Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFLVikings28 Post Free Agency Frenzy Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: NFLVikings28 Post Free Agency Frenzy Mock Draft Reply with quote

To-Do List For Vikings
Restructure:
Chad Greenway

Extend Contract:
Harrison Smith
Jarius Wright

Players To Sign In Free Agency:
George Selvie, DE
Taylor Mays, S

Vikings Mock Draft 7 Rounds:
Round 1 Pick 11: Trae Waynes , CB, Michigan State
Round 2 Pick 45: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 76: Ali Marpet, OT/G, Hobart
Round 4 Pick 107: Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary
Round 5 Pick 129: Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State
Round 7 Pick: Robert Myers, OT, Tennessee State
Round 7 Pick: Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

Last edited by NFLVikings28 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings have already moved on from Selvie from reports.

Draft is solid, hits positions of need, but your 5th round number is off. There are at least 128 picks through round four. It's impossible for us to pick 121st in the 5th round

Personally not a fan of Waynes, McKinney, or Drummond but those are definitely positions the Vikings will likely look at.
NFLVikings28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Vikings have already moved on from Selvie from reports.

Draft is solid, hits positions of need, but your 5th round number is off. There are at least 128 picks through round four. It's impossible for us to pick 121st in the 5th round

Personally not a fan of Waynes, McKinney, or Drummond but those are definitely positions the Vikings will likely look at.

Just want to know your reason for not liking Waynes, McKinney. I have watched tape on both of them, I just want to know why you don't like them. I think they can thrive under Zimmer's defense and the schemes he uses.
kparty69

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we aren't taking Amari Cooper at 11 then we should trade back to acquire more picks.

Trae Waynes is a decent enough player, but I wouldn't touch any CB in the top 15 picks this year. Also I want either Cooper or Parker at that spot so I may be a bit biased with this pick.

I really want to like Bernardrick McKinney, but I think that if he didn't have that size he would only be a 3rd round pick at best. I think he is a better fit at OLB. He seems really stiff and he kinda comes across as big, slow, and unintelligent. To be honest thought really don't like any of the ILB prospects in this years class.

I personally wouldn't take Ali Marpet that early. Yeah he had a great combine, but he still seems a bit raw to be taken at the top of the 3rd.

I don't like Kurtis Drummond at all. He's not very good in coverage, but he's not really a great in the box guy either. I don't think he would add anything special to the current group of safeties that we have. If we sign Taylor Mays then I don't see a roster spot for a late round safety.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock!

I am pretty sure we are out on Selvie, I hate it, would of loved to bring him in. Mays would be a nice depth add, don't see him as an impact starter.

I'm a fan of everything but the first two picks. I am just not a huge fan of Waynes. Very systematical CB, he's quick but he will need a deep safety over the top. The biggest thing for him is he had enough closing speed to catch back up to the Big Ten QB's passes. He lets a lot of short passes up, but the positive side of him is he doesn't let many big plays. Struggles against screens, and runs towards his side, not a very solid tackler.

Mckinney is another one of those two down thumpers, like most of the ILB's in this draft. Almost every pass play he looks confused, constantly chasing after the guy he is covering turning his back to the QB. Zimmer has stated he wants a 3 down ILB, and really I don't know where you go for that in this draft. Personally I don't know if we are actually better off with staying with what we have in Audie Cole at MLB.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care for Waynes, but I do like McKinney and Marpet. I'd rather just trade back in the first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Waynes I absolutely think that he's a first round prospect in this class, but there are things I don't like about him. Starting with his frame, it's hard to see him holding up over the course of a 16+ game season with how physically he plays. He played pretty much injury free in college, but had a devastating injury his senior year that forced him to red shirt as a freshmen. The next reason is the defensive system. Pat Narduzzi comes from the Nick Saban system of defense. Corners in that type system tend to be maxed out in college and haven't transitioned well to the pros. Now, that doesn't mean Waynes can't buck that trend. I noticed a little stiffness in his hips and ankles and that is reflected in his below average agility times. He has the physical traits to possibly succeed in a Zimmer system, I just don't think the value matches at pick #11

As far as McKinney goes, he certainly has the size and athleticism that Zimmer prizes, but when he plays in the middle that's all he has. He's not good at sifting through garbage and his length works against him in the middle as he got cut often. I think he's a much better fit for the bubble backer spot currently occupied by Anthony Barr. Perhaps he could play the technique backer that Chad Greenway currently plays, but I wasn't overly impressed with his take on skills; particularly given his great size. His pad level gets too high when taking on a block and he's slow to disengage. He's a little like Jasper Brinkley in the fact that, when you look at him, you expect a big hitter but he's been more a drag down guy. As a nickel guy, he would make a good A gap blitzer, but his coverage skills appear to be limited to spot zones on crossing routes (one reason he might be okay in Greenway's spot).

Just my .02
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Nice mock!

I am pretty sure we are out on Selvie.

signed with the Giants.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we are getting good value with Waynes at 11. For me he is a worst-case-scenario type pick where the guys I really want all get picked.

McKinney doesn't seem to have enough of the skills to be a difference maker as a second round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: