Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mikel Leshoure's future with Lions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Mikel Leshoure's future with Lions Reply with quote

Mikel Leshoure expects to be more involved in Detroit Lions offense this season

Quote:
ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions tailback Mikel Leshoure got just two carries last season, which means there's pretty much no where to go but up.

Quote:
"I can't tell you (what my role will be) during OTAs, but it looks like I'll be involved a little more that last year so far," Leshoure told MLive this week. "As far as the role, I don't know. That could change weekly. But I think I'll be more involved than last year obviously."

Quote:
Leshoure was drafted in the second round by the Lions in 2011 and was the team's leading rusher in 2012. But he fell out of favor last year following the signing of Reggie Bush emergence of Joique Bell, and even the sixth-round selection of Theo Riddick.

Quote:
"It's a new beginning," he said. "It's a lot of running plays. (Coordinator Joe Lombardi) comes from New Orleans, where backs rotated a lot. We know we're going to run the ball here, and I'm excited by the opportunity."

Leshoure could have a tough fight ahead of him. Bush and Bell are entrenched as the 1-2 combo atop the depth chart, and Lombardi has hailed Riddick as one of the standouts of OTAs.

Quote:
Leshoure is committed to retaking a role in the offense. That includes showing up at OTAs in some of the best shape of his career.

He says he's cut out sweets and fried food and no longer eats after 8 p.m. He says he's leaner than ever and that has given him some extra pop.

"I'm not eating too late. Just cutting back on sweets and bad stuff I used to have in my diet," Leshoure said. "Nothing major has changed. Just eliminating what you're not supposed to have, like sweets and fried foods and things like that. Late-night snacking is like 10 o'clock to me. You don't need to eat past 8."

What do you guys think Leshoure's role will be with the Lions this year?

Does he have a future with the Lions? Should they cut or trade him? If they trade himů at what price?

Any thoughts?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd man out. Riddick is better fit as 3rd to Bush and Bell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

I disagree. I would rather have the more talented back and that is LeShoure by quite a wide margin.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I disagree. I would rather have the more talented back and that is LeShoure by quite a wide margin.

Talent does not equal performance. His time has ran out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Again, for the third back I will take the talent over performance. Besides, as an overall body of work, LeShoure has outperformed Riddick. Just not last year when an incompetent coaching staff never gave him a chance to.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Again, for the third back I will take the talent over performance. Besides, as an overall body of work, LeShoure has outperformed Riddick. Just not last year when an incompetent coaching staff never gave him a chance to.

Riddick is three timers receiver LeShoure is. I will take a ball player who fits scheme over talent.

Part of problem with this regime is just this. They take talent and not football players.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Riddick is three timers receiver LeShoure is. I will take a ball player who fits scheme over talent.

Part of problem with this regime is just this. They take talent and not football players.

A.) How do you know who fits the brand spanking new scheme?
B.) If they weren't football players, then they would have no talent

Now take your foot out of your craw and make a clear statement Laughing
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if the Lions kept 4 backs and used a deep rotation like the Saints have used. If we do keep only 3, I'd give Riddick the nod because of his contributions on special teams.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

A.) How do you know who fits the brand spanking new scheme?
B.) If they weren't football players, then they would have no talent

Now take your foot out of your craw and make a clear statement Laughing

Not brand new scheme. They already said they will look a ton like Saints.

Plenty of talented guys have not made good football players. Leaf, rogers, Williams, Curry list goes on and on. A lot less talented football players done well for themselves. Talent means squat to me without football iq and LeShoure just doesn't hack it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put-there is a clear bias here because ML has every bit the football IQ of a kid that may never prove truly useful outside ST. Honestly, judging by each's running style, it appears MK has quite a bit more IQ, so if he doesn't hack it TR is in serious trouble
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Simply put-there is a clear bias here because ML has every bit the football IQ of a kid that may never prove truly useful outside ST. Honestly, judging by each's running style, it appears MK has quite a bit more IQ, so if he doesn't hack it TR is in serious trouble

No bias. Simply know when it's time to move on. Don't let Tanaka get best of you and influence your arguments with bias statements.

I'm simply over the NoShoure experiment the Broyless experiment and so on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing caldwell talk about wanting a power run game. That gives Leshoure a bit more of a nod. However, I think they keep 4 guys. Especially since Riddick has a WR background, can help on ST's, and someone's going to get hurt.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Leshoure has put in the work and improved, than great. I honestly don't think any one RB will be carrying us this year. Leshoure showed promise two years ago. If they cut him eventually it will be because he isn't a top 3 RB on our team. But I tend to agree with X, we will carry 4 RBs and rotate them often. I wouldn't touch any of our RBs in fantasy this year.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
If Leshoure has put in the work and improved, than great. I honestly don't think any one RB will be carrying us this year. Leshoure showed promise two years ago. If they cut him eventually it will be because he isn't a top 3 RB on our team. But I tend to agree with X, we will carry 4 RBs and rotate them often. I wouldn't touch any of our RBs in fantasy this year.

Another thing to consider is the ability to move Bush and even Riddick around. Riddick is a former WR, and Bush has great ability catching the ball as well. I could see both of them lining up some at WR in the slot from time to time in larger sets.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leshourse is more talented than Riddick. Riddick might be more versatile, but the only reason Leshoure fell out of favor was due to injuries. Don't let one year fool you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: