Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner looking good in Denver.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Brandon Browner looking good in Denver. Reply with quote

Wow, am I glad we picked him up.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=4300

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
The_Jester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've said before, I don't know much about the college game. So tell me two things:

1. What was this kid like in college?

2. Why wasn't he drafted?
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 all the ames i saw he was dmn good.
#2 slow 40 time and talk of being moved to a new pos (Safety)
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Jester wrote:
Like I've said before, I don't know much about the college game. So tell me two things:

1. What was this kid like in college?

2. Why wasn't he drafted?

He was phenomenal, I'm a big Oregon fan so I know what he's capable of. He shut down almost everyone he faced in college. I rarely saw the kid get beat. He was one of the best cover corners I've ever seen coming out of college.

To answer your second part, he probably wasnt drafted because of uncertainty at his position. He's like Lenny Walls.

He ran poorly at the combine and 4.6 at his best and 4.8 at his worst... that is just too slow (4.54 or so) for a corner.

He'll be an excellent SS. He's big and physical. The kid hits hard too.

He was a diamond in the rough.

If LeSeuer and Browner make the squad and keep this up, that's a nasty duo in the future.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's just tough for me to get excited about a guy who was an undrafted free agent. i thought he should have gone in the third round, but obviously the scouts who know a little more than me wouldn't even give him a chance in the seventh. i'll put it this way; they didn't think he was one of the best 200 players in college football last year. i do think that he was a great UDFA signing, but we can't really expect big things from him.

sorry if i burst anyone's (Chris) bubble.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i mean shanahan never picks up any good udfa anyways: rod smith, lenny walls, kelly herndon, dwane carswell, matt lepsis, jashon sykes, roc alexander. just to name the ones who saw significant playing time last year
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs_fan_from_UK wrote:
yea, i mean shanahan never picks up any good udfa anyways: rod smith, lenny walls, kelly herndon, dwane carswell, matt lepsis, jashon sykes, roc alexander. just to name the ones who saw significant playing time last year

i know shanahan has a good track record for UDFA's, but you can't expect all of them to work out. the truth is, it doesn't happen very often. i loved this kid going into the draft but when he didn't get picked, i began to wonder if i just loved his size more than anything else. i would be ecstatic if he did work out, but i'm not putting any expectations on him.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:

i know shanahan has a good track record for UDFA's, but you can't expect all of them to work out. the truth is, it doesn't happen very often. i loved this kid going into the draft but when he didn't get picked, i began to wonder if i just loved his size more than anything else. i would be ecstatic if he did work out, but i'm not putting any expectations on him.

you loved his size yet it was his size that made him a little too slow to be a corner and forced the move to safety wich scared people off, that and that he only played two years of ball and really only had a breakout year last year. i saw ALOT of boards that had him ranked ahead of paymuh and foxworth as corners. plus i saw a couple of games last year and he has good game speed, and he likes to hit. if he wuld have stayed for his Jr. and Sr. years i have no dobt he would have been a top 15 pick
The_Jester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you kids be over-rating him just a little?

Not that I don't wish him well, but a hundred pro scouts didn't see enough in this kid to even give up a seventh-rounder!!! There must be something we're missing here?!?
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said he ran a little slow, was projected to a new possition and there was the risk of him being a one year wonder
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said he ran a little slow, was projected to a new possition and there was the risk of him being a one year wonder

this is why jester and myself are being very skeptical about him.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you have every right to all im saying is he has all the potential in the world and nothing to say he wont aclomplish it besides inexperiance
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Jester wrote:
Couldn't you kids be over-rating him just a little?

Not that I don't wish him well, but a hundred pro scouts didn't see enough in this kid to even give up a seventh-rounder!!! There must be something we're missing here?!?

First of all I'm an adult and secondly, if you followed college football or the draft, I'd probably look into what you had to say here.

It's absurd that he didn't get drafted. When you're trying out as a CB who ran as slow as he did, that's not going to turn heads. Some people questioned his ability to play safety as well.

This was a mistake.

I've watched the kid play. He's phenomenal.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
It's absurd that he didn't get drafted.

says who, you? i think i'd go with the 100 scouts that didn't see enough in him to draft him. they get paid for their opinions on college players. i don't mean to sound too harsh on you here, but they are professionals at picking players for their teams...
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are the same professionals who had a hard time picking btwn ryan leaf and peyton manning, who let tom brady and TD slip to the sixth, who let rod smith fall out of the draft completely. professionals make mistakes and i personally think this is another one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: