Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one else notice Tirico called it simultaneous before the ref even signaled touchdown. Seeing it for the first time live in full speed you can understand why it was called simultaneous .. for ESPN to then spend the next 24 hours ripping the NFL and refs is shameful considering their own play by play guy saw it the same way refs did live..
yupyup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
All these packer offensive players taking to twitter to whine about refs is just stupid. Its just a convenient distraction from their own god awful performance, especially the offensive line and play calling in the first half. The defense is the only ones with a legitimate gripe. Aaron Rodgers and his counterparts sound like a bunch of spoiled privileged kids. That's 3 straight weeks of below average production and all they wanna talk about is refs ... give me a break

I don't blame the loss on the refs at all. I agree that the offense was putrid and didn't deserve to win, but don't act like it's just Packers players whining. Almost every team has had a player come out and call it an awful call, including the Bears.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
Any one else notice Tirico called it simultaneous before the ref even signaled touchdown. Seeing it for the first time live in full speed you can understand why it was called simultaneous .. for ESPN to then spend the next 24 hours ripping the NFL and refs is shameful considering their own play by play guy saw it the same way refs did live..

It's the world we live in, reporting the new isn't enough. We have to turn everything into the worst thing EVAR!
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told I do not feel sorry for Green Bay fans on this one. I distinctly remember the Vikings losing a couple of games on a Shiancoe TD that was overturned and a Donald Driver TD that replays showed he had clearly dropped.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Truth be told I do not feel sorry for Green Bay fans on this one. I distinctly remember the Vikings losing a couple of games on a Shiancoe TD that was overturned and a Donald Driver TD that replays showed he had clearly dropped.

I remember that game and I distinctly remember being infuriated by the call. It was a great TD catch, to boot.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
yup.. had they got either one of those calls correct green bay doesn't make the playoffs that year and doesn't go on to win the super bowl.. and packer fans act like they got screwed worse then any other team ever.. hshahaha
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was also a selfish play on the part of M.D. Jennings, going for the INT instead of just knocking the ball down.

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
It was also a selfish play on the part of M.D. Jennings, going for the INT instead of just knocking the ball down.

Remember this?

Obviously that is a fluke play, but the point I'm making has been this all along: What happened happened, and it was an egregious error on the part of the refs.

Dealing with hypotheticals like "if this would have happened they would have won" doesn't change the fact that they should have won anyway.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
milanb wrote:

Remember this?

Obviously that is a fluke play, but the point I'm making has been this all along: What happened happened, and it was an egregious error on the part of the refs.

Dealing with hypotheticals like "if this would have happened they would have won" doesn't change the fact that they should have won anyway.

I agree that it was a blown call, but it's hardly the worst call or non-call I've ever seen. If it had been ruled an INT the Seattle fans would undoubtedly be complaining now.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive lineman T.J. Lang told 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit on Tuesday that, during the flight home from Seattle, the Green Bay players discussed the possibility of going on strike — or simply taking a knee on every offensive snap — until the lockout of the officials ends.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/lang-says-packers-discussed-extreme-measures-on-flight-home/

yeah, that'll show em! not. losing games intentionally to show your displeasure.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Offensive lineman T.J. Lang told 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit on Tuesday that, during the flight home from Seattle, the Green Bay players discussed the possibility of going on strike — or simply taking a knee on every offensive snap — until the lockout of the officials ends.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/lang-says-packers-discussed-extreme-measures-on-flight-home/

yeah, that'll show em! not. losing games intentionally to show your displeasure.

At least the Packers could say that they beat themselves and it would be somewhat true. Lang is an idiot. Maybe he is whining about the refs so much because it deflects attention from the fact that he is about as useful on a football field as a subway turnstile.
since72

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

LOL A brain fueled by Leinenkugels is a beautiful thing.

That's almost as funny as the commish of the LFL saying yesterday some of the replacement refs were guys he fired for incompetance.

Captain Viking wrote:
yup.. had they got either one of those calls correct green bay doesn't make the playoffs that year and doesn't go on to win the super bowl.. and packer fans act like they got screwed worse than any other team ever.. hshahaha

Exactly. The packers have no problem with blatant bad calls when it greases their slide into the playoffs/Super Bowl. Maybe all those complaining players should return their SB rings.

I remember that game well too. It was the day I became an ex-NFL fan.

There were ten touchdowns called in that MNF packers game two years age and six were called wrong. However, the only ones overruled by the replay booth were the ones that favored green bay (following Captain Vikings example and not capitalizing the words "green bay" and "packers" any more - which I believe is grammatically correct within the boundries of Minnesota).

I think I've only watched about three games since then. And then only if it was on when visiting someone else. It has some pluses. In my world the Vikings were .500 last year.

Either the games are being decided by incompetence or corruption. In either case, I decided I have better things to do with my life than waste it watching that mess. It was no better when the "real" refs were out there.

I still follow the scores and enjoy talking with the great people that post on this forum, but I'm just not emotionally invested any more.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they took a knee on every snap does that mean they would refuse to punt too? would the defense just stand there and let the other team score on every first down? what would GB do on kickoffs to them?

that would be fun to watch. the score would be, what, about 20-30 TD's to 0?

it's the most childish reaction i've heard to this situation. it's one lost game, and an early regular season one at that. man up and do what you're paid to do.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Captain Viking wrote:

It's the world we live in, reporting the new isn't enough. We have to turn everything into the worst thing EVAR!

That's why I don't watch cable news or ESPN.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lang was seriously contemplating this with his teammates, that is the ultimate loser mentality. It seems like the success of the team has really gotten into the Packers' heads over the years to the point where they dont handle adversity very well. When in fact, if Lang and his Oline buddies didnt give up 8 first half sacks, they could have won on their own merits instead of banking on the ref getting a call right in the end.

I dont like sore losers, and that is what Lang (and the Packer fans who protested at Lambeau Field) come off as being.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 45 of 74

Jump to: