Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2 War Room: It's On Baby! Roll With the Patriots Posse!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: FFMD 2 War Room: It's On Baby! Roll With the Patriots Posse! Reply with quote

Hey guys, and welcome to the SECOND FFMD (Football's Future Mock Draft). I am rabbisson, and I will be GM this time around after Patsfan01 did a sublime job earlier this year in the first FFMD.

This FFMD is similar to the last one except for two major differences.

1. There is NO free agency this time around. We are stuck with the players that we brought in earlier. So give it up for Fernando Bryant everyone!

2. The draft is 5 rounds long instead of 3, so that gives us more picks to play with and more rookies to get! I personally think that there is still an outside chance to push it to 7, but it will be at least 5, which is quite a lot!

So, anyway, anyone can be a member of the FFMD! Just be ready to learn a lot about football, the Draft, and how a typical team runs.

Here are all of the positions.

-General Manager- Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from submitting trades to making picks, but he should act based only on his own ideas. The HC, AGM, and the rest of the staff should be greatly influencing every decision he makes.

-Head Coach- Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options. Also is one of the two members responsible for making a team's pick if the GM is unavailable during the draft slot. (along with AGM)

-Assistant GM- Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the only one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation. Also is one of the two members responsible for making a team's pick if the GM is unavailable during the draft slot. (along with HC)

-Offensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scouts to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Offensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

-Defensive Coordinator-Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scouts to look for help on defense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Defensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks

There can be multiple POSITIONAL scouts by the way, so if we get a lot o feedback, we'll probably have 1 head scout and all of the other scouts under him.

The post under this one will have a constant stream of transactions on it, including draftees. traded players and traded picks. Please feel free to sign up: the list is below.

Also, this is a message for jing. I would like to have you be our graphic designer, meaning, that when we pick a player in the draft, you create a customized Patriots sig for him. That'd be sweet.

If you have any questions, please post them!

Here are the positions, and let's get drafting! - Rab

General Manager: rabbisson

General Manager: rabbisson
Head Coach: patsfreak007
Assistant General Manager: hollywood14
Offensive Coordinator: patsjunky54
Defensive Coordinator: Patsfan01
Head Offensive Scout: BigTimePatsFan
Assistant Offensive Scout: CanadianPatriot
Head Defensive Scout: finn54
Assistant Defensive Scout: Jbwallace23

Go Patriots!

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Last edited by rabbisson on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRANSACTIONS PAGE (this will be set up tomorrow hopefully)

Links To Know:

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=215126&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0- Rules Thread

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=216429- Trade Block Thread

Drafted Players and Picks We Have:

Player Driven Trades Made:

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

Last edited by rabbisson on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
patsjunky54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take Assistant GM..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rab. Last FFMD I worked reahard as a scout and I was wondering if you could promote me to Head Scout to fill in for you. That would be fantastic. Please notify me via PM.

Thanks alot man. I get really into these things. Also notify JBwallace. I know he's wanted to be a part of this.
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to be Asst Gm this time. I was Asst HC in the 1st one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see the interest already!

However, the fairest way to decide would be to set a deadline and then objectively choose. So I'll let anyone else who wants to apply apply.

Everyone will get some spot; we may even have co=Assistant GMs or something like that, but I want to see the magnitude of signups before I make any final decisions because first come first serve is cheap IMO.

And tell everyone in the forum to come and join! This is going to be so much fan.

We'll say that the deadline is Friday at 8 PM. I will make my final staff selections around then, and then we start drafting on April 1.

Iggles wrote:

Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want this one stickied Rab? And the other one taken down?

If we get into positional scouting, I'll throw my hat in the ring for a defensive scout/defensive backs scout. I'd like to do some work in that department.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
patsfan4life999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rab is it ok if my and JING collab for the sig. Because I think he uses photoshop also like me.

Got to wear sig for 10 more months.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=221165 <---Check it out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan4life999 wrote:
Hey Rab is it ok if my and JING collab for the sig. Because I think he uses photoshop also like me.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

And yes, I suppose this should be stickied.

Iggles wrote:

patsfan4life999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
patsfan4life999 wrote:
Hey Rab is it ok if my and JING collab for the sigs. Because I think he uses photoshop also like me.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

And yes, I suppose this should be stickied.
alright great

Got to wear sig for 10 more months.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=221165 <---Check it out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
patsjunky54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ill at least get a trade block going... ill put up players i think can be up there and we can add or subtract and discuss...

Trade block:

Mike Wright DL
Jarvis Green DL
Ellis Hobbs CB
Wesley Britt OT
David Thomas TE
Matt Cassel QB
Nick Kaczur OT
Ryan O'Callaghan OT
Chris Hanson P

Thats my preliminary list...there are others that are tradeable but they would need to be really good offers.let me know what you think

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsjunky54 wrote:
well ill at least get a trade block going... ill put up players i think can be up there and we can add or subtract and discuss...

Trade block:

Mike Wright DL
Jarvis Green DL
Ellis Hobbs CB
Wesley Britt OT
David Thomas TE
Matt Cassel QB
Nick Kaczur OT

Ryan O'Callaghan OT
Chris Hanson P

Thats my preliminary list...there are others that are tradeable but they would need to be really good offers.let me know what you think

I bolded the ones we should definitely focus on. I'd love to ship all 3 out for more picks or players.

BTW, I'm pretty conservative about trades, so you'll have to blow me away with an offer.

Iggles wrote:

Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how we can view Hobbs and Green as tradable at this point. Hobbs is our number 1 corner, with no depth behind him, and Green is the Kevin Faulk of our defense, if Warren or Seymour go down, he can step right in and we lose very little. Without him, we're looking at Mike Wright or LeKevin Smith starting, which are much bigger drop downs in skill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
I don't see how we can view Hobbs and Green as tradable at this point. Hobbs is our number 1 corner, with no depth behind him, and Green is the Kevin Faulk of our defense, if Warren or Seymour go down, he can step right in and we lose very little. Without him, we're looking at Mike Wright or LeKevin Smith starting, which are much bigger drop downs in skill.

I don't want to trade Hobbs, but if we get really good value, I think that I would be willing to ship off Green. However, we'd need a lot in return.

Iggles wrote:

patsjunky54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would have to be good offers i believe that Hobbs can me a mediocore #1 CB on another team.("if he can be a # 2 for us he could be a # 1 for like ...Atlanta, for instance who have 3 2nd rounders..and green can def. be a starter on another team so he is worth like a 2nd..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: