Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Butler's Knee Injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halradio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Butler's Knee Injury Reply with quote

I has just been reported that starting CB Butler's knee injury is a lot more serious than previously diagnosed and may require season ending surgery.

Supposedly he can play through it; however, he hasn't practiced since 29 July and will be a shell of the CB that snagged 5 INTs last season.

In my opinion, the Rams should place him on IR and have him get the surgery. A CB that can't back pedal or cut effectively is going to be a huge liability.

Which brings up the next question of who will replace him. I am thinking Bartell may be a starting corner sooner than anticipated.

On another note, maybe those rumors of the Rams making a run in the Ty Law derby weren't as unfounded as previously reported.
aheineken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew releasing Dwight Anderson was gonna come back and bite them in the [inappropriate/removed]. He was looking really good in camp, but he misses curfew and gets sent packing.

There's no way in hell Bartell will be ready to start this year, at any point in the season. He's mugging the receivers in practice because he can't keep up with them. Looks like our starting corners will be Travis Fisher and Corey Ivy, with the nickel and dimes being Bartell and Groce or Hawthorne.

Are there any good corners still in FA or on a the trade block?
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Akron Zips
Halradio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised they released Anderson as well.

Although I think his blown assignment in last Saturday night's practice had more to do with it than his missing curfew.

I heard Ivy is having a great camp as well and should be an adequate replacement.

We should have a better idea of what the secondary is going to look like after the first two pre-season games.

As far as FA DBs there isn't much out there right now. If the Rams are going to trade for somebody they are going to have to do it right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: