You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starters last year cut this year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Starters last year cut this year. Reply with quote

From what I have heard and read I would be surprised that either Barns or Tucker make the team this year. Barns was nothing special at FB last year and has has played so well this summer that BP has talked about not having any FB on the roster but adding an extra TE. Tucker seeems to be the fifth tackle. Adams is set at LT and Rogers, if he can stay health, might have won RT. Vollers is a nice back up becuse he can play both spots and Petitti seems to be having a nice camp.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can definitely see both of those guys getting released.

Parcells has mentioned what a good offseason Polite has had, and they switched Bickerstaff to FB. With Barnes not being that great last year, then getting benched in the last game, and now struggling with an ankle injury, he is gone.

As for Tucker, it is obvious that he is toast. He was supposed to be in the 3 man battle for the RT job. When Jacob Rogers was working 1st team, Vollers was 2nd, Tucker was 3rd team. Then when Rogers got hurt and the coaches had Vollers backing up both OT positions but not starting at either, the coaches made Petitti the 1st team RT. He had been working at LT, but the coaches have so little confidence in Tucker, a rookie LT is the 1st teamer at RT over Tucker. The writing is on the wall. Unless there is a major injury, Tucker might as well pack his gear and get ready to leave.

My how the years have flown by.
SMASHMOUTH 31ROY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance to Tucker fat lazy bum. Barnes on the other hand is probably going to be a victim of the numbers game. If Tyson Thompson wins the return job Barnes is probably out. If TT wins that job we will get 4 HB doesnt leave much room for Barnes. Who will probably be behin Bickerstaff on the FB depth chart.

Thanks for the sig Mighty Mouse 07!!
TO is the first playmaker in Big D since #88
Julius21Jones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is bickerstaff doing at fullback anyway,i thought polite was ahead of barnes a nd bickerstaff at fullback

phinsforlife on the sig
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:
how is bickerstaff doing at fullback anyway,i thought polite was ahead of barnes a nd bickerstaff at fullback

I think he got hurt and so did barnes so polite has his chance to step up and not get cut.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: