General Forums and we'd much rather just discuss things with the familiar faces that we all know and love in the Saints forum; so I figured we could try this concept out...

Introducing the Saints Forum "Anything Goes" Thread.

A Saints Fans' "Anything Goes" Thread also might help stir some interesting conversation during football-dry times like we are currently in, when there isn't much football news to talk about - and the only football news that is really being reported at this time of the year is typically about a player committing a crime.

But let's remember that the Global Footballs Future rules still apply in this "Anything Goes" Thread. We can use this specific thread to B.S. around with each other and talk about things that might not have anything to do with the Saints Football Team per say - but we still have to keep it somewhat clean... think P-13.

I saw this same concept work in the Panther's forum and I figured the Saints forum could do the same thing, but only with a little more spice.

Last edited by BrownBaggin on Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 am; edited 8 times in total
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start with throwing a predicament I'm in out there. Let me know what ya'll think the BrownBag should do...

The Predicament: The Saints' very own BrownBaggin' is getting hitched on July 26th, 2008. Yes, that's exactly two months from today. However, I have a problem... the Saints training camp begins on July 27th at 8:50 am.

My fiancee' and I have already made reservations for a nice resort in Mayan Riviera, Mexico from Sunday July 27th to Friday, August 1st.

So married men especially: What do you think my chances are of getting permission from my newly married wife to fly to Millsaps for 3 days the day after we get back from the honeymoon? What might be some "round-about" tactics that I could introduce the thought to her that might not come across as me leaving her the day we get back?

Remember: Mrs. BrownBaggin' is a lot more fiery than Mr. BrownBaggin'... and in times like these, one must proceed in extreme caution.

Last edited by BrownBaggin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Deeneaus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:

Remember: Mrs. BrownBaggin' is a lot more fiery than Mr. BrownBaggin'... and in times like these, one must proceed in extreme caution.

If she is like you, she will cite a stat book that highlights the probability of you two being divorced in three years! I'm messing man, congrats!

I must say, though, she probably will want a break from you after the honeymoon. I'll probably head to Milsaps too. Have a bunch of friends there, and I'll be at Ole Miss next year.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
So married men especially: What do you think my chances are of getting permission from my newly married wife to fly to Millsaps for 3 days the day after we get back from the honeymoon?

Wow, first let me say congrats. Second, good luck with that Laughing Third, I like the idea of this thread as long as everyone remembers that the rules of the forum still apply.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats BB I'm sure the entire Forum will be there in spirit and you throw your life away, I mean get married. Wink That being said although I'm not married I think the best way to convince her of this is to get her to believe that is her wedding gift to you... but at the same time make sure you do something really nice for her as your wedding gift to her also.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeneaus wrote:
BrownBaggin wrote:

If she is like you, she will cite a stat book that highlights the probability of you two being divorced in three years! I'm messing man, congrats!

I must say, though, she probably will want a break from you after the honeymoon. I'll probably head to Milsaps too. Have a bunch of friends there, and I'll be at Ole Miss next year.

...touche' Dee. Touche'. Very funny...

Let me know if you head to Millsaps. I think I owe you a beer - we'll drink to Jeremy Shockey staying in New York.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
BrownBaggin wrote:
So married men especially: What do you think my chances are of getting permission from my newly married wife to fly to Millsaps for 3 days the day after we get back from the honeymoon?

Wow, first let me say congrats. Second, good luck with that Laughing Third, I like the idea of this thread as long as everyone remembers that the rules of the forum still apply.

You have my word, Navyboy.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Congrats BB I'm sure the entire Forum will be there in spirit and you throw your life away, I mean get married. Wink That being said although I'm not married I think the best way to convince her of this is to get her to believe that is her wedding gift to you... but at the same time make sure you do something really nice for her as your wedding gift to her also.

Brilliant, Raves. Truly brilliant! Problem is, I think she's already bought me tickets to the Panthers game in Carolina and then I'm also hoping to go to the game at Washington.

Last edited by BrownBaggin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Raves

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
Raves wrote:

Brilliant, Raves. Truly brilliant! Problem is, she's already bought me tickets to the Panthers game in Carolina and then also the game at Washington.

well get her a 3 day spa and massage treatment at some club for the same days you'll be gone. By the time you get back together you will both be so happy about getting what you wanted that it'll be your honeymoon all over again.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
well get her a 3 day spa and massage treatment at some club for the same days you'll be gone. By the time you get back together you will both be so happy about getting what you wanted that it'll be your honeymoon all over again.

Raves - you sure are a bona fide ladies' man. You haven't tied the knot yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
Raves wrote:

Raves - you sure are a bona fide ladies' man. You haven't tied the knot yet?

Military life makes it difficult. June 2004- June 2005 in Korea, June 2005 to October 2006 in San Antonio, October 2006 to December 2007 Iraq, December 2007 to March 2008 San Antonio, March 2008 to July/August 2008 Fort Knox, July/August 2008 to whenever Iraq.

As you can see not much time to make any real bonds. But I do have a lot of female friends if you know what I mean. But that really is what it comes down to is that I don't have the time to make a committed relationship and therefore don't even bother.

But good luck with getting her to go along with it but I'm pretty sure she will. All women love getting pampered.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
July/August 2008 to whenever Iraq.

You're going to miss next season man! That's just wrong. I'll call Washington and let them know that international wars don't need to happen during Football season - let's save the guns for Hockey season.

Wow, that sucks man. I'll dedicate my posts to you while your gone.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
Raves wrote:
July/August 2008 to whenever Iraq.

You're going to miss next season man! That's just wrong. I'll call Washington and let them know that international wars don't need to happen during Football season - let's save the guns for Hockey season.

Wow, that sucks man. I'll dedicate my posts to you while your gone.

yeah 2 seasons in a row I'll be missing. But don't worry we get a few games and I'll have internet over there so I'll be on here badgering you guys to send me DVD's of the games... LoL

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves I will be proud as an American to have a Saints fan keeping our freedom for us. Proud to have you over there man.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

New topic if anyone wishes to join in on. Edited by NSF And can we say this in here or does it have to do with politics so we cant?

NSF: Discussing politics is off limits and you all know it. No more please.

nico002 wrote:
Leading the league in interceptions doesn't mean jack.
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
New topic if anyone wishes to join in on. Edited by NSF. And can we say this in here or does it have to do with politics so we cant?

I personally love politics, but I'm not sure it is allowed on FF. Religion and Politics are kind of touchy subjects and many people on this website don't know how to have an insightful and mature conversation; especially with people who might have different perspectives.

So I don't think Religion or Politics are permitted on the website... besides, it would really be a shame if we had to lock this thread & this idea because somebody loses their cool.

But I will say that I'm very excited about this upcoming election and I think this is a critical time in our wonderful country's history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

Jump to: