Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does the seahawks cap look like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: What does the seahawks cap look like? Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a seahawks draft here in my fantasy draft and am curious what their cap situations are, I assume if there is little money available and someone like Cadallic was still available, you would dump the large contract of alexander and franchise either Jones or Hasselbeck and hopefully sign both of them, do you see that as likely?

Also, what about Walter Jones, do you see him being resigned, I see cleveland probably trying to try really hard to get him, is there a possibility of a trade there?

~Lyuokdea
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

out of seattles big 3 (hass, jones, alexander), alexander is the one most likely to go. he put up big numbers, but isnt essential to the working of our west coast offense...expect hass to be signed first, and it is possible for walter to take longer, but if they had to franchise hiim again im sure they would..they should just pay him the money. anywasy, the hawks have about 30 million (i believe) in cap room, and we could sign everyone but wouldnt have much left over to help us out...so let shaun go, save some bucks there, get a rb in draft or FA, and find a veteran LB to come help out. or sign and trade shaun somewhere for some defensive help...miami possibly? (shaun to miami for zach thomas...we get our defense, they get their offense.)
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks currently have $24 million in cap space.
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing bonuses count vs. right.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jer gibbons wrote:
Signing bonuses count vs. right.

I'm not sure what your asking and I apologize if I'm answering the wrong question here....

But, the way a signing bonus works is that it gets prorated over the life of the agreement.

So...if a player gets a signing bonus of $10 million, and then he signs a contract for $1.5 million per year for 4 years, then the "cap hit" that we take is $4 million per year for the life of the agreement.

This is calculated by dividing the signing bonus of $10 million into 4 years which is $2.5 million per year.

Add that $2.5 million to the $1.5 million salary and you get the total hit of $4 million for each year.

If the player gets "cut" or traded before his contract runs out, then the entire amount remaining on his signing bonus will count against the current years salary if the move is made before June 1st, or it will count partially this year and partially next year if the move is made after June 1st. (That is why you see a lot of veteran players released right after June 1 of any given year...so that teams can split their signing bonus over two years instead of taking it all in the current year.)
J2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superhawk, You are a no good piece of bologna. You dont make any sense and i dont like you! J/K man... I was wondering about the signing bonus thing too. Thanks for the help! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: