Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keeper Fantasy: Tell me about Melvin Gordon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Keeper Fantasy: Tell me about Melvin Gordon Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm in a 12 team 0.5ppr fantasy keeper league where every year we keep 5 players + 1 rookie.

I'm doing my research on all potential rookie picks.

What can you tell me about Melvin Gordon long term??

What kind of stats do you see him putting up? Will he be the bellcow RB long term? Would you take him over Abdullah in a keeper league? Or Yeldon? Is he going to be splitting time with Woodhead and Oliver over the next few years?

How has he been performing this offseason?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Keeper Fantasy: Tell me about Melvin Gordon Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hey guys, I'm in a 12 team 0.5ppr fantasy keeper league where every year we keep 5 players + 1 rookie.

What kind of stats do you see him putting up? Will he be the bellcow RB long term? Would you take him over Abdullah in a keeper league? Or Yeldon? Is he going to be splitting time with Woodhead and Oliver over the next few years?

Rivers and McCoy have both acknowledged the fact that, for at least this year, we're RBBC. At absolute best Gordon's going to split red-zone touches with Woodhead, whose also going to likely see the lion's share of 3rd-and-anything-longish duty.

I think the team would ideally love for Melvin to be a bell-cow, but he's going to have to seize that status for himself, which he hasn't done yet. So personally, I wouldn't overpay at his ADP for him right now, especially in keeper leagues - instead just wait and see if whoever drafts him gets fed up with him midway through the season and drops him, then stash him on your bench (it should work out, we've got a late bye week, so he could find himself being just dropped for another RB or a fill for another position on bye).

I don't know that you're going to find great value according to ADP's on keepers outside of maybe Yeldon, since he tends to get passed on by quite a few people in draft's I've watched live and you can almost always get him a round past ADP if there aren't a ton of autodrafters in your league.

Better bet might be monitoring the late round guys who stand a strong chance of being starting RB's next year like Matt Jones, David Cobb, and David Johnson.

But in any league this year, I'm taking Abdullah (just better immediate upside because Bell hasn't been the picture of health consistency of recent) and Yeldon both before Mel (and Gurley)... though Gurley has good sleeper potential at his ADP or particularly a round later.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
McGahee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, and how would you rank Cooper amidst all those rookie RBs?
LaFellSBXLIXMVP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Keeper Fantasy: Tell me about Melvin Gordon Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Rivers and McCoy have both acknowledged the fact that, for at least this year, we're RBBC. At absolute best Gordon's going to split red-zone touches with Woodhead, whose also going to likely see the lion's share of 3rd-and-anything-longish duty.

I think the team would ideally love for Melvin to be a bell-cow, but he's going to have to seize that status for himself, which he hasn't done yet. So personally, I wouldn't overpay at his ADP for him right now, especially in keeper leagues - instead just wait and see if whoever drafts him gets fed up with him midway through the season and drops him, then stash him on your bench (it should work out, we've got a late bye week, so he could find himself being just dropped for another RB or a fill for another position on bye).

I don't know that you're going to find great value according to ADP's on keepers outside of maybe Yeldon, since he tends to get passed on by quite a few people in draft's I've watched live and you can almost always get him a round past ADP if there aren't a ton of autodrafters in your league.

Better bet might be monitoring the late round guys who stand a strong chance of being starting RB's next year like Matt Jones, David Cobb, and David Johnson.

But in any league this year, I'm taking Abdullah (just better immediate upside because Bell hasn't been the picture of health consistency of recent) and Yeldon both before Mel (and Gurley)... though Gurley has good sleeper potential at his ADP or particularly a round later.

great reply! Answered some of my doubts too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: