Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RAMS OFFSEASON ALL THE TRADES/PICKS/FREE AGENCY POSSIBLE!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
showtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: RAMS OFFSEASON ALL THE TRADES/PICKS/FREE AGENCY POSSIBLE!!!! Reply with quote

as a die heart rams fan i really wanna discuss what the rams will do this offseason.....i would love to hear from other rams fans and other fans from other teams and the nfl.....scream @ the kid
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey showtime im a huge rams fan too man. I tihnk that we should trade pace for the number 3 overall pick to the browns. Then if polley leaves in FA we can draft Derrick Johnson to take his place. Then with the 19th pick we can draft Alex Barron, Adam Terry, or antoher O-Linemen. Then in 2nd round we shoudl take a DB i think and i dont care what we do with the 3-7ths
showtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on man i feel you.....but do you think we can get more for pace than just the third overall pick because we are talking about one of the best o-linemen in the game......i would love derrick johnson
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know i would love to pick up the 3rd overall pick and then a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well but i would still be satisfied with the 3rd overall pick because he obviously wants to go back home and i dont have any problem with that as long as we can regroup in the draft
showtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that's cool.......what's your thought about one of the free agent corners....gary baxter, ken lucas, charles woodson, fred smoot...who do we have the best chance of getting?????......or who do we have the best chance of trading for......philip buchanon, sam madison, or patrick surtain???????.....scream @ the kid
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would definately think we go after a CB in FA if we trade pace but if we keep pace theres no way we could afford to get one. I am not a fan of trading for a CB because then we lose a 2nd or 3rd roudner which is dumb because we can get a guy in FA and not lose any picks. you know wat i mean? My pick would be smoot i think hes a great player and hes only in his mid 20s ( i tihnk hes 25 or 26)
showtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know what you mean......same here my pick would be smoot he is a great player and underratted i think he's one of the best corners in the league......scream @ the kid
showtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think we should trade issac bruce.....i love issac but we do have kevin curtis and shawn mcdonald on the rise......if we traded him what do you think we could get for him.....scream @ the kid
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that would be great because then we woudlnt have to use one of our early round picks on a CB because smoot could step in and be an impact player immediately. I think then assuming we trade pace we use our 3rd overall on DERICK JOHNSON then we have to look OT with the 19th pick because of pace's departure. Then try to sure up the linbacking core with crowder if hes available in the 2nd.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way do we trade bruce tho hes been with the rams his entire career and i tihnk he will play 2 or 3 more years and retire as a ram hes still good and if we trade him itll b a big cap hit i bet
aheineken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that scenario. Trade Pace, get DJ with the #3 pick, get smoot in free agency, and maybe Adam Terry with the 19th overall, or possibly trade down to late 1st round and still be able to get Terry.

Also, remember we have 2 3rds. One of those could be used to trade up early in the 2nd round if one of our target players happens to fall there.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that would be amazing i really like terry to take over for pace and im hopeing somehow turley and martz r man enough to work things out and he comes back that would be amazing
Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way that pace will be able to get anything as high as a number three draft pick when he wants a massive salary and will refuse to play in St. Louis, you can keep dreaming, but regardless of how good he is, if he wants a 60+ Million dollar deal and refuses to play in st. louis, he will never get more than a high second round / very low first round pick. I can't recall a time, ever, when a player has been traded straight up for a top 3 pick.

~Lyuokdea
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyuokdea,

Actually if you recall STL got a 1st and a 2nd from the Titans for Kevin Carter. Now if KC is worth a 1st and 2nd OP is definately worth #3. As for your other comment about OP refusing to play in STL, you are again wrong. OP's agents, the Posten brothers, have a history of demanding astronomically high signing bonuses. This is what the Rams refuse to pay. They had his long term salary deal worked out a few times but as soon as they get that done then the signing bonus issue came in. OP has since fired the Poston brothers. All OP has said is that he will not play with the Tag again this year. I personally believe he will be back. He really has no choice. What is he going to do, refuse to sign? The Rams will have no fear of franchise tagging him. If they do that no team is going to give up 2 1st round picks to sign him. That is why we will get what we want in a trade. If we don't find what we want in a trade we will let him sit the year. I don't really see to much of a market out there for a 30 year old T who hasn't played a down of football in a year and has a history of contract hold outs and problems.

As for what I would love to see the Rams do in the draft it is not sexy at all.

If we resign Pace.

1st - Brown, Barron, Terry, Munoz, whichever falls to us. We need to sure up that RT spot.

2nd - Baas, if he falls to us. If not top CB or FS.

3rd - Wilkerson, if he falls to us. If not to CB or FS whichever we didn't get in the 2nd.

If all the top guys fell to us. Our O-line would be young and rival that of the Chiefs and Broncos. We already have the RB to work behind them.

LT - OP (29 years old)
LG - David Baas (Rookie)
C - Ben Wilkerson (Rookie)
RG - Blaine Saipaia (3rd year)
RT - Brown, Barron, Terry, Munoz (Rookie)

I know we need help on D but we do have a bit of cap room, and this draft is DEEP with CBs and Safeties.

If we trade OP.

1st - DJ
1st - Brown, Barron, Terry, Munoz, whichever falls to us.
2nd - Best available T, unless a great CB or S slips.
3rd - Wilkerson, if he falls to us. If not to CB or FS whichever we didn't get in the 2nd.
Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that St. Louis won't initially demand the #3 for St. Louis, I'm saying that it would never ever happen, furthermore, if Pace does refuse to sign, and looks like he is going to sit out, the only condition under which a deal like this will ever happen, then the Rams will get increasingly desparate, eventually settling for whatever they can get, probably a number 2 with a conditional number 3 or something like that.

~Lyuokdea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: