Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RAMS OFFSEASON ALL THE TRADES/PICKS/FREE AGENCY POSSIBLE!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aheineken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the Rams get Chris Spencer from Ole Miss with the late 2nd or early 3rd. The guy is a great blocker and can play either guard position or center adding alot of depth to the line.
shuddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: orlando pace for the # 3 pick Reply with quote

what are you talking about, I would maybe give you a second and a fourth for the old man.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is they won't budge, and won't have to. They will not get desperate and let him walk for a 2nd and possible 3rd. At that price they would let him sit. He is only hurting his own career and walet by sitting. If they let him walk for a 2nd the upside is to good for the team getting him, we would be helping another team why would we do that. There is no team in the league that wouldn't take OP for a second rounder. I agree that if he actually sits the year he will go somewhere else and they get nothing, but he won't do it. It would cost him to much money.
Archuleta31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rams should pick Jammal Brown a 6-6 313 pound OT out of oklahoma. With Pace mabey being gone and Kyle Turley not comming back we need all the help we can get on the O-line. And if we can get one of the best in the draft which Brown is the we should try.
Archuleta31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to see the Rams go after FA Charles Woodson or Fred smoot if we can get them and make fish a 3rd CB
GO RAMS!!!
lastdodo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyuokdea wrote:
I can't recall a time, ever, when a player has been traded straight up for a top 3 pick.

GB sent the #1 for Brett Favre, a strong but hose-armed young passer with 4 tds to go with 11 career INTs. (think Josh McNown) Thats just off of the ToMH, there could be other examples.

I think the #3 is in the ball park for pace, the best player at the 2-3 most important position in football, with another 6-7 years at the elite level. StL might have to throw something in to actually make the deal happen, depending on bidding conditions (maybe a conditional pick next year, or their 1 and pace for the #3 and cle's 2nd)

A guy to look for in the draft is Michael Munoz. He is a great technician, but a bit of a tweener LT/RT, similar to Turley, but with more upside. With as much as you guys throw the ball, and the complicated blitz pickups for your blocking scheme, not every talented player is a good match. But if Martz sat down with a pen and paper and designed the RT for his scheme, it would look an awful lot like Munoz. If you do end up losing Pace, he could fill in at LT too, but he doesn't have ideal althleticism there. If he does fall out of the first (as alot of people seem to think) I would not be surprised to see Martz trade up into the 35-40 range to grab him.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actualy love to get Clevelands pick straight for Pace. I also agree I really like Munoz.

1st round - Barron or Brown - OT
1st round - Munoz - OT
2nd round - Baas - OG
3rd round - Wilkerson - C

Try to get Smoot in FA and maybe, if we can really squeeze something, move our Miami 3rd rounder up to a 2nd to grab one of those good FS.

The oldest guy on our OLine would be Blaine Saipaia, 3rd year. This would be in our best interest. But if we keep Pace, I still like our first three picks, I just don't think we would have the money to get Smoot.
JamesT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: rams Reply with quote

Big Clark wrote:
hey showtime im a huge rams fan too man. I tihnk that we should trade pace for the number 3 overall pick to the browns. Then if polley leaves in FA we can draft Derrick Johnson to take his place. Then with the 19th pick we can draft Alex Barron, Adam Terry, or antoher O-Linemen. Then in 2nd round we shoudl take a DB i think and i dont care what we do with the 3-7ths
Quote:

Always enjoy talking about Rams football. If I could have one wish it would be for John Shaw to fire Martz but I do not think that will happen so let's talk about personnel moves. The good old Cleveland rumor again about trading Pace to the Browns. I think this would work if we got more than a first rounder. Pace has made 6 consecutive pro bowls and we need this guy protecting Bulger. If not then yes trade the guy but get at least a 2nd or maybe another first. They have to address the O line and I would love to see Jamaal Brown, OT Oklahoma, to be on this team. We also need to address the interior of the line. Dishman and Nutten arent going to cut it anymore. They need to step up and do what the Raiders did and make the picks for the future and select an OG. If they do not go this route in the draft then Free Agency is definitely a choice. If Pace is out then go after Walter Jones of Seattle and Joe Andruzzi of NE. On the defensive side of things then I would love to see them go after Thomas Davis, Carlos Rogers or Crowder from Florida.
JamesT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archuleta31 wrote:
I would also like to see the Rams go after FA Charles Woodson or Fred smoot if we can get them and make fish a 3rd CB
GO RAMS!!!

I would say adding Woodson to the mix would not be worth the money nor the headache. He is the main reason for the problems the raiders have in the locker room because he has single handley split the team in half. Smoot would be a nice addition. Anyone at this point and also we are in desperate need of safety help.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about Warren , Verba and a 3rd for Pace?

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let me start by saying I know this would never happen but how sweet would this be?

FA - Smoot, Buchanon - (Best CB we can get our hands on.)

Pace and 4th to Cleveland for 1st and 2nd.
#3 pick and 5th to Arizona for 1st and 2nd. (Arizona wants to jump in front of Oakland for either Rogers, Brown, or Smith)

1st round(Arizona) - Jammal Brown - OT - OK
1st round(Rams) - Elton Brown - OG - Virginia
2nd round(Cleveland) - Michael Munoz - OT - Tenn.
2nd round(Arizona) - David Baas - OG - Michigan
2nd round(Rams) - Shazor, Brimmer, Nicholson - FS (whichever is available)
3rd round(Miami) - Ben Wilkerson - C - LSU
3rd round(Rams) - Morrison, Blackstock, Boley - LB (Best available)

Our O-line would rival that of the Chiefs and Broncos, all potetial pro-bowlers and all rookies. Not to mention we would have depth and they could learn from guys like Timmermann and Dishman. We obviously have the young RB to take care of the yards and Bulger is old either.

We would have addressed CB in FA, Williams replacement at FS in the draft, and if we loose Polley we drafted his replacement as well.

Again, never gonna happen but man would it be sweet!!!
JamesT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DomDavis37 wrote:
Ok let me start by saying I know this would never happen but how sweet would this be?

FA - Smoot, Buchanon - (Best CB we can get our hands on.)

Pace and 4th to Cleveland for 1st and 2nd.
#3 pick and 5th to Arizona for 1st and 2nd. (Arizona wants to jump in front of Oakland for either Rogers, Brown, or Smith)

1st round(Arizona) - Jammal Brown - OT - OK
1st round(Rams) - Elton Brown - OG - Virginia
2nd round(Cleveland) - Michael Munoz - OT - Tenn.
2nd round(Arizona) - David Baas - OG - Michigan
2nd round(Rams) - Shazor, Brimmer, Nicholson - FS (whichever is available)
3rd round(Miami) - Ben Wilkerson - C - LSU
3rd round(Rams) - Morrison, Blackstock, Boley - LB (Best available)

Our O-line would rival that of the Chiefs and Broncos, all potetial pro-bowlers and all rookies. Not to mention we would have depth and they could learn from guys like Timmermann and Dishman. We obviously have the young RB to take care of the yards and Bulger is old either.

We would have addressed CB in FA, Williams replacement at FS in the draft, and if we loose Polley we drafted his replacement as well.

Again, never gonna happen but man would it be sweet!!!

Dom I love your first two picks but if you know Martz Donkeys will fly before this ever happens. For some reason him and Hannifan do not believe in drafting an O lineman in the early rounds. I just do not believe the Browns are going to salvage everything and trade for Pace. With that in mind I think the Rams should resign Pace and then go after one of the FA OT's or OG's. This line is the worst in the league in my opinion and needs a ton of help. Then with the first pick go out and pick somebody solid in the secondary maybe a Marlin Jackson or Carlos Rogers. If there is anyway they can move up to get Thomas Davis, Safety, out of Georgia then do it right away. If you look at the defensive side of things the Rams need help in every position and that shows you how bad Martz and co. has done since he has been there. God do I want him to be fired in the worst way. If not take away his GM responsibilities and get a football GM in there.
shandler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: OFF Season Plans FA, Draft---Rams wishful thinking Reply with quote

Here's what I think....realistically......we can pull off in FA and the draft.
Re-sign B. Fisher
Finally Sign Pace
Sign C. Okeafor (SEA) as Little protection
Sign E. Hartwell (BAL) for LB help

1st round---CB--Either Adam Jones or Carlos Rogers
2nd round--OT--Terry (wishfull thinking), more likely Wesley Britt or M. Munoz
3rd round (a)--OG--Chris Kemoeatu
3rd round (b)--MLB--Boomer Grigsby (new London Fletcher)
4th round--FB to replace Joey Badspeed--Tuiasosopo
5th round--TE--SESAY ??
6th round--Jason Leach--SS--USC
7th round--Jesse Lumsden--RB--Mcmaster--Canada

Shores up all holes and vastly improves special teams!!!!!!

Any comments
Big Clark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with a lot of what everyone is saying about the offseaons but my questions is now that walter jones got a fresh 7 year 52.5 million dollar deal from seattle with 16 mil in bonuses, what do u tihnk it will take to get orlando udner contract for say 7 years. More? Less? comments would b appreciated
JamesT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: OFF Season Plans FA, Draft---Rams wishful thinking Reply with quote

shandler wrote:
Here's what I think....realistically......we can pull off in FA and the draft.
Re-sign B. Fisher
Finally Sign Pace
Sign C. Okeafor (SEA) as Little protection
Sign E. Hartwell (BAL) for LB help

1st round---CB--Either Adam Jones or Carlos Rogers
2nd round--OT--Terry (wishfull thinking), more likely Wesley Britt or M. Munoz
3rd round (a)--OG--Chris Kemoeatu
3rd round (b)--MLB--Boomer Grigsby (new London Fletcher)
4th round--FB to replace Joey Badspeed--Tuiasosopo
5th round--TE--SESAY ??
6th round--Jason Leach--SS--USC
7th round--Jesse Lumsden--RB--Mcmaster--Canada

Shores up all holes and vastly improves special teams!!!!!!

Any comments

have to address the D line in a very big way as well but that should be done thru free agency with a proven player because Martz has shown he can not evaluate talent thru the draft with this position. I love rogers from Auburn so that would be fine with me. They also have to address the O line big time. They need to fill 3 positions next year so it is going to be interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: