Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

manning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboy17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: manning Reply with quote

do you think eli manning will be better than ben roesthlisberger i dont he is just a whiney little kid you only plays if he gets what he wnats
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should give the guy a break. There is a reason that Manning went number one, and that's because he has all the things you need in a great QB. In fact, scouts prior to the draft said he had better skills than Peyton, but he just wasn't as good a student of the game. Roethelisberger is a good QB, but is mostly the product of a great team. I truly think Manning will be the best out of the three, and it started to show towards the end of the season.
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: well said texasfan... Reply with quote

put Eli on the Steelers and he's got the same numbers as Ben. They've got the best OL in football, as good running game and a solid WR core. Outside of Tiki, the Giants lacked all of those..... It's still a little too early to tell, but for someone to say that Eli is a whiny waste of money after starting 8 or 9 games is rediculous.
Gojets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: well said texasfan... Reply with quote

marc1838 wrote:
put Eli on the Steelers and he's got the same numbers as Ben. They've got the best OL in football, as good running game and a solid WR core. Outside of Tiki, the Giants lacked all of those..... It's still a little too early to tell, but for someone to say that Eli is a whiny waste of money after starting 8 or 9 games is rediculous.

All true but to call him the future is also crazy. He has done nothing so to say he is the future is crazy and to say he is bad is also crazy. Lets see wat happens next year than we can tell. I think he is a flop but we just have to wait and see
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: gojets.... Reply with quote

to say lets wait and then "he's a flop" is contradicting yourself. if you seem to think that with a revamped O-line and a few WR's that he's still a flop, than your going against what most experts believe. still a few years away, but already has what most young Qb's have the hardest time developing, poise. But hey... I guess he'll never be as solid as Chad Pennington.... lol!
Gojets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the flop comment, i said it because he has to much pressure on him. Pressure has been the demise of many players before
Namy5280

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: manning Reply with quote

cowboy17 wrote:
do you think eli manning will be better than ben roesthlisberger i dont he is just a whiney little kid you only plays if he gets what he wnats

Yeah. Roethlisberger isn't as good of a QB as ESPN analysts praise him to be. He's a system quarterback, who's success comes from the talented duo of Ward, Burres, the talented duo of smash mouth runners, the impressive o-line, and the number one overall defense. Eli's slow start, I think, is credited to jsut him trying to shake off the rust that he's had for not playing so long. You could notice Eli's gradual improvement as QB later in the season. To be concise... he'll be a fine NFL QB.

Also, about the pressure comment. Eli's lived with pressure all his life, but persevered. This is just another (just harder) obstacle.
marc1838

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Gojets... Reply with quote

there is a lot of pressure on eli, but the kid has a good head on his shoulders. most rookie qb's face a heap of pressure, but i just have a hard time believing this kid's another ryan leaf. if the giants can get a phil simms-like career out of this guy, i'd be happy. stats are great, but if he can help them win in the future that's all that matters. regardless, a little offseason bantering b/w intra-state.... intra-stadium rivals is healthy.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeaaaaaaaaaah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Novacek4Prez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Well my input on this debate is to bring forward the numbers in 7 games Eli Manning threw for 1,000 yards 6 TD, 9 INT, was sacked 13 times.
Ben Roethlisberger threw for 2,600 yards 17 TD, 11 INT not countin Playoffs if you throw those in the totals are 20td and 16 INT. He was sacked 30 times. Thats more INT's Than AJ Feeley, Tim Rattay, Michael Vick, Joey Harrington,Bulger, and many many more. To say he was a stand out quarterback is an extreme stretch. He has 4 go to guys if you count his TE. I can't think of one ELi has ( Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey, are definitely not them tim carter is not a good reciever) Give this kid a guy to throw to and an offensive line and a Defense. He will be good chargers organization sucks even though i like thier players. They are not committed to winning. Eli will end up being the best quarterback whether or not that translates into wins is a different thing
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Manning is not Ryan Leaf. He knows there is pressure on him to do good but he's not letting it bother him. We have to get a good team around him like the Steelers and let him develop into a great Quarterback. He will mature and won't be a flop.
giantsfan1126

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eli is better than rothlesbeger(however u spell his name) is... the reason for that is the offensive line, the run game of the steelers, and their defense

first of all manning has no time to throw and has to lob to shockey most of the time..... another thing is that as good as tiki barber was this year... the combo of bettis and staley along with the best run blocking team allowed big ben to just hand the ball off... this made more men have to come down into the box resulting in lobs to receivers that are superior to the giants receivers... lastly, the defense of the steelers allows bens mistakes to be covered for... if he throws two picks in a game the steelers will still win bc of their d... if manning throws two picks the giants lose by 30... the steelers are just a better team... big ben is not better than eli manning
Joro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isnt even a debate in my eyes. roethlisberger did not lead his team to anything. he had an amazing D, jerome bettis, duce staley, a great O-line, and the one of the best receiving corps in ward, burress and randle el. manning had a shaky D, a terrible set of receivers that did not catch one TD all year, and shaky pass protection. tiki barber was fantastic but thats not enough for eli to excel. and counting all of that in, eli was still able to lead his team in a huge comeback win vs dallas in the season finale. i guarantee that eli will be a perennial mvp candidate in no less than 3 years, while roethlisberger will never be more than a game manager. it doesnt take great qbs to win games, trent dilfer was the winningest qb in the league for a 2 year stretch.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Manning is a better Quarterback. Winning Games has nothing to do with measuring the talents of a quarterback. The Quarterback might not be the one winning games. Just like the Ravens in 2000 I think it was. Their defense was what got them to the Super Bowl. Then this year, the games that they did win were because of Defense once again. Ed Reed had quite a few Defensive TD's. Probably more than the starting Wide Receivers. The same goes for Roethlisberger. He had a good team surrounding him. Good Running Backs, Wide Receivers, Offensive Line and one of the Top Defenses. That is just a great way for a Quarterback to enter the league. This does not mean that Roethlisberger is a bad Quarterback either. He did contribute his part to the team and still has room for improvement. But Overall Eli Manning is the better Quarterback. That's why Roethlisberger didn't go #1 Overall. We'll have to see how things go over the next few years and then maybe re-analyze this.
RoyWillKnockYouOut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the diff.... u know u wish u couldve had eric crouch!!... booonggggggggggggg! Shocked

Don't be jealous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: