Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What teams might be interested in Brees or Rivers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superchargers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: What teams might be interested in Brees or Rivers? Reply with quote

I just wanted to brainstorm with you guys about which teams might want to trade for Brees or Rivers and what these teams might be willing to give up. IMO I think the obvious teams are:

-Dallas
-Miami
-SF
-Cleveland
-Arizona

Here is my list of the not so obvious:

-Green Bay
-Tampa Bay
-Tennessee
-Oakland..I would hope we wouldn't do businaess with them
-Seattle..If Hasselbeck leaves

What do you guys think? What would these teams be willing to give up? I would probably part with Rivers for a top 8 first round pick..maybe a little more for Brees.
Bauer37

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Francisco should go after him if they know what's good for them.
andrew91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bauer37 wrote:

But they dont lol
And yeah, those teams pretty much cover it
Bauer37

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? Let's get the ball rolling on a Brees-to-San Fran rumor.

I say Brees for San Fran's second rounder this year and first next year.
superchargers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that..we should get as many 2006 draft picks as possible. That is going to be one of the best drafts ever.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldnt be a bad deal. Rivers has better attributes like arm strength and stuff than Brees. But Brees maybe the QB for this team.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot detroit, they aren't too high on heisman harrington right now and it is rumored that they are one of the top contenders for breezy.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch Miami from that list...can't see that happening.
supratony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the teams i see r...

tenn
gb
dallas
az

.... o ya... there is no way in hell.... NO WAY IN HELL the chargers would ever trade anyone to the raiders.... plus i dont think any team would give up a current top 10 pick for brees.... the idea that i like is that if they do trade brees.... the chargers would go ahead and trade brees for next yr's 1st rounder..... and ya i know the odds r that that team might not finish in the top 10 next yr but come on what the chargers did this yr is unreal.... im the biggest charger fan in the world but i wasn't looking to have as great of a season as we did.... actually i was look forward to the possibility of having 2 top 10 picks...... could ya'll imagin if we did have a bad season combined with what the giants did.... and being able to take both DJ and mike williams??? y thats the reason i wanted 2 top 10 this yr... plus i told everyone that give the chargers 2-3 yrs before we r a great team cause the cap hit we took this yr for trading and releasing soo many players..... that next yr we can spend money and be able to fill needs with better players
T.D. Tomlinson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't matter where you are next year. The first 20 picks will be as good as this years top 10. If we can get two picks next year in the first round, watch out. I don't think the Chargers will have a weak spot on their roster.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What teams might be interested in Brees or Rivers? Reply with quote

superchargers wrote:
I just wanted to brainstorm with you guys about which teams might want to trade for Brees or Rivers and what these teams might be willing to give up. IMO I think the obvious teams are:

-Dallas
-Miami
-SF
-Cleveland
-Arizona

Here is my list of the not so obvious:

-Green Bay
-Tampa Bay
-Tennessee
-Oakland..I would hope we wouldn't do businaess with them
-Seattle..If Hasselbeck leaves

What do you guys think? What would these teams be willing to give up? I would probably part with Rivers for a top 8 first round pick..maybe a little more for Brees.

I agree with you. Let's face it the Chargers screwed up on their assessment of Drew Brees. Do the right thing and trade Rivers and hope to god you can get a player and a high draft pick for him. They can not afford to go into next year with both of them on the payroll. This team needs a WR, DB's and LB help. I am very shocked how well they did this year but I still do not believe Schottenheimer is the coach to lead them in the future.
Butter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bauer37 wrote:
You know what? Let's get the ball rolling on a Brees-to-San Fran rumor.

I say Brees for San Fran's second rounder this year and first next year.

San Fran:
-#1 pick overall
-later pick in the draft (negotiable)

San Diego:
-Drew Brees
-#1/26

San Diego gets a shot at two of the top players in the draft with a #1 and #12
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that later rounder could be a third rounder. If sd did that trade i wood be ecstatic because sd could get derrick johnson at #1 then get thomas davis or alex barron at #12 and then roddy white in the second round. That would be awesome.
Kodiak Grizzlies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
Bauer37 wrote:

But they dont lol
And yeah, those teams pretty much cover it

Actually they do know what's good for them which is why it won't happen. One good season doesn't make him worth ANY top round picks for 2006.

I believe they're going to trade out of the #1 overall to acquire a mid #1 and a #2 next year themselves.

Oh, yeah, and I'm looking for any records or photos of Superbowl trophies and MVP's SD has ever produced. Oh wait, it's just a blank page. Sorry!

I'd love for you guys to trade Brees away and rely on Phillips. Can you guys say "mediocrity" again? (at least until he hopefully gets up to NFL speed and who knows how long that could be?).
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something you may have neglected in your asssessment of a possible trade with Drew Brees. He is an unrestricted free agent. The only possible trade scenario is if the Chargers apply the franchise tag, and trade him before they sign him. But good luck getting a 1st and 3rd round pick for Drew. He is a system Quarterback. Unless another team runs the exact same offense with very similar personnel, I can't see anyone trading for him.

A Phillip Rivers trade is far more likely, considering he is still under contract and did not lead the team to a great record and a playoff appearance. Personally, I would like to see Cleveland at least make an offer for Rivers. I don't think he is worth a #3 pick, but a conditional pick next year and a player would be nice (Jeff Garcia, Earl Little, Chris Crocker, Gerrard Warren, William Green perhaps?).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: