You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evaluation of Cowboys vs Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the cowboys are still the same team as last year but i am acutually gonna watch the next game on ABC so then i can see what things look like and if they are contenders or pretenders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueRedskin05 wrote:
looks like the cowboys are still the same team as last year but i am acutually gonna watch the next game on ABC so then i can see what things look like and if they are contenders or pretenders

Yeah your right same team as last year.....

New QB (Drew Bledsoe)
Healthy Julius Jones
2 great backup runng backs
Pro Bowl RG
First Round DE
First Round LB
Second Round LB
Chris Canty (potential 1st rounder)
2 great new corners, Anthony Henry, and Aaron Glenn

If you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic when I said the owboys hva ethe same team......they don't!

Julius is gonna go over 100 on thanksgiving...his favorite holiday.
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Ferguson and Marcus Spears didn't even play last night. Those are two of the three starters on the D-Line. They also happen to be two brand new players to the Cowboys. They'll help just a little bit. Wink

Many thanks to SilverStar for the sig.
SheriffStar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Ace great commentary! Hats off to you for the information.

You confirmed an uneasy feeling about the poor performance projected by the very brief game reports.

Looking forward to the team performing better next week!
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTCowboysFan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Not a bad game from our side. Your defense stuffed our run pretty well but we were missing 2 o-line starters.

I think your secondary gave up a ton. At one point during the TD drive, we ran like 7 straight passes. Not sure who was getting picked on but Anthony Henry's name was listed for like 3-4 tackles during that drive so I'm guessing it was him.

Your o-line seemed to struggle too but our defense is actually pretty damn good. Like someone said we blitzed a lot and we will do that all year long. Our Lb's are lightning fast.

Overall good game, no real injuries. Good luck this year.

Yeah but you do not understand why we gave up so many passes...

Mickey says it all

but I can't open his column right now for some reason, but once I get it open I'll show ya.

Sure I understand. Instead of covering our wide outs, you didn't.

I don't know who was making the mistakes but our passing #'s don't come by accident.

Your lucky Boldin didn't play.............. Very Happy
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened Mick's Column...

He said

"Second, and this is big. The Cardinals were playing their 3-4 defense for the first time. Parcells decided it was more important to work his 3-4 defense in a game than to match up with the Cards' offensive personnel."

there is a lot more but it won't let me copy and paste onto here so just read it.

http://lb.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=B4A57078-F4F5-8C32-2A59F850325DEF54

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTCowboysFan wrote:

He said

"Second, and this is big. The Cardinals were playing their 3-4 defense for the first time. Parcells decided it was more important to work his 3-4 defense in a game than to match up with the Cards' offensive personnel."

there is a lot more but it won't let me copy and paste onto here so just read it.

http://lb.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=B4A57078-F4F5-8C32-2A59F850325DEF54

I understand you didn't play your "real" defense but the fact is your CB's didn't just say, "to hell with it, we'll just let em catch the ball". Someone had problems stopping our Wr's.(Fitz in particular)
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:

He said

I understand you didn't play your "real" defense but the fact is your CB's didn't just say, "to hell with it, we'll just let em catch the ball". Someone had problems stopping our Wr's.(Fitz in particular)

So what do you want me to say your receivers are good? I know they are I am not saying that, but its just that are corners didn't have much help either. In addition we didn't play with our first stringers as long as you did.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTCowboysFan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:

He said

So what do you want me to say your receivers are good? I know they are I am not saying that, but its just that are corners didn't have much help either. In addition we didn't play with our first stringers as long as you did.

Not trying to start a fight, just think your secondary gets more to blame than you suggest(even if it is preseason)
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the secondary needs work and they blow coverage but I can guarentee that Henry and Newman perform better when it counts.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTCowboysFan wrote:
I know the secondary needs work and they blow coverage but I can guarentee that Henry and Newman perform better when it counts.

True, this game wasn't exactly a PO game was it?
S.A.cowboyfan

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

True, this game wasn't exactly a PO game was it?

no, more like PU
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting 'GERONIMO'!!!
CowboysFanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks texas ace, that was a good report. I didn't see the game but I have been surfing around reading as much as possible to put the pieces together.

I think its obvious a lot of the offensive woes start with the OL. if the OL plays more decently then we have a better chance of judging the other parts of the team. I am now officially worried about the RT and perhaps there is some one we can pull that is just above average or average since anything we have is below average.

it will take a couple of games before the OL pulls it together, so Lets give them another game or two.

I like everything I have read about the defense. I mentioned before that with a new scheme and so many new starters it will take at least 8 games for the defense to get on the same page. if you saw the potential as you say then I am very happy. I think with a little time and more experience the pressures will trun into sacks and those near misses will turn into hits and INTs.

I like thompson but being a one trick pony will only get you so far. but as everyone says the potential is there, so I am sure other teams may have noticed too so I doubt if Thompson will end up on PS. He will make the team as a special teams contributor and 4th RB. he needs a season or two to turn into something viable.

Also keep in mind the fans see the game differently than the coaches. we maybe working on specific plays, limiting play calling and trying to see if a specific formation works, etc. its preseason. its time to work out the kinks and plans on paper. so don't read too much into it.

I doubt if there was any specific game planning going into it.
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did not get to see the game as it was not aired locally, got stuck watching the Texans.

Sounds like, from all I have heard, that if the O-line would have played like they should, the game could have had a different outcome.

12 penalties, disgusting...offense facing a 3rd and 50 from O-line penalties...nauseating.

But I would like to point out that in Coach Parcells first season, we got blanked 13-0 by the Cardinals. But then in the pre-season finale that same year they racked up 52 points and went on to a 10-6 play-off season.

As a matter of fact, since Parcells took over the club, this is his first preseason game where we actually put points on the board.

2003 first pre-season game Cardinals 13- Dallas 0
2004 first pre-season game Texans 18- Dallas 0

One last thing to remember, the Cowboys have 84 players at camp. That is a bit more than other clubs. And that is a lot of players to evaluate and give playing time to. Now they have a couple more games before August 30th. That is the NFL mandated cutdown day to 65 players. I am hopeful that we will see a marked improvement after August 30th, when we clear out the trash.
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I would like to point out that in Coach Parcells first season, we got blanked 13-0 by the Cardinals. But then in the pre-season finale that same year they racked up 52 points and went on to a 10-6 play-off season.

Yep, some people seem to forget that the Cowboys went 0-4 during the pre-season in the early nineties. They went on to win the Super Bowl that very season.

Many thanks to SilverStar for the sig.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: