Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

((UW))-The Official U-Dub Huskies Thread-((UW))
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JuggaLotus


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 8898
Location: Seattle WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: ((UW))-The Official U-Dub Huskies Thread-((UW)) Reply with quote

HOME OF THE DAWGS





The Dawgs 2009 schedule


DATE______________Team_____________Where at.__________Prediction
09/05/09___________LSU_____________Seattle, Wash._________LOSS
09/12/09___________Idaho____________Seattle, Wash._________ WIN
09/19/09___________USC_____________Seattle, Wash._________ LOSS
09/26/09___________Stanford__________Stanford, Calif.________ WIN
10/03/09___________Notre Dame_______South Bend___________ WIN
10/10/09___________Arizona___________Seattle, Wash_________ WIN
10/17/09___________Arizona State______Tempe, Ariz.__________ WIN
10/24/09___________Oregon___________Seattle, Wash.________ LOSS
11/07/09___________UCLA_____________Los Angeles, Calif.____ WIN
11/14/09___________Oregon State______Corvallis, Ore.________ LOSS
11/28/09___________Washington State___Seattle, Wash._______ WIN
12/05/09___________California_________Seattle, Wash.________ LOSS





Arrow KEY ADDITIONS: Coming...




Arrow KEY LOSES: Coming...






The Dawgs 2009 Coaching & Support Staff


Steve Sarkisian - Head Coach
Nick Holt - Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator
Doug Nussmeier - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
Mike Cox - Linebackers Coach
Dan Cozzetto - Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator
Jimmie Dougherty - Wide Receivers Coach
Demetrice Martin - Secondary/Cornerbacks Coach
Jeff Mills - Secondary/Safeties Coach
Johnny Nansen - Special Teams/Recruiting/Defense Line
Joel Thomas - Running Backs Coach
Torrey Myers - Defensive Program Assistant
Jared Blank - Dir. of Player Personnel
Dennis Slutak - Assistant Athletic Director for Football Operations






JuggaLotus's 2008 prediction..


We go 7-5 with the return of GOD and under a real coach
_________________


Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits


Last edited by JuggaLotus on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
viks_fan21


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 5831
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I only checked out this thread because I remembered that Washington signed Kavario Middleton. I think he will be one of the best players from this class, but I have a question on him. Tightend or defensive end at UW? Or both?

Also, I hate to say this in the Washington thread, but what is everyone's obsession with Jake Locker? I understand that he is a good runner, but he DID have more interceptions than passing touchdowns.
_________________
-- Kansas State University, 2013 --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JuggaLotus


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 8898
Location: Seattle WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks_fan21 wrote:
To be honest, I only checked out this thread because I remembered that Washington signed Kavario Middleton. I think he will be one of the best players from this class, but I have a question on him. Tightend or defensive end at UW? Or both?

Also, I hate to say this in the Washington thread, but what is everyone's obsession with Jake Locker? I understand that he is a good runner, but he DID have more interceptions than passing touchdowns.


He was a Freshmen and was a little inconsistent.. But he was almost the only player worth any thing on offense last year. He was the whole team and had zero WRs or TEs worth anything and a O-line that could not keep people out of his face. With him here now we have been able to bring in big recruits that like a superstar QB and a chance to play early. Kavario Middleton will be a TE and a huge help for Locker.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8


Watch some of Locker^^^
_________________


Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
viks_fan21


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 5831
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sounds of things, Kavario Middleton found a great fit in Washington. If the receivers and tightends are as bad as you say, he should instantly crack the two-deep, if not start. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the Locker/Middleton hookup this year.
_________________
-- Kansas State University, 2013 --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JuggaLotus


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 8898
Location: Seattle WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks_fan21 wrote:
From the sounds of things, Kavario Middleton found a great fit in Washington. If the receivers and tightends are as bad as you say, he should instantly crack the two-deep, if not start. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the Locker/Middleton hookup this year.


Not only did we not have great WRs, but our starting 2 from last year are gone. We will be relying on FR Middleton at TE and FR Chris Polk at WR a ton. I would keep an eye on Polk as well.
_________________


Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
immuhguy10


Joined: 22 Jan 2005
Posts: 12436
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard polk got blown up a couple times trying to block at the spring game lol.

anyways, watch a game of locker...he was our offense. i mean we had a decent o-line and rush game, but i give locker the credit there too. just watch him...hes a freak of an athlete with one STRONG arm. accuracy needs to be worked on but in the next couple years (prob not this because of the young talent around him) i expect him to make a heisman run
_________________

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
viks_fan21


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 5831
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will trust both of you guys about Locker. He sounds like he'll be pretty exciting to watch next year.
_________________
-- Kansas State University, 2013 --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JuggaLotus


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 8898
Location: Seattle WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immuhguy10 wrote:
I heard polk got blown up a couple times trying to block at the spring game lol.

anyways, watch a game of locker...he was our offense. i mean we had a decent o-line and rush game, but i give locker the credit there too. just watch him...hes a freak of an athlete with one STRONG arm. accuracy needs to be worked on but in the next couple years (prob not this because of the young talent around him) i expect him to make a heisman run


Well he is a wr. I did see him have a great 1 handed catch and he ran the ball pretty good on sweeps.
_________________


Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-Bo


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 650
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuggaLotus wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I heard polk got blown up a couple times trying to block at the spring game lol.

anyways, watch a game of locker...he was our offense. i mean we had a decent o-line and rush game, but i give locker the credit there too. just watch him...hes a freak of an athlete with one STRONG arm. accuracy needs to be worked on but in the next couple years (prob not this because of the young talent around him) i expect him to make a heisman run


Well he is a wr. I did see him have a great 1 handed catch and he ran the ball pretty good on sweeps.


He's not gonna be a HB?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
animaltested


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 14123
Location: Seattle/Seoul
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Bo wrote:
JuggaLotus wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I heard polk got blown up a couple times trying to block at the spring game lol.

anyways, watch a game of locker...he was our offense. i mean we had a decent o-line and rush game, but i give locker the credit there too. just watch him...hes a freak of an athlete with one STRONG arm. accuracy needs to be worked on but in the next couple years (prob not this because of the young talent around him) i expect him to make a heisman run


Well he is a wr. I did see him have a great 1 handed catch and he ran the ball pretty good on sweeps.


He's not gonna be a HB?


I heard T-Will and Lappano went down to Florida and watched them run their offense and talked alot to Urban about the spread. My best guess is UW uses Polk alot like Florida uses Pearcy Harvin.
_________________


Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
animaltested


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 14123
Location: Seattle/Seoul
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuggaLotus wrote:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8


Watch some of Locker^^^


You dont know how much that got me pumped for this year. Lockers bestey ness coupled with a top twenty recruiting class!

The sad thing is, Locker is one of the most exciting players in College Football, yet know body knows about him. Not even uber College Football fans know much about him. Apparently there is a thick fog over the NW that keeps anyone from looking in.
_________________


Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10457
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Locker had comparable passing stats a s a Freshman as Brady Quinn and Brady had a better team around him. Then add in the fact that Locker is BY FAR the best running QB in the nation and you have the reason why we are so excited (and don't give me that Tim Tebow crap, Tebow couldn't hold Locker's jock, all you gotta do is go watch tape of the two, Locker is far far better).

Jake Locker will be a Top 5 draft pick in the NFL and the 1st QB capable of running a true spread offense in the NFL.


You can quote me on that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JuggaLotus


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 8898
Location: Seattle WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
J-Bo wrote:
JuggaLotus wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I heard polk got blown up a couple times trying to block at the spring game lol.

anyways, watch a game of locker...he was our offense. i mean we had a decent o-line and rush game, but i give locker the credit there too. just watch him...hes a freak of an athlete with one STRONG arm. accuracy needs to be worked on but in the next couple years (prob not this because of the young talent around him) i expect him to make a heisman run


Well he is a wr. I did see him have a great 1 handed catch and he ran the ball pretty good on sweeps.


He's not gonna be a HB?


I heard T-Will and Lappano went down to Florida and watched them run their offense and talked alot to Urban about the spread. My best guess is UW uses Polk alot like Florida uses Pearcy Harvin.



Yep, that is what I was thinking as well. T-Will said he wants to use him on a bunch of fly sweeps.
_________________


Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
viks_fan21


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 5831
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Jake Locker had comparable passing stats a s a Freshman as Brady Quinn and Brady had a better team around him. Then add in the fact that Locker is BY FAR the best running QB in the nation and you have the reason why we are so excited (and don't give me that Tim Tebow crap, Tebow couldn't hold Locker's jock, all you gotta do is go watch tape of the two, Locker is far far better).

Jake Locker will be a Top 5 draft pick in the NFL and the 1st QB capable of running a true spread offense in the NFL.


You can quote me on that.

Just out of curiousity, where is Pat White on that list? Are you considering him a running back or what?
_________________
-- Kansas State University, 2013 --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10457
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks_fan21 wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Jake Locker had comparable passing stats a s a Freshman as Brady Quinn and Brady had a better team around him. Then add in the fact that Locker is BY FAR the best running QB in the nation and you have the reason why we are so excited (and don't give me that Tim Tebow crap, Tebow couldn't hold Locker's jock, all you gotta do is go watch tape of the two, Locker is far far better).

Jake Locker will be a Top 5 draft pick in the NFL and the 1st QB capable of running a true spread offense in the NFL.


You can quote me on that.

Just out of curiousity, where is Pat White on that list? Are you considering him a running back or what?


Jake Locker

















Pat White
Tim Tebow


Everytime Locker steps on the field he is the fastest (watch the video on my sig as he runs past DBs like they're standing still), with the best acceleration, elite vision and the best feet. He's also pound for pound one of the strongest.

Believe me, I don't gush about players very often. I'm usually known to be intensely critical, but Jake Locker is like throwing Chad Henne's throwing arm (strong, but sometimes he gets excited and overthrows and could use a little help on accuracy intermediate to deep, but is plenty accurate on the shorter stuff) with the field vision of Shaun Alexander, the power of Jerome Bettis, the feet of Barry Sanders and the leadership ability of John Elway. He's by far the most amazing individual player I have ever seen play football and never have I seen 1 player dominate as completely as he can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 1 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group