Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introduction Thread-stop by and say hi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome EscoHermit!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Welcome EscoHermit!

Thanks Very Happy
PistoliPete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User Name: Pistolipete

How I got It: It's a name that just came up with some friends of mine while we were playing basketball, in a more mocking fashion due to my lack of basketball skills Razz. Pistoli is how you say Pistol in Greek. The Pete part is pretty self explanatory.

Occupation: Currently I work part time in retail while I'm attending Portland State University.

Favorite Panther (current/all-time): Current: Jonathan Stewart (coming from a Beavers fan) All Time: Mike Minter

If I could change one thing about the Panthers, I would change the shade of blue, trivial I know, but when I'm looking at the shop I have a hard time finding any gear because it's mostly dominated by the snow cone-bubblegum-blue. A powder blue would be alright.

Favorite Food: Burgers

What I like to watch on TV: I don't watch nearly the amount of TV I used to watch, but when I do I watch South Park, The League, just getting started on Mad Men and I sometimes like to watch Seinfeld, have the whole series box set Smile I also like to watch "America's Game," my gf got it for me for Christmas 2 years ago, best gift ever!

Celebrity Crush: I would probably say Reese Witherspoon.
Which NC college do you root for: Around Tourny time, I usually root for the Tar Heels, hate the Blue Devils but respect the heck out of Coach K. Other than that I'm a huge Oregon State Beavers fan Smile

3 words that describe you: My girlfriend and I joke about how I'm a walking oxymoron.

Anything else you want to share: Have been to the site a bunch of times, but just recently created a username to get involved. I hate other sites because it's mostly trolls and flames that don't really talk about the subject. Thanks for providing a legit forum. Smile
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PistoliPete, Welcome to the show!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the gang, PistoliPete.

2011 FFMD II Carolina Panthers AGM
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Broncos fan with a question about your organizational structure.

Fox is likely to be gone at season's end, was he pulling the strings in personnel decisions as far as the Draft and Free Agency goes? If not, is it a GM pulling the strings? or is it ownership? If it is a GM, is he likely to get the boot along with Fox?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

Fox is likely to be gone at season's end, was he pulling the strings in personnel decisions as far as the Draft and Free Agency goes? If not, is it a GM pulling the strings? or is it ownership? If it is a GM, is he likely to get the boot along with Fox?

I think that Fox and our GM work hand in hand on personnel decisions. Fox finds the players he wants, our GM (Hurney) finds a way to get them. However, I do think there's a checks and balances in place between the 2 of them to get players in house.

Also, I think some of our personnel decisions have been handed down from from our owner himself. Especially this last year when we went on a cleaning spree of some of our more expensive talents.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I think that Fox and our GM work hand in hand on personnel decisions. Fox finds the players he wants, our GM (Hurney) finds a way to get them. However, I do think there's a checks and balances in place between the 2 of them to get players in house.

Also, I think some of our personnel decisions have been handed down from from our owner himself. Especially this last year when we went on a cleaning spree of some of our more expensive talents.

Yea, over in the Broncos forum we're trying to get a handle on the Carolina draft tendencies. If the draft decisions are made by Fox himself, its obviously a wash as we wont know who the new head coach making the decisions is, or what their tendencies are. If the decisions come from the owner then maybe we can get some grasp on your tendencies. I've heard it was the owner's decision to grab Clausen in the draft and stick with the power running game you guys have instituted over the course of the last few years. Ultimately we want to see if there's any chance that the front office, or whoever is calling the shots would trade out of the #1 pick. Probably a pipe dream on our part, but worth discussing.

Thanks for your response Boondock!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User Name: FriendlyEnemy

How I got It: I'm a fan of oxymorons

Occupation: Working on my undergraduate degree in Chemistry at Wofford College. Hopefully I can get into their neuroscience program and make a career out of that one day.

Favorite Panther (current/all-time): DeAngelo Williams has been my favorite Panther since we drafted him back in 2006. As for all time I would probably pick Jake Delhomme. Even though his exit was an ugly one, I really loved the guy when he was here. I missed him this past year. At least with him we had somewhat of a shot. Clausen is just terrible Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure what I would change with the Panthers. Probably the mindset and the culture. I want a culture of winning in Charlotte, which I'm sure every fan would want with their team. I want us to be like Indianapolis and expect to win 10-12 games every single season.

Favorite Food: Burritos. So good

What I like to watch on TV: Ever since college started I haven't watched much football. Big fan of Scrubs, Bones, and of course Sportscenter.

Celebrity Crush: Eh, never really had one.

Which NC college do you root for: NC college? Pshhh. Go Gamecocks!!

3 words that describe you: Terrible with descriptions

Anything else you want to share: I've been here before. I recently deleted my username in order to start over. Let's see if you can guess who i am (or was, technically) Wink
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! FriendlyEnemy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome all newcomers Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread or not...

FF Username: Zithers
How did you come up with your username: Part of an anagram of my real name
Favorite Panther (current/all-time): Wesley Walls for sure. Met him and got a jersey signed!
If I could change one thing about the Panthers, I would get us a good QB <_<
Favorite Food: Pizza or something else generic.
What I like to watch on TV: TCM, Mad Men, Conan, football, 30 Rock, The Office
Celebrity Crush: Mary Elizabeth Winstead <3
Which NC college do you root for: UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, NC State, ECU, other: Pfft like I care about college ball
3 words that describe you: i d k
Anything else you want to share: Don't think so
RicFlairOGP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF Username: RicFlairOGP
How did you come up with your username:Ric Flair is the Original Gangsta Panther and always will be. It was either between him and Mick
Mixon because I mean come on, tell me Mick isnt gangsta

But in the end Ric Flair did it for me

: Washington DC, (originally from Greensboro NC and an NC State Grad.)

Favorite Panther
(current/all-time):(Greg Hardy, all time is Brad Hoover)

If I could change one thing about the Panthers
: The amount of super bowl rings we have. and bring back Skipper

Favorite Food: Bacon

What I like to watch on TV: Football, and anything that isn't reality TV.

Celebrity Crush: I got nothing

Which NC college do you root for: WOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLFFFFFFF

3 words that describe you: Die For Panthers (sorry had to throw out some Metalocalypse) I guess I would go with Relaxed(aside from when it comes to Panthers) Loyal(to all things Panthers) and Friendly(to anyone except for Patriots fans)

Anything else you want to share:

I have been reading this thread for about 2 years now ever since my brother (MrMojoRising) introduced me to it. Other then CSR (Cat Scratch Reader) it is the best place for all my panther news. Everyone here has a good opinion aside from one and alot of peoples opinions I respect more then many of the panthers pundits. But I have figured that I have been around long enough that I can start spouting off rants with the best of them, so let it begin.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOOOOO.

Welcome to the boards, RicFlairOGP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome RicFlairOGP. You are new to the forum but I feel like I've known you your whole life already!

Carolina Kitten on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: