Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If a QB falls to #6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: If a QB falls to #6 Reply with quote

What do we do if either Rodgers or Smith fall to #6?

If Mac says he is going to retire then i think it will be hard to pass up a franchise QB. But if we have to go QB in the first and then take an OT on day one as well then we won't be adding much instant improvement on the defensive side of the ball this draft.

Even if Mac stays I think it could be hard to pass on a potential franchise QB knowing that Mac will only have 2-3 more yrs left and at that point Volek will be 30yrs old. But if Mac stays we have to do everything we can to get him his ring and using the #6 pick for a 3rd string QB isn't real smart.

I think the best case scenario is that a QB falls to us and then somebody overpays for our trade down because they are worried about Oakland or Arizona snatching him up. I honestly think that we will probably trade down no matter what if we can and with Oakland and Arizona both needing RB and QB Arizona might be our trading partner. Or Dallas might decide to trade up for a QB. or the redskins might make a move for Edwards or Williams.

My dream draft would go like this

SF- Rodgers
Miami- Benson
Cleveland- Rolle
Chicago- Edwards or Williams
TB-cadillac Williams or Brown

This would leave us sitting at a great position with the only other first rnd valued QB, RB and WR on the board all who could be coveted by other teams and all who could be drafted by the Raiders.

If a tremendous trade down wasn't offered then we could take DJ or the best OT probably Barron. Neither of these scenarios is bad.

So here is hoping that Rolle has a tremendous combine and cleveland loves him.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'll draft a QB in the first regardless of Mac's decision. If they think Billy is the future and I think they do then we won't draft one. Now if they see a potential star in the 3rd round or beyond then they probably will draft him. I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted Walters or Orlovsky in the third, but I don't think Smith or Rogers is worth the 6th pick. If we can't get DJ with the sixth pick then we definately need to trade down with someone. We just can't afford to reach for a player.
Chi town Titan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: QB in draft Reply with quote

There's no way we take rodgers or smith with our first round pick. I agree that if we arent going to take DJ then we should maybe trade down. I feel Volek is a good QB. If you watched the games he played(granted he was playing some bad defenses) but he put up Madden videogame type numbers. The defense that gave up nearly the most in the NFL is what needs help.
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a little team mock draft I would like to see us do:
1st RD: Derrick Johnson LB
2nd RD: Carlos Rodgers CB
3rd RD: Michael Munoz OT
4th RD: Claude Terrel OG
5th-7th: Add depth, can never get a good solid starter here unless someone really slips.
Offseason Moves:
FA's
Dyson-Gone (replaced with Woolfork and Rodgers)
Mason-Really hate to see it, but I think with the caps he's gone
Carter-Renegoiate and moved back to normal position
Rolle-Renegoiate
Schulters-Renegoiate
(Tell me if I'm missing something I get lost with these FA's some time)
Plaxico Burress-Signed for a three year deal, said he's definetly leaving the Steelers (although he was probably just frustrated)
I don't think will get another RB (maybe draft one in the late first day) because of cap problems, but the only ones I see us taking are Lamont Jordan (says he'll stay in New York) and Reuben Droughns (who I would really like, I don't think it was the system and he is a power runner that fights for every yard which I think everyone believes we need).

Comments are appreciated and inform me if I made a mistake anywhere.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if its Aaron Rogers but not Alex Smith.

If Mase goes we defintely will take a WR. All we have is Bennett and Calico. And we would be losing a pro bowl WR. So Edwards or Williams can fill his shoes.

I heard the tampa is real close to getting Travis Henry for buffalo for a second round pick.
And there are tryin to get a WR too. I think they are targeting DJ.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Carlos Rogers falls to our second round pick I'll be ecstatic. He's arguabley the 2nd best corner in the draft. Everything else in your mock, Burton, looks good. I'm still not sure Mason will leave.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton wrote:
Heres a little team mock draft I would like to see us do:
1st RD: Derrick Johnson LB
2nd RD: Carlos Rodgers CB
3rd RD: Michael Munoz OT
4th RD: Claude Terrel OG
5th-7th: Add depth, can never get a good solid starter here unless someone really slips.
Offseason Moves:
FA's
Dyson-Gone (replaced with Woolfork and Rodgers)
Mason-Really hate to see it, but I think with the caps he's gone
Carter-Renegoiate and moved back to normal position
Rolle-Renegoiate
Schulters-Renegoiate
(Tell me if I'm missing something I get lost with these FA's some time)
Plaxico Burress-Signed for a three year deal, said he's definetly leaving the Steelers (although he was probably just frustrated)
I don't think will get another RB (maybe draft one in the late first day) because of cap problems, but the only ones I see us taking are Lamont Jordan (says he'll stay in New York)

There is no way we can afford both Lamont Jordan and Plaxice Burres. I doubt if we will even have a semi-legitimate shot at getting either of them.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us get Ernest Shazor.
If we trade down one orr two spots we should get another 2nd round out of that...
so it would be great to get Ernest Shazor and Carlos Rogers.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get Shazor and let Schulters go. My prediction is that if he is on the board the Patriots take him in the 1st to follow in Rodney Harrison's shoes unless a stud LB falls since their LBs are getting up their in age.

I think a decent CB will be available in the early 2nd and possibly even with our 3rd pick. hopefully we get a 3rd comp for Kearse, but wouldn't be surprised if it was a 4th. But the comp or early 4th should be a RB unless Fason or Barber are available in the 3rd
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Smith or Rodgers falling to #6??? Reply with quote

QB in the top ten = BIG TIME SIGNING BONUS AND HUGE CONTRACT.

Not gonna happen people. They will have teams knocking down the War Room door wanting to trade up if that happened.
titans will return

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok yall are all going crazy we are not going to draft a qb 1st we are not going to draft a rb 1st unless we trade chris brown and thats highly doubtfull we will draft the best player available at the sixth spot that can come come in and start righ away it might be mike williams braylon edwards derrick johnson antrell rolle alex barron who knows. i also have a mock draft.
the titans trade shulters for a 3rd round and mason for a 2nd

1.Derrick johnson olb Texas
2.Adam"Pac-Man" Jones cb i think west virginia but i tend to mix Wv w/ cal
2.Michael Munoz Ot Ut
3.Roddy White WR UAB
3.Wess britt ot Bama
4.Devin Hester miami fl
5.Chad Owens Wr Hawaii
6.Mike nugent k
7.depth added
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason might get a 3rd.
I agree with ya that we'll get best available but who knows at this point who it is.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason will not leave. or at least i hope he doesn't.

As for the draft i hope we get DJ in the 1st round. whatever we pick it must be for the D in my opinion. Please dont take a RB in the 1st round that's what i hope we don't do.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
ok yall are all going crazy we are not going to draft a qb 1st we are not going to draft a rb 1st unless we trade chris brown and thats highly doubtfull we will draft the best player available at the sixth spot that can come come in and start righ away it might be mike williams braylon edwards derrick johnson antrell rolle alex barron who knows. i also have a mock draft.

2.Michael Munoz Ot Ut
3.Roddy White WR UAB
3.Wess britt ot Bama
4.Devin Hester miami fl
5.Chad Owens Wr Hawaii
6.Mike nugent k
7.depth added

No way that Jones fals to the 2nd round. He will most likely be the 2nd corner taken behind rolle, and Devin Hester is not in the draft
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:

2.Michael Munoz Ot Ut
3.Roddy White WR UAB
3.Wess britt ot Bama
4.Devin Hester miami fl
5.Chad Owens Wr Hawaii
6.Mike nugent k
7.depth added

No way that Jones fals to the 2nd round. He will most likely be the 2nd corner taken behind rolle, and Devin Hester is not in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: