Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews: "I think we had come at a crossroads on this team as far as the leadership and where we want to go. And personally for myself and this defense, revamping this defense. I believe it is the natural progression of myself and what I want to be and the legacy I want to leave. So, ultimately, we'll see where it goes, but you are going to get a definite change in this defense with me in charge."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/218843141.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Clay Matthews: "I think we had come at a crossroads on this team as far as the leadership and where we want to go. And personally for myself and this defense, revamping this defense. I believe it is the natural progression of myself and what I want to be and the legacy I want to leave. So, ultimately, we'll see where it goes, but you are going to get a definite change in this defense with me in charge."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/218843141.html

He's the best player on that defense and a heck of a linebacker. It's good see he's got what some may call an obsession to be a leader on that defense.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Randall Cobb can function fine and doesn't seem to be all that limited in what he can do. But he pays the price with shooting pain in his arm. There’s a line between being tough and being smart, and I think us collectively together, between the coaching staff, myself and the training staff, we have to figure out what that line is," he said. "We’re playing with it right now. I’ve got to take it upon myself personally to be smarter with my communication with the coaching staff."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/219463201.html

“In Randall’s case, it’s probably something he’s going to be battling for a while,” McCarthy said.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130813/PKR0101/130813050/Cobb-s-biceps-injury-could-sideline-him-again

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
McCarthy: “He’s definitely got to do better than that, because that’s not going to cut it. Mason Crosby is competing for a job on our football team, like everybody else, and he definitely didn’t take a step in the right direction with his performance.”

While Crosby’s accuracy was a problem, [backup kicker] Giorgio Tavecchio’s leg strength was a question mark. He was statistically superior at 6-for-7 on the night, including 5-for-6 in the final duel, but his 53-yard try hit the crossbar and bounced over, and his 51-yarder only cleared it by a few yards. His miss was wide right from 47.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Mason-Crosby%E2%80%99s-performance-not-going-to-cut-it/6579fc51-aabf-489e-a5f1-4f8c7a76ea43

with ex-Univ of Montana and now ex-Dolphin kicker Dan Carpenter getting cut, will we see him at Lambeau soon...?

guy knows how to kick in cold windy weather...

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his first preseason action, Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy looked like he could be a solid — and perhaps difference-making — addition to the Green Bay offense. Lacy racked up 40 yards on eight carries in the first half at St. Louis on Saturday evening, repeatedly showing NFL-caliber power and physicality.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/17/eddie-lacy-shows-well-in-preseason-debut/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Packers lost left tackle Bryan Bulaga for the season with a torn ACL, it was presumed that the man who replaced Bulaga last year on the right side would stay inside, with Marshall Newhouse playing right tackle and David Bakhtiari at left tackle.

But plans tend to change when the guy penciled in for the job doesn’t deliver as expected, and so Don Barclay has moved back outside to right tackle. He could be on the verge of taking the job away from Newhouse. Barclay, undrafted in 2012 from West Virginia, took every rep at right tackle with the first-team offense on Monday. Barclay also has performed better than Newhouse at right tackle during both preseason games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/don-barclay-close-to-taking-the-right-tackle-job-in-green-bay/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers rookie running backs Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin had about as rough a night as it gets in Friday’s preseason game against the Seahawks.

The first time Lacy got the ball, he went for 11 yards, but it was called back by a holding penalty. After that, these were the gains on the rest of his runs: 3, 2, 1, 0, 0, -3, -2, -6. That’s a total of negative five yards on eight carries. Franklin gained a total of one yard, rushing for 3, -7, 3 and 2 yards the four times he got the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/24/packers-rookie-running-backs-total-4-yards-on-12-carries/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Packers rookie running backs Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin had about as rough a night as it gets in Friday’s preseason game against the Seahawks.

The first time Lacy got the ball, he went for 11 yards, but it was called back by a holding penalty. After that, these were the gains on the rest of his runs: 3, 2, 1, 0, 0, -3, -2, -6. That’s a total of negative five yards on eight carries. Franklin gained a total of one yard, rushing for 3, -7, 3 and 2 yards the four times he got the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/24/packers-rookie-running-backs-total-4-yards-on-12-carries/

Its hard to judge without Rodgers in the game, he did only play one series. Obviously Rodgers will command a certain amount of respect from the defense, which will undoubtedly make it easier for the backs to have production.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ and we all know Peterson gets lot of runs for 0 or 1 yards too. then he rips off a 50 yarder. or more.

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
^^ and we all know Peterson gets lot of runs for 0 or 1 yards too. then he rips off a 50 yarder. or more.

I dont think Lacy is the type of back that will be breaking off 50+ yard runs, especially enough to justify 0 to 1 yard carries. The Packers offense will likely start passing the ball more if they dont get regular gains running the ball. I dont see them having the patience for for there back to break the game open like MN does with Peterson.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young’s performance against the Seahawks on Friday night was good enough to land him the job backing up Aaron Rodgers this season. That’s one of the conclusions we can draw from the news that Graham Harrell is on his way out of Green Bay. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Harrell is being released as the Packers make their first round of cuts this summer.

Harrell was 6-of-13 for 49 yards on Friday night, continuing a lackluster preseason that was the impetus to bring Young into the fold in the first place. Young, on the other hand, was 6-of-7 for 41 yards and a touchdown while also running for 39 yards on three carries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/24/packers-parting-ways-with-graham-harrell/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young had himself a pretty good game last night. Chances are he will never play, but being a backup behind Rodgers isnt a bad way to make it back into the league.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers have signed K Zach Ramirez, who was a tryout player at the Seahawks’ rookie camp in May. Ramirez was a first-team All-American in the FCS while at Portland State in 2011, but only played six games as a senior because of injury.

Earlier this week, Packers General Manager Ted Thompson said that it was possible that the Packers’ kicker wasn’t on the roster so Ramirez would seem to have a shot at winning the job if he does well in the next couple of weeks competing against Mason Crosby and Giorgio Tavecchio.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/packers-sign-kicker-release-six-players/

jeeez... a rather unsettled situation there at Lambeau...

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Eddie Lacy isn't even 1/4 as talented as Adrian Peterson. Its not even close.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Eddie Lacy isn't even 1/4 as talented as Adrian Peterson. Its not even close.

that's not the comparison i am making, jeez.

i was simply writing that you can't judge a rb on the basis of several low gaining or negative runs. because Peterson has those too.

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 61 of 74

Jump to: