Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!!!!1!!one11!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!!!!1!!one11! Reply with quote

Well, kids, here it is! The 2008 NFL Draft!

Welcome one and all!

This thread will be for general Draft talk, as well as discussing our Draft picks as they happen. Thngs like "I don't believe we took Mario Manningham at #4!!!!" belong here. Arguments about DMC do not!

Separate threads should be made, and are encouraged, to have more in-depth discussions about the picks that are made, and the trades that will undoubtedly be made on Saturday.

Please do NOT start a thread just to state the obvious, like "Oakland just took Chris Long" (no matter how wonderfully happy that would make us all) or "Oakland passed on DMC! whootz!" These things can be discussed here, in this thread. There is no extra credit given for being the first one to make a post just to say whom Oakland took, though there might be a few "Captain Obvious" awards given out.

Unfortunately, since this IS a weekend event, the 'Dawggy will NOT be here regularly. He has some job type thing and has the unfortunate responsibility of working....again....on Draft Weekend. Evidently he's had to work on draft weekend for 12 years in a row and we all need to feel sorry for him! Lucky for you, Padawan Craptakula will be with you most of the day with frequent (hopefully) visits from Los Global mods.

The most important thing is that we expect a the same high level of quality and respect that you guys all give us to be given to the guys who will be checking up on you and to each other.

*IF* a troll does come along, DO NOT respond to their attack in any way. Just PM me and Global mod (both, preferrably), and ignore it. Remember, ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY, so responding to a troll with a personal attack will get you both a WARNING, not to mention you'll face the wrath of El 'Dawggy who will be a bit peeved when he makes his return to the forum.

We don't anticipate any problems, and we have a great group of veteran posters here so hopefully all will go well.

So, with all that being said, here we go:

The Oakland Raiders select:

1(4) - dmc
4(1) - CB Tyvon Branch
4(26) - WR Arman Shields
6(3) - DE T. Scott

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Last edited by CrapTakula on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok opening this up! gogo draft day!!!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
jfitz812

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still in shock the draft is actually here...

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
RAIDERNATI0N

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does "1!!one11!" mean?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost like Christmas again Cool

Today we know that we will get somebody that will help us out next year. Michael Smith, who is a pretty reliable source of ESPN, says mutiple sources have told him that Chris Long is the pick for St. Louis. I know it's espn but he seems pretty reliable on all of his reports.
m52876

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN reporting Rams have reached concensus on C Long. Atlanta on the clock.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Today we know that we will get somebody that will help us out next year. Michael Smith, who is a pretty reliable source of ESPN, says mutiple sources have told him that Chris Long is the pick for St. Louis. I know it's espn but he seems pretty reliable on all of his reports.

i know... i just started crying a little.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
m52876

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CrapTakula"]
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
It's almost like Christmas again Cool

Today we know that we will get somebody that will help us out next year. Michael Smith, who is a pretty reliable source of ESPN, says mutiple sources have told him that Chris Long is the pick for St. Louis. I know it's espn but he seems pretty reliable on all of his reports.[/quote

i know... i just started crying a little.

Cry for Long, rejoice for Dorsey (pending that whole pesky Atlanta team). Other wise, welcome to Oakland Dmac...okay maybe Gholston. Drat. Who knows.
RAIDERNATI0N

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!!!!1!!one11! Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:

Please do NOT start a thread just to state the obvious, like "Oakland just took Chris Long" (no matter how wonderfully happy that would make us all) or "Oakland passed on DMC! whootz!" These things can be discussed here, in this thread. There is no extra credit given for being the first one to make a post just to say whom Oakland took, though there might be a few "Captain Obvious" awards given out.

I personaly like having a new thread for all picks and trades! It sucks to look through an all purpose thread (like this) to find what your looking for!!! By the way, if there is no extra creadit for being the first one to post, then why did you make this thread at 2:00 AM, then lock it for about 8 hours, then re open it... LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Atlanta was not expecting Dorsey to get pass the Rams, so they've prepared to take Matt Ryan no matter what. So that means Glenn Dorsey could be staring us right in the face at #4 along with McFadden, Gholston.

I want D-Mac because he's explosive and dynamic, and I also want to see all the Jets fans in Radio City cry lol
jfitz812

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris... Long... gone...

We can all start praying for a trade down now. or maybe Gholston... basically anyone that isnt DMC

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
hatedalakers44

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much do you think we could get for the #4 pick if dorsey is there

-Bo Jackson
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least we can all be happy about one thing. He didn't go to KC. That would've been horrible having to see him 2+ times every year.
TheOutlaw263

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatedalakers44 wrote:
how much do you think we could get for the #4 pick if dorsey is there

I think we could get quite a bit really, We could trade with Cincy, or NO and possibly get their first and second, or we could get the LT that NO has said they would use to get up to grab Dorsey. I think if the price is right we should do it.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!!!!1!!one11! Reply with quote

RAIDERNATI0N wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

I personaly like having a new thread for all picks and trades! It sucks to look through an all purpose thread (like this) to find what your looking for!!! By the way, if there is no extra creadit for being the first one to post, then why did you make this thread at 2:00 AM, then lock it for about 8 hours, then re open it... LOL!

we will (and should) definitely have a new thread for each pick and/or trade. what i meant was if there's one new one up, there's no reason to post another one.

and i made the thread last night but didn't want to fill it up with....mmm filler last night so i opened it up this morning.

Smile

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: