Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluelionman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Lions in London Reply with quote

Just a shout out to any Lions fans making the Road trip across the pond - or who were not but upon reading my posts may now decide to do it.

I am a local - as in English and live not to far from our nations capital. I have been researching out fun things to do over that weekend and have been helping my personal friends make plans.

You may know of Carackman - if not bye name but by sight - he is seen at most Lions games home and road in his traditional Lions hard hat with signatures all over plus white Lions shirt under jean dungarees with shoes and checked long socks.

He is a good friend of mine and he is coming on this Road trip along with other friends of his Rodan and The Pilgrim.

I am trying to work on other Lions fan friends of mine to make the trip but it's hard - I wish I knew a travel agent Lions fan that could help organise everything at a fair cost but so far people are doing things independently - I've been spending hours researching info trying to find cheapest flights and accommodation - London has so many choices and great internal transport that where you stay does not matter much - it's just what luxury you insist on - myself I go budget.

Any way I am here to help in any way I can with local info - once you know ya coming can tell you cheapest way to get from airport to your hotel. Also below I will post flyers for events I am going on with my friends that are Lions fan specific over that IS weekend.

Hope many of you will come follow your team which is likely to be the last time they come to London in a very long time (as this is there 2nd trip over in 2 years straight).

Last edited by bluelionman on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
bluelionman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Lions fans Sight-seeing tour Reply with quote

[/url]
bluelionman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Detroit Lions London Halloween party 2015 Reply with quote

Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very cool. I couldn't afford something like this right now in my life but it looks like a hell of an experience.

It's awesome that the Lions are gaining a following in London across the pond. I don't mind them playing over there either but so far it hasn't' been considered a home game for us. Either way it's just neat having fans from around the world with no REAL ties to Michigan/DET rooting my favorite team on too.
bluelionman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
This is very cool. I couldn't afford something like this right now in my life but it looks like a hell of an experience.

It's awesome that the Lions are gaining a following in London across the pond. I don't mind them playing over there either but so far it hasn't' been considered a home game for us. Either way it's just neat having fans from around the world with no REAL ties to Michigan/DET rooting my favorite team on too.

I been a Lions fan since I was about 14 years of age my friend (I'm now 41 btw) - I adopted them after getting into the NFL aged about 11 - when I pick a sports team it's for life and I don't like to be called a glory hunter. At that tender age I had never left the UK (with the exception of a 3 day school trip to France) and had no American relative what I knew of so no reason to pick one team over another. Basically I ruled out all teams that was great at the time to avoid band-wagon accusations and then it came down to having a thing for Madonna and my 2 fav players - Joe Montana & Barry Sanders.

Well JM was a 49'er - nope perennial Super Bowl contender - BS - plays for the Lions - as far as I could find out back then had never been in a Super Bowl, were not very good (so would not be called a glory hunter) and to cap it off my fav pop star was Madonna... still is.... I thought she was from NYC but a music magazine told me she was from MI - Detroit was also MI so that was it a Lion from that day forth. It's my dream to see the Lions play in every other teams stadium and do a full season one day - alas I have real visa issues but until the visa burden got to great I used to take my vacation time and come every year during football season and follow the Lions home and away (road). So far done about half the NFL and that's how I have made Lions friends in the D as I met them at games, tail-gating and what have you as the D is not really a tourist town so same fella coming every year for a decade I got remembered by bar workers etc.

Any way I not been over since 2012 due to the stupid visa burden but plan to come back again in 2018.

Go Lions!

Last edited by bluelionman on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the Lions play in London but we have a number of family events this year that conflict time wise and economically. Airfare to cross Canada is more expensive and a lengthier flight than travelling to London.

Next year we will be in the U.K. for about three weeks before heading out on a cruise in Eastern Europe.

Good luck with the visa issues. Hopefully it's nothing permanent and you can get over for a Lions game in the near future.

By the way, thanks for the work you're putting into keeping everyone posted.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: