Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoDolphins11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Free Agents Reply with quote

why not draft a qb like aaron rodgers jason white or alex smith or someone and pick up edge or alexander or that guy from cinci ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Rudi Johnson. Screw Travis Henry. He is gonna get injured. But did anybody forget about Lamar Gordon.
dolfan2788

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Alex Smith would be a great acquisition at QB as he is very smart like peyton manning and could make great decisions on field but where to draft him would be a big decision as i dont think he is worth the 2nd pick in the draft

Trade Surtain for James
1st round - Derrick Johnson OLB
3rd round - Jason Campbell QB
wrayce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you say jason white uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum i dont think so he wont get drafted till like round 6 or 7
sirjin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live here in the Washington State area and if the Seahawks doesn't end up signing Shaun Alexander, I hear his wife (who is originally from the Seattle area) wouldn't mind relocating to the Miami area. With 10 starters up for free agents for the Seahawks, I don't know how Paul Allen can sign all of them, especially Shaun.

Talks around here is that fans are willing to let him go and rely on Maurice Morris or Kerry Carter or maybe even draft a RB? So there you go Dolphin fans. You're wish may just come true.
dolfan2788

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hope so.
We need a power back who can make plays by pounding
the ball.
Our O-line is dreadful so we need a player back there
that can make his own yards, like Tomlinson,
and Ricky Williams did in the 03 season with their
bad O-line.

Trade Surtain for James
sirjin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolfan2788 wrote:
Yeah I hope so.
We need a power back who can make plays by pounding
the ball.
Our O-line is dreadful so we need a player back there
that can make his own yards, like Tomlinson,
and Ricky Williams did in the 03 season with their
bad O-line.

I hate to say this, but Shaun isn't a power back. He is a finesse back, he makes people miss and he finds his own holes which can go against you sometimes, but seems to work for him.
wrayce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't shaun a bit of both power and speed but he is more finese than he is power
sirjin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrayce wrote:
isn't shaun a bit of both power and speed but he is more finese than he is power

He looks like a big back with power maybe that's what it is misleading to most people. But he is a finesse back. When I think of power back, I think of a Reuben Droughns or a Jerome Bettis type of runner who isn't afraid of bullying into the line and getting them tough yards. Shaun isn't that type of player, he makes defenders miss him.
SABAN-TOOTH FIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all these guys with 1000 yards have to have speed and power,

some are just more or less powerful... reuben droughns is a

possibility for the fins ... i say get benson or go after a trade down

and either get a qb, rb . or olineman..

ALIVE IN 2005................
PAfinsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: The Offseason Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to this offseason. I think this could be Miami's year to make some noise in free agency as well as through the draft. Their team needs including running back and offensive line can be improved through the draft or free agency(obviously). Also, they could pick up decent replacements at defensive end or outside backer through the draft. Even though it may require the fins to trade a veteran such as Madison to accomplish these improvements. I hope the front office doesnt mess this offseason up, but anyway you look at it...we really couldnt get any worse.
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you mention lamar gordon, what a stupid waste that was, we would have had such a better draft if speilman didnt start squandering picks as fast as he could when ricky left

FF Member #67
lastdodo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a very interesting offseason.... With the defence as good but old as it is, and the weopons that are available at offence, it seems like this team could be a canidate for a 1 year turn around, even with all the missing draft picks and limited cap budget. (RB, QB, and OLine the only weaknesses, with RB+Oline depth strong both FA&Draft) But with the cap situation the way it is, it looks like Saban has decided this is a tear-down. Both he and Linehan (new OC late of the Vikings) have said that they are 'looking long term' and 'like that fact that we can take a few years here.' I see alot of cuts/trades on defence, and probably a Marty Booker trade back to ChiTown. I would not be surprised to see them pick up the best mid-teir running back, as opposed to tradeing or sinking the bank into one, and draft a QB as a basis for the rebuilding, either Rogers/Smith at 2, or frye after a trade-down. I just don't see any QBs avail in FA/trade market that can help, and why spend/draft high for a rb if you are rebuilding? RB is the easiest thing to add on the upswing, ie draft a qb get a capable back, and then get a star in 2-3 years when then team is going to be a playoff contender with a rising star QB. This is the outline Atl followed, signing Dunn to give Vick some space, then adding Duckett (who although decent has't been the stud he was projected as in the draft) giving them a dynamic offence with a 1-2 punch at RB.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a hawk fan, and shoot i hope yall get him...our team will be better with hiim gone...and in no way is he power...he doesnt like contact, thats why he wont block for his qb...he gets yards through big holes, and if your line doesnt open them up you are screwed...beef up that o-line down there, then go for alexander...it would be a nice fit, and we dont need him...well be ok without him and the money hes demanding and then we can go get some defense! i wish we could sign and trade him to you all tho...wont happen but it does suck letting him go for nothing...i think miami will have a good offseason, perfect timing for a new coach to come in too...
dolfan2788

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Linehan as our OC I could see the Dolphins trading
down with the Chargers or Cowboys, however that would
happen I don't know but then I could see Linehan and Saban
wanting to draft someone like JJ Arrington a small back
but one who could be versatile in the Linehan offense as in
catching passes and so on.

Trade Surtain for James
dolphins#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the dolphins should get rudi because he's more of a power back and he could hit those holes but he has speed with it also i think he won't be as expensive and also get a qb in the draft way down the line and also in FA get orlando pace if they can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: