Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss in Burgendy and Gold?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KnightSixSix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Randy Moss in Burgendy and Gold?! Reply with quote

So imagine, if you will, this scenario: The Vikings send Moss to the Redskins for their No. 1 pick (ninth overall), a No. 2 (either this year or next) and LaVar Arrington (without whom the Washington defense did just fine this season, ranking third in the league).

It would be similar to the Champ Bailey-for-Clinton Portis trade. The Redskins would be swapping a Pro Bowl defensive player for a Pro Bowl offensive player one big contract for another and also mortgaging some of their future.

Just think what TO did for Philly....

What does everyone think.

I think I would have to consider this trade very hard if I were Dan Snyder and Joe Gibbs. I know Moss isn't the typical Gibb's guy but he would be a major asset to Coles, Cooley, Portis and especially the improvment of Pat Ramsey. And the 'D' did supurb without Arrington and we could definatly pick up another linebacker in free agency or the draft if nessacary.
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate this trade with every fiber of me...Arrington is a team leader and phenomenal defender...we could probably get one of either edwards or williams at 9...and we have to stop giving our draft picks away all willy-nilly like, to quote adam sandler...

thats not even getting into moss, who we saw firsthand desert his team at a desperate time...moss is a great player, but let someone else build their team around a guy who gives 100% only 50% of the time...i know thats some tricky math, but it adds up to a guy i dont want...try this: ask yourself if you think a consistently great team like the patriots would make that trade...and there is your answer
Redskins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just no. We don't want someone like Moss at our team, he's a pain and isn't worth the hassle. Especially a first round pick and LaVar Arrington and we don't even have a second round pick this year so it would have to be next.
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like LA, I think next year he's going to have a great year!
I think if he had been on the field more this year the skins would have probably won a game or 2 more, and been in the playoffs. He definelty makes game changing plays, which is something Lemar Marshall doesn't do, on this D LA would probably have a couple of forced fubmbles, a couple of picks and like 10 sacks, that's what i'm looking forward to seeing out of LA next year, I really want to see him and Washingotn on the field together, that is really going to be scarry for other teams!

LA is also a leader on the team just like Jansen, and we sorely missed their leadership this year. I would never trade someone who is so team oriented and is probably going to be a life long redskin for Randy Moss!
I mean I want a receiver like Moss, that's why we need to eitehr draft Mike Williams, or hope to sign a guy like Plaxico Burress or Jerry Porter.
We should be looking to do these things, and not trading for Randy Moss!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote about this on another post. Its very nice to see that people are writing posts that use the exact same words as newspaper articles.

I dont like the trade. Moss is awesome and I'm sure whoever gets him will be fantastic. But I would never sacrifice my defensive stud for my offensive ones. Having Lavar back (and a pass rushing DE) will give us the ability to change from a great yard-stopping defense to a game winning, turnover creating defense.

Compliment our awesome D with a good drafted receiver and I dont want a player that is un-redskin as deion and bruce were.
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that CTJ, I hear ya, all we need is to draft either a pass rushing DE like Merriman, Tuck, or James or a WR like Edwards or Williams.

And whatever we don't draft of the one the skins will get the other piece in free agency! Then the redskins will be set for next year! They don't need anything else but chemistry, and a chance to grow as a team for once!
ctj0215

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team.... you mean deion and bruce smith on the redskins isnt a team?
samuariskins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Moss Reply with quote

No on the trade. It will cost us way to much. A #1, #2 & LA! Our you crazy! LA is worth a #1 by himself a least. Not only that, but Moss will only go to a team that looks like it's a SB contender. But if a trade was possible, let it be our #1 plus Gardner & maybe a francised Smoots.
ctj0215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree samuri... also... can someone do me a favor and fix the name of this room. BurgUndy.... come on skins faithful can we at least spell our team colors right?

BTW... I can still see snyder doing soemthing stupid to get moss. Just a warning. Like field a 39 man team so that we have the cap space to afford him.
Namy5280

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

T.O. moved to Philly because the Eagles had some QB named Donavan McNabb. I'm sure that Patrick Ramsey/Mark Brunnell is no McNabb or Culpepper.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what that's a good post....
What is Randy Moss then without Daunte Culpepper throwing him the ball, I wonder if he's really that great, or is he that great because he has a QB who arguablly has the strongest arm in the league?

I don't know I think Daunte did fine without moss in those couple of games, but I'd like to see Moss without Daunte, and see what he does!
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like if he goes to Balt. and Boller is his QB, I don't think Moss is going to be happy with that!!

He's gonna tear Boller down, because Boller won't be able to get him the ball as much as he wants it!
IndianBaller27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Randy Moss in Burgendy and Gold?! Reply with quote

KnightSixSix wrote:
So imagine, if you will, this scenario: The Vikings send Moss to the Redskins for their No. 1 pick (ninth overall), a No. 2 (either this year or next) and LaVar Arrington (without whom the Washington defense did just fine this season, ranking third in the league).

It would be similar to the Champ Bailey-for-Clinton Portis trade. The Redskins would be swapping a Pro Bowl defensive player for a Pro Bowl offensive player one big contract for another and also mortgaging some of their future.

What does everyone think.

I think I would have to consider this trade very hard if I were Dan Snyder and Joe Gibbs. I know Moss isn't the typical Gibb's guy but he would be a major asset to Coles, Cooley, Portis and especially the improvment of Pat Ramsey. And the 'D' did supurb without Arrington and we could definatly pick up another linebacker in free agency or the draft if nessacary.

not trying to be mean or anything, but that trade is rediculous!! A probowler for a probowler, a first, and a second?!?! That's crazy! And LaVar is not tradable. It would hit our cap way to hard. The biggest name that we can trade is Fred Smoot. We can franchise him. Then trade him and our third this year and next year's third and fourth for Moss and their 6th maybe.

dolphins#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think that randy moss is the answer because if they get him gibbs will have a stroke he's too old to have a player like that but he is good.

dolphins rule
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on one of the redskins sites the following quote "I wouldn't trade a warm six pack of beer for Randy Moss"

Unbelievable athlete, great reciever, hasn't brought the Vikings to the super bowl, Why would we leverage our entire future to bring in this guy? Joe Gibbs would rather start next season with Jacobs and McCants than to bring in Moss, not considering the cap hit for trading Arrington (Like 12 million) and absorbing the 10 million hit for picking up Moss' contract. Thats 22 million in cap space and two picks that equate to starters on this team to bring in one player?

Crack...its a wonderful thing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: