You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst Nightmare Ever!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daboys2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Worst Nightmare Ever!! Reply with quote

In Superstar mode in Madden 06 I was drafted by Washington Redskins. It was painful beating the cowboys in week two. I don't want to demand a trade because the skins D is tremendous. I haven't had an opponent score on me yet this season. What should I do?
Trojans14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: You Reply with quote

You should start over, and get drafted by a new team.

Then hope that we never bring this up again.

It could haunt you forever! Cool
shadow walker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what posittion are you playing?

i agree with T14, you should restart and be drafted by a team like the bucs.

one of the great ones on this site
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Nightmare Ever!! Reply with quote

Daboys2005 wrote:
In Superstar mode in Madden 06 I was drafted by Washington Redskins. It was painful beating the cowboys in week two. I don't want to demand a trade because the skins D is tremendous. I haven't had an opponent score on me yet this season. What should I do?

First, become friends with Clinton Portis. He likes defending his teammates no matter what the issues are.

Second, fire your agent for forcing you to sign a subpar contract that obviously doesn't reflect your value to the franchise, nor "true market value". Hire Drew Rosenhaus (the Poston Brothers will suffice as well) and threaten to hold out for the rest of the season unless you get a better deal with more guaranteed money, or press for a trade. We call this manuever the "Terrell Sean Taylor-Owens". And no matter the bad press, Portis will stick up for you saying that you "have your reasons" for this, and that you're a "class act".

During your pending holdout, cause as many problems as you possibly can, making a public spectacle of your talent, insulting salary, and faulty ownership of the organization. The more feathers you ruffle, the quicker Snyder will respond (the greasy wheel gets the most oil).

Once you're traded (you're too young for Daniel Snyder to overpay to keep...he only does that with over-the-hill veterans), sign a modest, cap friendly contract with your new team to add insult to injury. Make sure to mention in the pending press interview that the Washington Redskins organization is worthless and you were merely doing whatever it took to leave. Make sure to praise God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, a fig tree (for the pagans and druids) and your agent for the miraculous opportunity to prove yourself on a team the appreciates having you on it....unlike the Redskins.

That's my take on what you should do....but I don't think video games allow that to happen yet.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan9misfit, that was great, I really did LOL on that one.

Daboys2005, I would demand a trade. As many times as it took to get the hell out of Washington. What position are you playing?

My how the years have flown by.
Trojans14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan9,

great stuff! Cool

Make life easy on yourself...hit the reset button and start over.
Daboys2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Playing QB. I was thinking about demanding a trade but I don't want to get traded to the Giants or Eagles then I would really hate life. Plan9, I love you idea. I try it when I get home tonight after work. On another topic concerning Madden, Tedy Bruschi is my middle linebacker on the Skins. How does this happen? Also Peter Boulware is the outside Linebacker for the Boys? That is crazy. Has anybody who has the game been drafted by the boys?
BoysFanFromOttawa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot belive you actually made to the point of playing TWO games before telling us!!!! A REAL Boys fan would have re-started immediately!!!

Seriously... you actually played the Boys?!?! My god...
BoysFanFromOttawa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah and I'm still pissed I have to wait for the PC version... Mad
S.A.cowboyfan

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my Superstar as a QB and got drafted in the 3rd round by the Dolphins. After I got to see my stats and I had an overall of 87. WTF? Alex Smith was the first pick and wasn`t so high.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting 'GERONIMO'!!!
Daboys2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...BoysfanfromOttawa, I know I am disgrace to all Cowboy fans. Actually I did start over but I got drafted by the Broncos and I didn't like that either so I figure I would play with the skins until my contract(which now I will demand a trade) ended and try to get with the boys.
BoysFanFromOttawa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DaBoys... I don't speak to Redskins fans... Wink
droopedupmofo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen, and I just simmed as many games as it took before I could request a trade, and I got traded to the Patriots. Of course I didn't feel like playing as my guy as Brady's passing cone was about 3 times the size of mine.
thisnamesucks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ended up bein' a 5th rounder to the Chargers, came in as an 87 over-all with 93 speed at LOLB. though i may retry as many times as it takes to land on the 'Boys, i'm assuming i'd have to be a fourth round pick for that to happen

member#1877
Ware:
DraftMattJones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the foreskins in Franchise mode and they had Bruschi too. It really didn't matter though, I lit it up on those scrubs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: