You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Prospects Top 5 By Position
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCFAN09

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Prospects Top 5 By Position Reply with quote

[content removed by mod]
mission27

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this should be in the nlf draft forum but whatever.

Harper's throwing motion REALLY concerns me. Its just weird, reminds me a bit of Andrew Woodson. If it turns out not to be a problem I could see him going pretty high though.

Andre smith needs to be 1 or 2 at tackle. 2 I think but definitely not out of top 5.

At DT why would the top two guys Moala and Woods not even be on the list?
ATL_FAN

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Smith not even on your board?? That guy could be the #1 overall pick next year.
ASM

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moala DT from USC is a possible top five pick so he should be on your list. And it's Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State, Mike Jenkins was this year.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this to the Draft forum.
ttrraavviiss

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments on 2 players:

Darius Hill, TE, Ball State

He shouldn't be in the top 5...Basically just a big WR playing TE in a wide open offense, where he's never asked to block anyone. He plays too high, and has no build to his frame..really thin. He also doesn't possess great speed..he's a long strider, with probably 4.75 type speed. He does a great job using his height and size to his advantage though..but again..not the most overly physical guy in the world.

He'll either go very early..or very late, because he has some special ability (Going up for a ball, endzone target)..but severely lacks in others (Blocking, stretching the field)...some team may find a use for him like the Jets will use Keller..but he's really not that type of player..so I'm not sure where he fits in...tough player to project.

The other...Derek Pegues, DB, Mississippi State...I'm already on this guys bandwagon. I think he's not only the best safety...but the best defensive back, corners included, in the draft. Just a flat out playmaker with insane ball skills and a nose for the ball...Compact and solid tackler who can play in a zone or man scheme. Has a ton of interceptions in his career...Also provides as a dangerous return man, has 2 PR touchdowns in the last 2 years..as well as seeing time on kick returns as well. I'm not sure how we'll test, because I think he's more of a football player than he is a workout guy...A little stiff at times, but this guy has a nose for the ball that is almost Ed Reed like. If he runs in the 4.4's, top 15 pick..guaranteed.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: check yoself Reply with quote

Cullen Harper #1? She palys in the ACC th Almost Comunity College league and he only had 27 tds last year with 13 coming in 3 games against Louisiana-Monroe, Furman, and Central Michigan... yeah he's awesome....NOT

Also where is last year's heisman winner and record holder Tim Tebow as well as Sam Bradford?
NCAABB & FB- Syracuse Orange
BuckeyeSloopy82

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible list

Matt Stafford is the number 1 QB

Moreno over Beanie Wells ludicrous statement

James Laurinaitis not a physical specimen Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation WHAT???

and its Malcolm Jenkins not Micael Jenkins

BBL on the Sig
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Michael Johnson is a TERRIBLE fit for the 4-3 ATM. He is like 6'7", 245 lbs, which is near on half the weight he needs to play there. Adding to that, he has had a total of 4 (FOUR) sacks last year, which kinda tells me that he isn't in the top DE prospects right now
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:
http://www.walterfootball.com/mattfiveoffense.php

http://www.walterfootball.com/mattfivedefense.php

To avoid pawning this off as your own KCFAN09, you should provide a link and quotes... but don't quote the entire article. It looks like everyone here thinks these are your personal rankings.

Next time please post the link and use quotes; otherwise this is considered plaigiarizing and that's not allowed here.

ttrraavviiss wrote:
The other...Derek Pegues, DB, Mississippi State...I'm already on this guys bandwagon. I think he's not only the best safety...but the best defensive back, corners included, in the draft. Just a flat out playmaker with insane ball skills and a nose for the ball...Compact and solid tackler who can play in a zone or man scheme. Has a ton of interceptions in his career...Also provides as a dangerous return man, has 2 PR touchdowns in the last 2 years..as well as seeing time on kick returns as well. I'm not sure how we'll test, because I think he's more of a football player than he is a workout guy...A little stiff at times, but this guy has a nose for the ball that is almost Ed Reed like. If he runs in the 4.4's, top 15 pick..guaranteed.

I actually agree with the Ed Reed comparison. I love this guy. I saw 6-7 MSU games last season and he stood out in every single one of them. He's got great ball skills, excellent speed, and is one of the top return men in the country. Plus he always seems to make his plays at critical points in a game. You can't teach that, and it's one of the best qualities a player can have.

Thing is, he's too slight to be a starting safety in the NFL right now. He's only 5"10 190 lbs, so he might have to move to CB, even though he's a much better fit at FS from an instincts standpoint. He also doesn't tackle very well either. Those two huge factors will drop him to at least the late 1st round or 2nd round. That's why I have William Moore as the top safety in this draft. Moore is the same type of playmaking player, but he can also play the run well and deliver the big hit.

Last edited by BatCountry! on Fri May 09, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThaBoyzAndThaU

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttrraavviiss wrote:

Yeah, Pegues is a big time player, Mays,Rolle,Pegues and Moore are all 1st rounders in my eyes.

Sig by delphem
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
Man, Michael Johnson is a TERRIBLE fit for the 4-3 ATM. He is like 6'7", 245 lbs, which is near on half the weight he needs to play there. Adding to that, he has had a total of 4 (FOUR) sacks last year, which kinda tells me that he isn't in the top DE prospects right now

Once again, he only had 4 sacks because he didn't start. Georgia Tech had 2 seniors entrenched in the starting positions last year, Robertson and Adamm Oliver. Now that he's a starter he should have much better production. But I agree that he shouldn't be ranked as one of the top DEs right now over Hardy or Middleton.

However, by just looking at his weight and saying he's a terrible fit for the 4-3, you tell me that you have no clue what you're talking about. He's a great fit for the 4-3. He has extremely long arms to fend off opposing tackles. Despite his height, when he starts in his 3-point stance he plays low and with great leverage. Even weighing only 245, he still holds his own in the running game. He has the frame to fill out and gain another 35 lbs without losing any quickness. Imagine if he weighed 280? Like I've said in other threads, Johnson has frequently flashed greatness. Just as an example, vs. BC Gosder Cherilus committed 3 holding penalities against Johnson - and Johnson only played 10-15 plays that game because of the DE rotation.

Michael Johnson is not a 3-4 OLB prospect as the media is telling you. He's a prototypical 4-3 end. Hopefully people will start realizing that soon.
ttrraavviiss

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson has the frame to get to 275 or so, easily. He's long, and lean with huge arms. His potential is through the roof...People need to stop harping on what they did or didn't do as sophomores (Same goes with you ridiculous Stafford haters), and realize their potential. No one drafts a player based on how good they were in college...Its how good they WILL BE in the NFL. Thats why the word potential is used so often...

Michael Johnson, if he goes into the combine around 260 or so, and that should easily be attainable...and has a good year (6-8+ sacks), and shows an array of technique/ability to get to the QB...He'll be one of the first players off the board. Pass rushers with that physique go early and often..

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Prospects Top 5 By Positio Reply with quote

KCFAN09 wrote:

Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Is a very fast player, but I don't see the all-around receiving skills just yet.
William Moore, Missouri
Outstanding production and leadership, but speed is on the short side. Reminds me of John Lynch.

Maclin- 80 catches 1055 yards 9 TD...I'd say the receiving skills are there!
Moore- He runs a 4.4 forty and if you watch him play he is an absolute ballhawk...unlike Lynch who isn't known for ball skills just his physicality

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
titan52490

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Prospects Top 5 By Positio Reply with quote

KCFAN09 wrote:
Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Is a very fast player, but I don't see the all-around receiving skills just yet.

William Moore, Missouri
Outstanding production and leadership, but speed is on the short side. Reminds me of John Lynch.

You've never seen these two play have you? Moore is very fast. 4.4 speed. Maclin has fantastic receiving skills. I don't really see how you could come up with this.

Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: