Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bargain Bin Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Bargain Bin Mock Draft Reply with quote

This is my wheeling and dealing, best bargain free agents Mock. In this mock we convince Calvin to come back and we extend him so we can build a roster to win now and in the future. It also sets us up so Calvin can walk any year and it won't kill us.

I won't get into the contract numbers, but all of the free agents are mid level and most will be on a 1 year to 3 year deal. And most are on the buy low category.

FA:
Sean Smith, CB
Brian Quick, WR
Brandon Mebane, DT
Matt Moore, QB
Jermaine Gresham, TE
Stefen Wisniewski, C
Quinton Coples, DE

Extend:
Darius Slay
Theo Riddick
Calvin Johnson
Riley Reiff

Resign:
Tyrunn Walker
Isa Abdul-Quddus
Tahir Whitehead
Don Muhlbach

Cut/Let Go:
Haloti Ngata
Darryl Tapp
Stephen Tulloch
Cornelius Lucas
Manny Ramirez
Darren Keyton
Corey Robinson
Jermelle Cudjo
Jason Jones
Dan Orlovsky
Joique Bell
George Winn
James Ihedigbo
Rashean Mathis
Josh Wilson
Lance Moore
Jordan Thompson
Corey Fuller
Bill Bentley
Brandon Pettigrew

Trade:
6th and 2017 7th to Denver for Ryan Clady
1st to Texans for 1st, 3rd, and 2017 7th

Draft:
1. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
2. Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn
3. Kenny Lawler, WR, Cal
3. (Comp) Jayron Kearse, S Clemson
4. Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
5. Nick Kwiatkoski, LB, West Virginia
5. Ronald Blair, DE/DT, Appalachian State
5. (Comp) Evan Boehm, C, Missouri
6. -Traded-
6. Darius Latham, DT, Indiana
7. Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana
7. (Comp) Rashard Robinson, CB, Formally LSU

UFA:
Quinshad Davis, WR, UNC
Kenny Iloka, S, TCU
Jimmy Bean, DE, Oklahoma State

Depth Chart:
QB: Matt Stafford, Matt Moore, Nate Sudfeld
RB: Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, Zack Zenner
FB: Michael Burton
WR: Calvin Johnson, Brian Quick, Kenny Lawler
WR: Golden Tate, TJ Jones
TE: Eric Ebron, Jermaine Gresham
LT: Ryan Clady, Shon Coleman
LG: Taken Tomlinson,
C: Stefen Wisniewski, Travis Swanson, Evan Boehm,
RG: Larry Warford
RT: Riley Reiff, Michael Ola

LE: Devin Taylor, Quinton Coples, Ronald Blair
DT: Brandon Mebane, Darius Latham
DT: Caraun Reid, Tyrunn Walker, Gabe Wright
RE: Ezekiel Ansah, Kevin Dodd
WLB: DeAndre Levy
MLB: Tahir Whitehead, Nick Kwiatkoski
SLB: Josh Bynes, Kyle Van Noy
CB: Darius Slay, Alex Carter, Nevin Lawson
CB: Sean Smith, Quandre Diggs,
FS: Glover Quin, Jayron Kearse
SS: Isa Abdul-Quddus, Isaiah Johnson

K: Matt Prater
P: Sam Martin
LS: Don Muhlbach

IR: Jaylon Smith
1King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA looks fine and when I put out my first mock, I'll probably take a somewhat similar approach (because that's what I think the Lions will do).

Not a fan of the draft though. Way too boom/bust for me.

Not sure the Lions would consider Robinson with his off field issues.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th and a future 7th for Ryan Clady a starting LT? Common?

Not a fan of the draft either. Really hate it actually. Lawler is ok and so is Smith but I pretty much don't like any of those other names, especially Kevin Dodd at 16 over some real quality that'll be available. Shaq Lawson, his team-mate is way better than him.

OT Jack Conklin/ DE Shaq Lawson/ ILB Reggie Ragland/ RB Ezkiel Elliot all are my favorites for what I think will be available around our selection at 16. I think one of the four, possibly more will be there.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FA looks fine and when I put out my first mock, I'll probably take a somewhat similar approach (because that's what I think the Lions will do).

Not a fan of the draft though. Way too boom/bust for me.

Not sure the Lions would consider Robinson with his off field issues.

Yeah I just threw in Robinson but I agree he probably is a little too much risk.

It is a little Boom/Bust but I'm a big Dodd fan. I think he is getting better and better the more he plays. If he tests well at his pro day, which I think he will, I think he is going to be a top 15 pick. He would be a great LE to pair with Ziggy.

Coleman is tough because of the scheme Auburn plays in, but he has great traits. He's a little older but he's athletic with great size and a nasty demeanor. If he can sit a year I think he could make a good LT or a really good RT.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:

Not a fan of the draft either. Really hate it actually. Lawler is ok and so is Smith but I pretty much don't like any of those other names, especially Kevin Dodd at 16 over some real quality that'll be available. Shaq Lawson, his team-mate is way better than him.

OT Jack Conklin/ DE Shaq Lawson/ ILB Reggie Ragland/ RB Ezkiel Elliot all are my favorites for what I think will be available around our selection at 16. I think one of the four, possibly more will be there.

I think Clady can be had for cheap. He is an OT that has hardly played the last two seasons and the Broncos will probably cut him. They will most likely take whatever they can get. They would rather spend the $10 million towards Jackson or Oswelier.

As for Dodd, I did have us taking him at 22, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him at 16. I'm a big fan. I rank him over all the names you've listed so agree to disagree. Though Lawson is close, and Eiliot is probably a slightly better player it would come down to positional value. I'm warming up to Conklin but I would definitely take Dodd over him at this point.

I'm curious to what you think of Latham and Blair. I think Blair is going to go higher than I have him here.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you could end up being right about Dobbs. It's not like he doesn't have production or size or any of that. I just think he was a good/average player very worthy of getting drafting in the 2nd rounds or late first but teams didn't really make him the focal point to stop like they did Lawson. They didn't send help to his side for protection and to his credit he ate up most of his competition.

It's just hard for me to come off of Shaq Lawson when he was the guy getting the same numbers basically, except tackles, with more protection and game planning put around his way. He's not only athletic and gifted enough to beat someone off the edge he's also smart enough to beat game plans schemed to protect against him. Maybe Dobbs was the better player this whole time but just me, my eyes didn't see it this way but they're never 100% right either. Rolling Eyes

It's why Ziggy's year this year was so impressive to me because coming into games like, everyone knew who the guy on our line was that could hurt/beat you possibly. An he still produced better than any other year he's ever had with more attention on him than in any other previous. He didn't just take a step forward this year, it was like taking a full lap.

Blair, honestly don't know what to think of him. Never seen him play, big riser with good production from a small school/lower competition. Idk I see this story every year and sometimes they're Jared Allen and other times they're just some guy like Austin Lane. Some are like Ikia-Alma Francis and others are like Sammie Lee-Hill. I haven't even seen the guy workout personally and that tells me a lot honestly in just how a guy moves on the field. I'm in no position really to give you a good opinion on him. Just for myself though, if I'm running things and in charge, I'd pass based on all the unknowns I have about him currently. That can easily change. I'll look more into Blair. Shocked
cibowilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
I mean you could end up being right about Dobbs. It's not like he doesn't have production or size or any of that. I just think he was a good/average player very worthy of getting drafting in the 2nd rounds or late first but teams didn't really make him the focal point to stop like they did Lawson. They didn't send help to his side for protection and to his credit he ate up most of his competition.

It's just hard for me to come off of Shaq Lawson when he was the guy getting the same numbers basically, except tackles, with more protection and game planning put around his way. He's not only athletic and gifted enough to beat someone off the edge he's also smart enough to beat game plans schemed to protect against him. Maybe Dobbs was the better player this whole time but just me, my eyes didn't see it this way but they're never 100% right either. Rolling Eyes

It's why Ziggy's year this year was so impressive to me because coming into games like, everyone knew who the guy on our line was that could hurt/beat you possibly. An he still produced better than any other year he's ever had with more attention on him than in any other previous. He didn't just take a step forward this year, it was like taking a full lap.

Blair, honestly don't know what to think of him. Never seen him play, big riser with good production from a small school/lower competition. Idk I see this story every year and sometimes they're Jared Allen and other times they're just some guy like Austin Lane. Some are like Ikia-Alma Francis and others are like Sammie Lee-Hill. I haven't even seen the guy workout personally and that tells me a lot honestly in just how a guy moves on the field. I'm in no position really to give you a good opinion on him. Just for myself though, if I'm running things and in charge, I'd pass based on all the unknowns I have about him currently. That can easily change. I'll look more into Blair. Shocked

I will have to watch more of the games and concentrate on Lawson, but Dodd does get a lot of doubles and I thought actually drove the action right to Lawson and he finished it. Either way both are good players. I'm just driving the Dodd wagon at this point. Who knows I'm a bit behind this year I might end up jumping off.

As for Blair, watch his game against Clemson, it will literally take you 5 seconds to know who he is.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:

I guess I was close only a gave up a 5th and got a 7th in return.
arin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where were you Quinn..? Jets all of a sudden need a LT and boom, Clady is gone for a 5th. Quinn must have never asked about him...
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
Where were you Quinn..? Jets all of a sudden need a LT and boom, Clady is gone for a 5th. Quinn must have never asked about him...

Clady has got some pretty significant red flags, especially with his durability. It's easy to say just a 5th, but it also takes up a large chunk of salary space for a guy who hasn't been that reliable the past few years.

2015 Adopt A Lions: OLB, DeAndre Levy

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: