Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh Switching Agents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Duderino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Suh Switching Agents Reply with quote

Quote:
Liz Mullen ‏@SBJLizMullen 23m
Detroit Lions DT Ndamukong Suh has left Relativity Sports as a client. He cannot sign with another agent for at least 5 days.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they weren't getting the job done, does that mean Suh wants to stay in Detroit and his agents weren't cutting it? Does it mean Suh wants a team-friendly deal, and his agents were greedy? Does it mean that Suh wasn't getting as much money as he feels he deserves?

There are many ways we could read into this. I think the most likely scenario is that Suh wants to stay in Detroit and help build this team up, because it has been said Mayhew is looking to extend him (I believe this is true- I don't remember 100% clearly though) and if his agents weren't getting the job done it would make sense they were fired. The nature of agents is to get their clients as much money as possible, so I find it hard to believe that they were lowballing Suh. It's very possible that Suh wants a good deal that doesn't handcuff the team, and his agents were greedy and wanted the biggest deal possible so they get paid more.

Or maybe my glass is just half full?

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking it as glass half-full; at least this is a sign that Suh is ready to negotiate, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he doesn't sign with one of the Rap stars who have signed several MLB players. Jay-Z wanted Robinson Cano to get $300 Million from the Yankees over 10 years.

Team Stylish313
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With contract negotiations looming, Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh changing agents

Quote:
Entering the final year of his contract, with a massive $22.4 million cap number, the Detroit Lions have expressed interest in signing All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh to a long-term extension.

But those negotiations won't be with Suh's long-time agent Roosevelt Barnes of Relativity Sports. Suh will be changing representation, Barnes confirmed with Mike O'Hara on Thursday.

Quote:
Suh is already the highest-paid defensive tackle in football, by virtue of his lucrative five-year rookie contract which paid him more than $60 million. But unlike many high-priced draft picks, he has delivered on the field, earning All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors three times in his first four seasons.

Quote:
Suh has been with the Lions for four seasons. Suh has recorded 186 tackles and 27.5 sacks. He's also been extremely durable, never missing a game due to injury in his career.

What would you pay Suh?

Team Stylish313
Chups

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
With contract negotiations looming, Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh changing agents

Quote:
Entering the final year of his contract, with a massive $22.4 million cap number, the Detroit Lions have expressed interest in signing All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh to a long-term extension.

But those negotiations won't be with Suh's long-time agent Roosevelt Barnes of Relativity Sports. Suh will be changing representation, Barnes confirmed with Mike O'Hara on Thursday.

Quote:
Suh is already the highest-paid defensive tackle in football, by virtue of his lucrative five-year rookie contract which paid him more than $60 million. But unlike many high-priced draft picks, he has delivered on the field, earning All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors three times in his first four seasons.

Quote:
Suh has been with the Lions for four seasons. Suh has recorded 186 tackles and 27.5 sacks. He's also been extremely durable, never missing a game due to injury in his career.

What would you pay Suh?

Suh deserves to remain the highest paid player at his position. A contract similar to what the Bengals gave Geno Atkins (5 years, $55 million).
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah anywhere between that 50-55 million dollar mark really seems fair for Suh. I know his numbers are down but that's because this staff sucked when it came to creativity. An I'm not saying act crazy either but literally these guys were pretty vanilla even when things fell apart. Moving Suh around this line should and always should be a priority. In every game there will be a miss-match on the line against Suh and moving him around creates problems. That's the type of player he is and should of been used like, not as a DOUBLE team machine on the inside only.

Dude gets no credit for being a supreme athlete either at his size. He can play so many downs it shouldn't be a big deal for Lions to throw out a hybrid look 30% of the game with a three DT set.

Idk how the defense is going to look but I know the Ravens throw a lot of different looking front's though they technically play the 3-4. Hopefully we can start getting the best out of our best and most disruptive player on defense instead of making him just a double team machine on the inside.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he deserves 5 yrs/$55 million, maybe even $58 million... with incentives based on postseason success.

I just really want to see that $22.4 million come down. Shocked
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I hope he doesn't sign with one of the Rap stars who have signed several MLB players. Jay-Z wanted Robinson Cano to get $300 Million from the Yankees over 10 years.

Not looking good. Confused

Quote:
Per a league source, there’s a growing sense that Suh will select Jay Z, at a minimum for Suh’s off-field opportunities.

Quote:
The source also tells PFT that Suh has been spotted at multiple Jay Z concerts in recent weeks. At a December concert in Nebraska, Jay Z wore a black Nebraska jersey with Suh’s Cornhusker No. 93 and “S. Carter” on the back. Jay Z also gave Suh what the kids (and some of the old people like me) call a “shout out” from the stage in Detroit on January 10.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/jay-z-could-have-a-role-in-suhs-representation/

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Quote:
Per a league source, there’s a growing sense that Suh will select Jay Z, at a minimum for Suh’s off-field opportunities.

Quote:
The source also tells PFT that Suh has been spotted at multiple Jay Z concerts in recent weeks. At a December concert in Nebraska, Jay Z wore a black Nebraska jersey with Suh’s Cornhusker No. 93 and “S. Carter” on the back. Jay Z also gave Suh what the kids (and some of the old people like me) call a “shout out” from the stage in Detroit on January 10.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/jay-z-could-have-a-role-in-suhs-representation/

That's what I was afraid of. Well, we can forget about him being affordable.

Team Stylish313
1King

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a wrap then, Jay about to be Suh's agent. For those that may not know much about Jay-Z, he is very cerebral and conscious of what he does and says. This ain't a coincidence.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a wrap then, Jay about to be Suh's agent. For those that may not know much about Jay-Z, he is very cerebral and conscious of what he does and says. This ain't a coincidence.

I'm hopeful that if he hires Jay-Z, it's just for off the field prospects, and he hires someone else to handle his football business.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
1King wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm hopeful that if he hires Jay-Z, it's just for off the field prospects, and he hires someone else to handle his football business.

I think that's unlikely, but not out of the question. It seemed like Jay-Z wanted to expand his business and landing a player like Suh would help him branch into football in a big way. Especially if he gets him a monster deal.

Team Stylish313
El Duderino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz is represented by Jay Z for off the field opportunities only, so its possible Suh could do the same.
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Suh and his representation asks for too much in an extension will the Lions be forced to cut him after 2014 due to his high cap number? I can't fathom the Lions could field a competitive team with 3 players taking up so much of the cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: