Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Theo Riddick--Best as a Slot WR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Theo Riddick--Best as a Slot WR? Reply with quote

After watching Theo Riddick last year and reading about him throughout this off-season it seems like he is more suited to be a slot WR than a RB. To date, he hasn't really done much to stand out as a RB. I don't think anyone would disagree that his best work has been done in the passing game. I know it is early in trading camp but it seems like we would be better off making a full-time WR with primary responsibilities as a slot WR. Thought?
Lions017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full-time WR? Nah. I'm not sure if he's all that useful or better than the average slot receiver there.

I am for lining him up as a wideout throughout the game, though, but I would still like to see him contribute in the backfield a little bit. I like how we have some versatility with guys like Riddick and Ebron who can potentially take advantage of some matchups.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, he should line up in the slot regularly. He should also line up behind the QB and motion into the slot, and line up behind the QB and take handoffs as well.

He isn't much of a runner so I wouldn't want to see him get more than a few carries a game, but to keep defenses guessing, and with what we all hope is improved interior run blocking, he could make a few plays rushing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is useful as a slot WR not so much running the ball. Would love to see him make the transition.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smack wrote:
Absolutely, he should line up in the slot regularly. He should also line up behind the QB and motion into the slot, and line up behind the QB and take handoffs as well.

He isn't much of a runner so I wouldn't want to see him get more than a few carries a game, but to keep defenses guessing, and with what we all hope is improved interior run blocking, he could make a few plays rushing.

Agree.

IMO, it's 2 birds with one stone if we keep Riddick playing out of the slot more... gives us a 3rd receiving option we lack as well as someone with more reliable hands than Ebron.

Riddick will be a hybrid that allows us to have "four" RBs and "six" WRs because he can play either and only takes one roster spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: