You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help with argument
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Help with argument Reply with quote

a friend of mine and I just had an argument about whos pitching staff is better: Mets or Marlins? Wondering your opinions, but also wanting help so i can prove him wrong...

also, any way to help me prove whos team overall is better in the Marlins favor?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93782
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Mets have the better team ERA, at 3.94. That puts them 10th in the majors. The Florida Marlins come in just right behind then with a 3.95 team ERA, which puts them at 11th in the majors.

The Florida Marlins rank 6th in the majors in starters ERA, which is currently at 3.76. The New York Mets come in at 8th in the majors with a starters ERA of 3.87.

The New York Mets have the better bullpen ERA, at 4.13. That puts them at 15th in the majors. The Florida Marlins come in at 18th in the majors, with a 4.33 bullpen ERA.

Personally, I feel that the Florida Marlins have the better pitching staff.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BrettWolfe


Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 5485
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlins. Whats a better combo in the league rite now then beckett, Willis, and Burnett?
_________________


Dolphins Fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7327
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marlins staff is better. I also like the fact that the Marlins staff is younger and the most important thing is these guys won a World Series Vs. the Offense of the Yankees.
Beckett 3.49 ERA
Willis 2.87 ERA
Aj Burnett 3.12 ERA
Vs. the Mets top 3 of
Pedro 3.00 ERA
Glavine 4.41 ERA
Benson 3.54
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
2105 yards


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 8415
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too gotta go with the Marlins...Glavine has seen his better days which tips things towards Florida.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANyone can help me prove my points? Opinions dont win arguments...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93782
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
ANyone can help me prove my points? Opinions dont win arguments...


Just tell him that the Marlins starting staff is better then the Mets.

I posted the starters ERA thing to show you.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
JCool333 wrote:
ANyone can help me prove my points? Opinions dont win arguments...


Just tell him that the Marlins starting staff is better then the Mets.

I posted the starters ERA thing to show you.


OK. But, Ive said that oevr and over. It doesn't win it. HE says that Moehler's been lucky and that they're too injury prone. Second of which is true...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrankCastle51573


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 1356
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettWolfe wrote:
Marlins. Whats a better combo in the league rite now then beckett, Willis, and Burnett?


There are a couple better combos...

But it sure beats Martinez, Glavine, and Zambrano/ Benson
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93782
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky? In A.J. Burnett's last five starts, he is 5-0 with a 1.46 ERA.

Out of his 23 starts this season, 18 of them have been Quality Starts.

By the way, when the streak started, his ERA was at 3.64. Now, it is at 3.12, for the season. That's a lowering of 0.52 in five starts.

A.J. Burnett wasn't "lucky" during that streak, he was good.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Lucky? In A.J. Burnett's last five starts, he is 5-0 with a 1.46 ERA.

Out of his 23 starts this season, 18 of them have been Quality Starts.

By the way, when the streak started, his ERA was at 3.64. Now, it is at 3.12, for the season. That's a lowering of 0.52 in five starts.

A.J. Burnett wasn't "lucky" during that streak, he was good.


I said Moehler...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93782
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:
Lucky? In A.J. Burnett's last five starts, he is 5-0 with a 1.46 ERA.

Out of his 23 starts this season, 18 of them have been Quality Starts.

By the way, when the streak started, his ERA was at 3.64. Now, it is at 3.12, for the season. That's a lowering of 0.52 in five starts.

A.J. Burnett wasn't "lucky" during that streak, he was good.


I said Moehler...


I know, but still. If he says one guy is "lucky", then you know he's going to start talking about the rest being "lucky". It's human nature.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7327
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankCastle51573 wrote:
BrettWolfe wrote:
Marlins. Whats a better combo in the league rite now then beckett, Willis, and Burnett?


There are a couple better combos...

But it sure beats Martinez, Glavine, and Zambrano/ Benson

By better Combos I am sure you mean Clemens, Pettite and Oswalt huh Wink.
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
2105 yards


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 8415
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this even an argument???...after Pedro and Benson who on the Mets would you really want on your pitching staff???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7327
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2105 yards wrote:
How is this even an argument???...after Pedro and Benson who on the Mets would you really want on your pitching staff???

If only they hadn't traded Scott Kazmir for basicly Victor Zambrano Laughing.
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group