Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers VS Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelyMcBeam


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 661
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does'nt matter who the Browns have on defense, we are still going to run all over them, even with our bad line.
_________________
shawn l brown wrote:
the case is a sham and on nfl network said that ga dose not need d and a from ben because... said i can get some money out of this d and a dont lie and again there is no proof
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobBrown


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 5189
Location: P-Cola, FL
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
BobBrown wrote:
spush wrote:
Quote:
Coaching--Cleve--slight edge to Romeo..Tomlin still learning



Rolling Eyes

Romeo, 3 division wins in 3 years



exaggerate much?

spush wrote:


You cite Chudzinski, yet not Lebeau

Steelers set franchise records with Arians as well

you can buy a DL, but you cant buy team chemistry


LeBeau is awesome....where was he in that first Jax game?

What chemistry do you have on the O-Line?.....you don't even know the difference between starters and backups......or what position they will be playing.


It's funny how you have to reference another team, because yours has yet to do anything.

Maybe you should reference your team when talking about the Steelers running game.


HUH? Confused
_________________

Pre-SB Championships vs SB Championships thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49848
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobBrown wrote:
spush wrote:
Quote:
Coaching--Cleve--slight edge to Romeo..Tomlin still learning



Rolling Eyes

Romeo, 3 division wins in 3 years



exaggerate much?

spush wrote:


You cite Chudzinski, yet not Lebeau

Steelers set franchise records with Arians as well

you can buy a DL, but you cant buy team chemistry


LeBeau is awesome....where was he in that first Jax game?

What chemistry do you have on the O-Line?.....you don't even know the difference between starters and backups......or what position they will be playing.


You have to be the most clueless Browns homer on this board.

I found it particularly funny when you said your draft picks would make a big impact, but ours wouldnt.

And as much crap as you talk about our OLine sucking, what has your fat, lazy, stripper beating NT proven? What has any of your DLine proven? Nothing at all. Thats right.

Dont worry about our OLine. Our OLine sucked last year and we still managed 10 wins, had a QB that set franchise records and the 2nd highest QB rating in the league, and a RB who led the league in rushing until he got hurt. We will have one downgrade but two upgrades on our Line, so dont you worry. The Steelers have a history of being able to plug holes well. Cant say the same about the Browns. Crying or Very sad

And CERTAINLY dont worry about LeBeau. We have had a top 10 defense every year he has been Defensive coordinator. Let me know when the Browns can manage even a top 20 defense. Ouch.

Please, go back to the Browns board, which is obviously an alternate universe where success is dependent on who you get in free agency. Here in reality, we'll wait until the season to cast judgment.

And yeah, spush was really exaggerating. It wasnt just 3 division wins in 3 years. It was 4. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobBrown


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 5189
Location: P-Cola, FL
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:


You have to be the most clueless Browns homer on this board.

I found it particularly funny when you said your draft picks would make a big impact, but ours wouldnt.

And as much crap as you talk about our OLine sucking, what has your fat, lazy, stripper beating NT proven? What has any of your DLine proven? Nothing at all. Thats right.

Dont worry about our OLine. Our OLine sucked last year and we still managed 10 wins, had a QB that set franchise records and the 2nd highest QB rating in the league, and a RB who led the league in rushing until he got hurt. We will have one downgrade but two upgrades on our Line, so dont you worry. The Steelers have a history of being able to plug holes well. Cant say the same about the Browns. Crying or Very sad

And CERTAINLY dont worry about LeBeau. We have had a top 10 defense every year he has been Defensive coordinator. Let me know when the Browns can manage even a top 20 defense. Ouch.

Please, go back to the Browns board, which is obviously an alternate universe where success is dependent on who you get in free agency. Here in reality, we'll wait until the season to cast judgment.

And yeah, spush was really exaggerating. It wasnt just 3 division wins in 3 years. It was 4. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!


In all seriousness: With the high quality of your posting, I thought you surely could read.

I now see that you are either unable to, or are refusing to address the points I clearly made about what you just questioned.

Talk to me about what I have already said, if you really have a point.

FourThreeMafia wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:
BobBrown wrote:
Yeah there really is nothing wrong with this starting o-line. It's all just a bunch of hype. You'll be fine with these guys

A Browns fan talking about hype, pretty ironic huh? Shaun Rogers, Correy Williams and the Brown's D-Line anyone?


Exactly.

That DLine is no more proven than our OLine.


Well let's see if that is true

Our D-Line:

Corey Williams- Franchised by the 13-3 NFCN winner, an elite pass rusher with 14 sacks the past two years

Shaun Rogers- an elite and often "unblockable" force, had "motivation" problems playing in "crazyland"

Shaun Smith- Played solid in a rotation last year with 62 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 passes defensed on a weak line

Robaire Smith-The brightest spot on a weak line with 56 tackles, 4 sacks, and 2 passes defensed

For your O-Line:

I'll use these starters since nobody seems to have a problem with them.

LT: Marvell Smith- Solid when healthy, but he hasn't been healthy very much over the past three years, missing 8 games. He will be 30 when the season starts.

LG: Chris Kemoeatu- 2 whole NFL starts in 2006....and he's replacing a HOF'er....this guy doesn't bother you a lot?

C: Justin Hartwig- He's on his 3rd team in four years....and hey, wasn't he a backup to rookie Kalil? Still better than Mahan....you hope Wink

RG: Kendall Simmons- Above average run blocker, average pass blocker.....he may be your BEST lineman

RT: Max Starks- I remember this guy......he used to be a starter, right? What happened to him? I know....I think he just needed 7 million for one year thrown at him to play good.

So....who's more proven????

HMMMMM.....looks like you're talking out of your spush Laughing (JK, spush)

Take off the black and gold glasses and tell me honestly that you would rather have that O-Line than that D-Line.

p.s. if you wanna start the stuff about "no experience in the 3-4"....just remember that S. Smith had never played in it before last year......look at his performance. He was hand-picked by Crennel for our defense, just like Rogers and Williams.
_________________

Pre-SB Championships vs SB Championships thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KSizzl3


Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 2417
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still go with our offensive line to be quite honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ErnestoGuevara


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2578
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's kind of a faulty comparison.

a more worthy comparison would be me saying i'd take my team in a heartbeat over yours Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobBrown


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 5189
Location: P-Cola, FL
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErnestoGuevara wrote:
that's kind of a faulty comparison.

a more worthy comparison would be me saying i'd take my team in a heartbeat over yours Wink


Are you talking to me?....because it was 43's comparison, not mine.
_________________

Pre-SB Championships vs SB Championships thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spush


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 13981
Location: On top of the world
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shaun Rogers- an elite and often "unblockable" force, had "motivation" problems playing in "crazyland"


yes, he single handedly anchored the stellar #23 ranked rush defense. Definately worth $42M.

And if Corey Williams having 14 sacks over 2 years makes him elite, James Harrison is on his way to Canton with 10 last year . Woodley, 4 sacks in 80 snaps played, 2 more in the playoffs.

And I agree, Shaun Smith and Robaire whats his name were part of a quality rotation last year. I cant even say that with a straight face

Rolling Eyes


BobBrown wrote:
HMMMMM.....looks like you're talking out of your spush


I can talk out of any orifice to own you. Its not that hard.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49848
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobBrown wrote:
In all seriousness: With the high quality of your posting, I thought you surely could read.

I now see that you are either unable to, or are refusing to address the points I clearly made about what you just questioned.

Talk to me about what I have already said, if you really have a point.


I can read just fine. I just have a tendency to skip over nonsense, which is what 90% of everything you type is made up of.

Dont try to question anybody on here about football knowledge, since you clearly lack the understanding of the game to have a worthwhile discussion about it.

And I addressed your points about LeBeau and our OLine, try to keep up.

BobBrown wrote:


Well let's see if that is true

Our D-Line:

Corey Williams- Franchised by the 13-3 NFCN winner, an elite pass rusher with 14 sacks the past two years


Thats because the Packers are smart. They franchise a backup DT only to trade him for a 2nd round pick. They didnt need him. And there was a reason he was a backup. What has he proven in the 3-4? Absolutely nothing.

BobBrown wrote:
Shaun Rogers- an elite and often "unblockable" force, had "motivation" problems playing in "crazyland"


Yeah, he is so elite that not many teams wanted him, including his own. Talent means nothing with a poor work ethic, which was questioned even coming out of college. So please dont think his poor work ethic was ONLY due to the fact he played in Detroit. I wouldnt expect you to know that though.

And NT in the 3-4 is more grueling than playing in the 4-3. With his laziness and bad knees, I doubt he lasts that long.

BobBrown wrote:
Shaun Smith- Played solid in a rotation last year with 62 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 passes defensed on a weak line

Robaire Smith-The brightest spot on a weak line with 56 tackles, 4 sacks, and 2 passes defensed


Both are average AT BEST. Both were part of the weak line.

BobBrown wrote:
For your O-Line:

I'll use these starters since nobody seems to have a problem with them.

LT: Marvell Smith- Solid when healthy, but he hasn't been healthy very much over the past three years, missing 8 games. He will be 30 when the season starts.


He is more than solid when healthy, and he had surgery this offseason. Youre right, he will be healthier this year than he has been in 2 years.

BobBrown wrote:
LG: Chris Kemoeatu- 2 whole NFL starts in 2006....and he's replacing a HOF'er....this guy doesn't bother you a lot?


This is the downgrade I spoke of, but Faneca wasnt exactly playing great. Kemo has been learning our system for years. Yes, he is unproven, but at least the Steelers know what they are getting with him.

BobBrown wrote:
C: Justin Hartwig- He's on his 3rd team in four years....and hey, wasn't he a backup to rookie Kalil? Still better than Mahan....you hope Wink


3rd team in 4 years...due to injuries. And sorry, if he stays healthy, he is easily and upgrade to Mahan.

BobBrown wrote:
RG: Kendall Simmons- Above average run blocker, average pass blocker.....he may be your BEST lineman


Simmons is very average, but proven. He has been our guard during a time in which weve had alot of success.

And Marvel SMith is our best lineman.

BobBrown wrote:
RT: Max Starks- I remember this guy......he used to be a starter, right? What happened to him? I know....I think he just needed 7 million for one year thrown at him to play good.


Yep, he was a starter on teams that had ALOT of success. He may not be elite, but he is very capable. Surely an upgrade over Colon.

BobBrown wrote:
So....who's more proven????


Neither is more proven, but at least the Steelers know what they are getting with these players, aside from Hartwig. And you gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder for a backup 4-3 DT and a guy who has a poor work ethic, bad character and 2 bad knees, and both, who in 4-5 years will be past their prime.

We are worried about our OLine, but rest assured, we arent worried about your DLine.

BobBrown wrote:
HMMMMM.....looks like you're talking out of your spush Laughing (JK, spush)

Take off the black and gold glasses and tell me honestly that you would rather have that O-Line than that D-Line.


Ill take that first part as a compliment. Spush probably knew more football coming out of the womb than you will ever know.

Im one of the most realistic posters on here, which is why I often get labeled as a pessimist by some of the other homer Steeler fans I know.

If someone wants to criticize the Steelers, Im fine with it IF they make valid points and know what they are talking about. You dont.

And why would I want your DLine?

Aaron Smith is better than Williams.
Hampton is light years better than Rogers.
Id take Keisel over whoever else you got.

Steelers DLine>>>>>>>>>>>Browns DLine.

And yes, the OLine concerns me, but you dont need to tell us we should be worried. Worry about your flash in the pan QB, or your washed up RB, your disgruntled TE, your unproven DLine, average at best LB corps and swiss cheese secondary.

You have enough holes on your own team to be pointing out ours.

BobBrown wrote:
p.s. if you wanna start the stuff about "no experience in the 3-4"....just remember that S. Smith had never played in it before last year......look at his performance. He was hand-picked by Crennel for our defense, just like Rogers and Williams.


Yes, and Shaun Smith really did great on that 30th ranked defense. And please dont bring up tackles. They dont do much in proving the worth of a player. Ive watched Shaun Smith play. He is pretty average. Stop gap at best. He doesnt scare anyone.

And you dont think Crennel picked out the other DLineman youve had since he has been there?

Williams and Rogers were PANIC moves. Brought in in a desperate attempt to fix whats been a terrible DLine. If they dont work out, which a very distinct possibility, you guys will be set back for years.

Better cross your fingers, Bobby.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moose6870


Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 991
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say all of that, but I'm glad you saved me 15 minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11903
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im one of the most realistic posters on here, which is why I often get labeled as a pessimist by some of the other homer Steeler fans I know.


I'm not a "homer"!!! Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobBrown


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 5189
Location: P-Cola, FL
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:


I can read just fine. I just have a tendency to skip over nonsense, which is what 90% of everything you type is made up of.



If it really is "nonsense" to a Steelers fan....I must be doing something right

FourThreeMafia wrote:


Dont try to question anybody on here about football knowledge, since you clearly lack the understanding of the game to have a worthwhile discussion about it.



I clearly lack your understanding that I have been studying football since you were liklely "soiling" your undergarment

FourThreeMafia wrote:


And I addressed your points about LeBeau and our OLine, try to keep up.



I'm a big fan of Lebeau (hence my questioning your reading ability)......and no you haven't

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:


Well let's see if that is true

Our D-Line:

Corey Williams- Franchised by the 13-3 NFCN winner, an elite pass rusher with 14 sacks the past two years


Thats because the Packers are smart. They franchise a backup DT only to trade him for a 2nd round pick. They didnt need him. And there was a reason he was a backup. What has he proven in the 3-4? Absolutely nothing.



A "backup" that started half the games? And what does starting mean anyway there chief?

You don't seem to know much about football, if you think there is so much difference to what he will be asked to do here and what he has already proved he can do in GB.

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
Shaun Rogers- an elite and often "unblockable" force, had "motivation" problems playing in "crazyland"


Yeah, he is so elite that not many teams wanted him, including his own. Talent means nothing with a poor work ethic, which was questioned even coming out of college. So please dont think his poor work ethic was ONLY due to the fact he played in Detroit. I wouldnt expect you to know that though.

And NT in the 3-4 is more grueling than playing in the 4-3. With his laziness and bad knees, I doubt he lasts that long.



Not many teams?..Do you read sports news much? ..just his own team there sunshine...you know the completely logical Lions, right?

Oh so he will be our exclusive NT?....again you show that you don't know much

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
Shaun Smith- Played solid in a rotation last year with 62 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 passes defensed on a weak line

Robaire Smith-The brightest spot on a weak line with 56 tackles, 4 sacks, and 2 passes defensed


Both are average AT BEST. Both were part of the weak line.



Above average on a below average line......exaggerate much 43? Dlinemen that have a lot of tackles and plays on the QB with sacks, pressures, and passes defensed don't just "happen" to average players.


FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
For your O-Line:

I'll use these starters since nobody seems to have a problem with them.

LT: Marvell Smith- Solid when healthy, but he hasn't been healthy very much over the past three years, missing 8 games. He will be 30 when the season starts.


He is more than solid when healthy, and he had surgery this offseason. Youre right, he will be healthier this year than he has been in 2 years.



Thank you Ms. Cleo Very Happy

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
LG: Chris Kemoeatu- 2 whole NFL starts in 2006....and he's replacing a HOF'er....this guy doesn't bother you a lot?


This is the downgrade I spoke of, but Faneca wasnt exactly playing great. Kemo has been learning our system for years. Yes, he is unproven, but at least the Steelers know what they are getting with him.



Sorry....Faneca was playing pretty bad last year....that's why your rushing game was so good, right? Rolling Eyes

So who was playing so great last year then, if not Faneca?

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
C: Justin Hartwig- He's on his 3rd team in four years....and hey, wasn't he a backup to rookie Kalil? Still better than Mahan....you hope Wink


3rd team in 4 years...due to injuries. And sorry, if he stays healthy, he is easily and upgrade to Mahan.



And so am I Wink

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
RG: Kendall Simmons- Above average run blocker, average pass blocker.....he may be your BEST lineman


Simmons is very average, but proven. He has been our guard during a time in which weve had alot of success.

And Marvel SMith is our best lineman.



Smith would be your best lineman...if (there's that word again).......he can stay healthy, which he is not likely to d0...given his age and lack of help.

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
RT: Max Starks- I remember this guy......he used to be a starter, right? What happened to him? I know....I think he just needed 7 million for one year thrown at him to play good.


Yep, he was a starter on teams that had ALOT of success. He may not be elite, but he is very capable. Surely an upgrade over Colon.



Do you mean "richer" than Colon...or more talented?

FourThreeMafia wrote:

BobBrown wrote:
So....who's more proven????


Neither is more proven, but at least the Steelers know what they are getting with these players, aside from Hartwig. And you gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder for a backup 4-3 DT and a guy who has a poor work ethic, bad character and 2 bad knees, and both, who in 4-5 years will be past their prime.



You may need surgery to remove those blinders.

Your o-line is clearly unproven.
You are basically saying that our D-line is unproven because the season has not started yet.....that is a very weak point.

FourThreeMafia wrote:


We are worried about our OLine, but rest assured, we arent worried about your DLine.



Who do you have to block Rogers and Williams and Wimbley then? They all can command doubles.

FourThreeMafia wrote:


BobBrown wrote:
HMMMMM.....looks like you're talking out of your spush Laughing (JK, spush)

Take off the black and gold glasses and tell me honestly that you would rather have that O-Line than that D-Line.


Ill take that first part as a compliment. Spush probably knew more football coming out of the womb than you will ever know.

Im one of the most realistic posters on here, which is why I often get labeled as a pessimist by some of the other homer Steeler fans I know.



Ask spush that same question.....

I think you have usually been very realistic....which is why it suprises me that you have so little concern about your O-Line

FourThreeMafia wrote:


If someone wants to criticize the Steelers, Im fine with it IF they make valid points and know what they are talking about. You dont.

And why would I want your DLine?

Aaron Smith is better than Williams.
Hampton is light years better than Rogers.
Id take Keisel over whoever else you got.

Steelers DLine>>>>>>>>>>>Browns DLine.



Remeber you said that.....ok?

FourThreeMafia wrote:



And yes, the OLine concerns me, but you dont need to tell us we should be worried. Worry about your flash in the pan QB, or your washed up RB, your disgruntled TE, your unproven DLine, average at best LB corps and swiss cheese secondary.



We have two QBs...remember?
Lewis was washed up when he ran for 1300 yards and 9 TDs? Confused
You'll see the rest in September.


FourThreeMafia wrote:

You have enough holes on your own team to be pointing out ours.

BobBrown wrote:
p.s. if you wanna start the stuff about "no experience in the 3-4"....just remember that S. Smith had never played in it before last year......look at his performance. He was hand-picked by Crennel for our defense, just like Rogers and Williams.


Yes, and Shaun Smith really did great on that 30th ranked defense. And please dont bring up tackles. They dont do much in proving the worth of a player. Ive watched Shaun Smith play. He is pretty average. Stop gap at best. He doesnt scare anyone.



Dopn't bring up tackles? The don't prove the worth of a player in the secondary....but come on....it is not just the number of tackles, it is where they are made on the field.

Smith and Smith were making all those tackles at or near the LOS. That doesn't mean anything? You don't know anything about football, or defense ,if you believe that.

FourThreeMafia wrote:


And you dont think Crennel picked out the other DLineman youve had since he has been there?

Williams and Rogers were PANIC moves. Brought in in a desperate attempt to fix whats been a terrible DLine. If they dont work out, which a very distinct possibility, you guys will be set back for years.



The "panic moves" were the first few years..scrambling to find 3-4 players and so-forth.

Now it is about dominating the "competition" in the division.....but you'll soon see Wink

FourThreeMafia wrote:


Better cross your fingers, Bobby.


Mine were crossed 3 years ago....now it's your turn Laughing
_________________

Pre-SB Championships vs SB Championships thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10941
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're legitimate points though Brown.

Williams main responsibility in the 3-4 DE spot is for taking up blockers, freeing up the LB's for plays. If he was a rotation guy in GB, and taken out out on most running plays, doesnt that stand to be a legitimate question. Therefore, when he was in for passing plays, he was fresh.Playing full-time is also a legitimate question.

Im not being a homer either, me and 43 Mafia are 2 of the more clear-thinking Steelers fans on this site.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moose6870


Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 991
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BobBrown"]
FourThreeMafia wrote:



1. A "backup" that started half the games? And what does starting mean anyway there chief?

You don't seem to know much about football, if you think there is so much difference to what he will be asked to do here and what he has already proved he can do in GB.



2. Not many teams?..Do you read sports news much? ..just his own team there sunshine...you know the completely logical Lions, right?

Oh so he will be our exclusive NT?....again you show that you don't know much



3. Above average on a below average line......exaggerate much 43? Dlinemen that have a lot of tackles and plays on the QB with sacks, pressures, and passes defensed don't just "happen" to average players.

Dopn't bring up tackles? The don't prove the worth of a player in the secondary....but come on....it is not just the number of tackles, it is where they are made on the field.

Smith and Smith were making all those tackles at or near the LOS. That doesn't mean anything? You don't know anything about football, or defense ,if you believe that.




4. LG: Chris Kemoeatu- 2 whole NFL starts in 2006....and he's replacing a HOF'er....this guy doesn't bother you a

Sorry....Faneca was playing pretty bad last year....that's why your rushing game was so good, right? Rolling Eyes

So who was playing so great last year then, if not Faneca?

Who do you have to block Rogers and Williams and Wimbley then? They all can command doubles.





5. Lewis was washed up when he ran for 1300 yards and 9 TDs? Confused
You'll see the rest in September.







I numbered things I would like to comment on

1. Corey Williams - He started 20 of the last 32 games, and the ones he didn't start, was a backup. For starting that many games, and playing in obvious passing situations in all of them, 7 sacks a season is far from above average. 35 tackles is nothing to brag about either, especially when coming from a 4-3 defensive linemen.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200802120417/PKR01/802120468

Quote:
Thompson could use the Packers' franchise tag on Williams by the Feb. 21 deadline, and said Monday he has not ruled out that possibility, though the $6.263 million tender would be high for a rotational player at a deep position.





2. Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Jets, and Dolphins were the five teams interested in Shaun Rogers. I would at this time call none of these teams "elite." If there weren't playoff contenders interested, there is a good chance the guy isn't a great character guy. Is he an upgrade to the Browns line? Of course. But he isn't Warren Sapp which is what you guys apparently think he is.





3. A good defensive line doesn't give up
Game 1 - Willie Parker 109 yards
Game 2- Rudi Johnson 118 yards
Game 3 - Lamont Jordan 121 yards
Game 4 - Willis McGahee 104 yards
Game 5 - Sammy Morris 102 yards
Game 6 - Ronnie Brown 101 yards
Game 9 - Willie Parker 105 yards
Game 10 - Willis Mcgahee 102 yards
Game 11 - Ron Dayne 78 yards
Game 12 - Edgerrin James 114 yards
Game 13 - Thomas Jones 106 yards
Game 15 - Kenny Watson 130 yards
Game 16 - Frank Gore 94 yards

(Courtesy of clevelandbrowns.com)

That looks like 11 100 yard rushers, almost 12 with Frank Gore, AND a 78 yard performance by the wonderfully talented Ron Dayne.

If you wanna talk about d-line stats, those are the ones we should talk about. I can't see how tackles were being made around or behind the line of scrimmage if there were 11 100 yard rushers.

You are kind of going against your own logic. Why would your coaches bring in two "top flight" defensive linemen if the line before had played excellently?????




4. Faneca made the pro bowl simply on name last year. He was not even a top 10 guard in the league. Is it a downfall, yes. Is it significant, no.
You will see how average Faneca is if you watch a Jets game this year. The first game of the season, Kemo will be a downgrade, but by the end, it will be pretty close.

We bascially have the same offensive line with two upgrades and a downgrade. And they blocked Smith and Smith, who you are claiming are above average.

And since Wimbley is so awesome, lets check out how many total sacks he had in 2 games against the steelers last year. None. (Also courtesy of clevelandbrowns.com)




5. Jamal Lewis had a combined how many yards in two games against the steelers last year. 70 YARDS. Lets crown him. Since so many of those 1300 yards came against us.

His big rushing days last year came against Cincinnati (308 yards), Buffalo (163 yards), NYJ (118 yards), Houston (134 yards).

So what did he do against good teams???

Pit (70 yards) Baltimore (156 yards) Seattle (37 yards) STL (61 yards) this is the not so good team. those are 6 games, then you add in the 2 he missed, and he got the majority of his yards against matador defenses.

These number again were courtesy of clevelandbrowns.com




I can't get any harder statistics than that.....you can't dispute any of that, those are the numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49848
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobBrown wrote:
If it really is "nonsense" to a Steelers fan....I must be doing something right


Its not nonsense to a Steeler fan, its nonsense in general.


BobBrown wrote:
I clearly lack your understanding that I have been studying football since you were liklely "soiling" your undergarment


If youve been studying football since I was a baby, then you are a really slow learner, because its quite obvious you havent learned much.

And by the way, watching the Browns every Sunday and watching ESPN doesnt constitute as "studying"

BobBrown wrote:
I'm a big fan of Lebeau (hence my questioning your reading ability)......and no you haven't


You keep saying your a fan of LeBeau, but then you say something to knock on him, like asking where he was during the first Jacksonville game.

And to answer that question, he was probably trying to figure out a way to stop their running game with 2 vital players out.


BobBrown wrote:
A "backup" that started half the games? And what does starting mean anyway there chief?

You don't seem to know much about football, if you think there is so much difference to what he will be asked to do here and what he has already proved he can do in GB.


I already stated several times I thought Williams would be a great addition. But since all you seem to do is come over here and talk crap about our players, I figured Id do the same.

Still, the point remains, he hasnt proven he can play a full 16 game season at a high level at 3-4 DE. Hence, he is unproven in your system any which way you spin it.



BobBrown wrote:
Not many teams?..Do you read sports news much? ..just his own team there sunshine...you know the completely logical Lions, right?

Oh so he will be our exclusive NT?....again you show that you don't know much


5 or 6 teams, all with god awful DLines. And none were willing to give up what the Browns did for an unmotivated thug of a player.

And I know he wont be your exclusive NT, which brings us back to Shaun Smith, who is average. He isnt going to draw consistent double teams or dominate the LOS.

And you keep saying I dont know much, but you sure have a hard time proving it.

BobBrown wrote:
Above average on a below average line......exaggerate much 43? Dlinemen that have a lot of tackles and plays on the QB with sacks, pressures, and passes defensed don't just "happen" to average players.


DeWayne Robertson had similar stats to both of them, and he sucks.

So, I guess they happen to bad players too.


BobBrown wrote:
Thank you Ms. Cleo Very Happy


Nothing Ms Cleo about it. His back was in bad shape, he had surgery, and says he feels better than he has in awhile. Logic says, he will be healthier. Then again, logic isnt in your diction.

BobBrown wrote:
Sorry....Faneca was playing pretty bad last year....that's why your rushing game was so good, right? Rolling Eyes

So who was playing so great last year then, if not Faneca?


Faneca played above average, not great. None of the OLine played great. Go watch them. I shouldnt have to explain it to a guy who has supposedly studied football since I was soiling myself.

BobBrown wrote:

Smith would be your best lineman...if (there's that word again).......he can stay healthy, which he is not likely to d0...given his age and lack of help.


Smith still is our best lineman.

And you are calling me Ms Cleo, yet all you do is predict good things for the Browns and bad fortune for the Steelers.

Stop talking already.

Im going to stop here to prevent you any further humiliation.

Please, go back to the Browns board. We dont mind educated Browns fans coming over here, but you clearly arent one of them. Go celebrate your awesome offseason and brag about how you are supposedly going to crush us and win the division.

We know better.

Run along now, little buddy.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 3 of 102

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group