Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mockiavellis 7 rounder 4/3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROYtheTOY313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Mockiavellis 7 rounder 4/3 Reply with quote

Round 1 Kevin Johnson Cornerback Wake Forest: Mathis is long in the tooth so we get this sticky coverage corner to groom to pair with slay for years to come.

Round 2 Tevin Coleman Runningback Indiana: Hopefully Tevin can come in and be the Darren McFadden type of player (minus the injuries) that we seen reek havoc in the big 10.

Round 3 Grady Jarrett DT Clemson: Quite Disruptive at Clemson and with Teryls tutelage could be a solid starter in the near future.

Round 6 Austin Shepherd OG Alabama: Shepherd is a tough kid, not the most physically gifted but with the right coaching could work his way into a starter down the road.

Round 7 J.J Nelson KR/WR UAB: Best returner in NCAA history and in the 7th seems like a good gamble.

Round 7 Darren Waller WR Georgia Tech: Giant receiver with ability to bully smaller corners and Stafford loves throwing that fade in the red zone.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't address the trenches until the third and not the offensive line until the sixth? Not a fan. Sorry.

Team Stylish
ROYtheTOY313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard from Caldwell, I'm under the impression that Tyrunn Walker will be given every chance to be the starter next to Haloti and Grady Jarrett projects as a starter in this league and we just drafted Caraun Reid last year so I'm not sold they'll draft a D tackle first two rounds.

I do wish I could have addressed the o line sooner but our corners after Slay and Mathis are nothing special either and with the Packers 3 receiver sets I see that as a pretty high priority. Plus our scouts seem to be able to get O linemen later and get some use out of them ( Hilliard, Waddle).
bigc421

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching a lot of Johnson lately and he's become one of my favorite players for us at 23. I don't see much weakness with him. He has a quick twitch element on comeback routes that just don't see from Wayne's.

I'm not real big on Coleman but I see why people like, I think there will be better options.
Lions017

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROYtheTOY313 wrote:
From what I've heard from Caldwell, I'm under the impression that Tyrunn Walker will be given every chance to be the starter next to Haloti and Grady Jarrett projects as a starter in this league and we just drafted Caraun Reid last year so I'm not sold they'll draft a D tackle first two rounds.

I do wish I could have addressed the o line sooner but our corners after Slay and Mathis are nothing special either and with the Packers 3 receiver sets I see that as a pretty high priority. Plus our scouts seem to be able to get O linemen later and get some use out of them ( Hilliard, Waddle).

Even if Walker is a starter, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to draft someone to rotate in with him and to take over when Ngata leaves. Some of the guys available in rounds 2-3 aren't going to be real 3-down guys anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: