Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEIS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:
The packers are highly interested in developing the league wide success story known as the two running back scheme.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080224/PKR01/80224033/1989

I could see them drafting Reshard Mendenhall or Felix Jones in the first. Or if by some ungodly chance Jonathan Stewart falls, they would take him too.

silly vikings fan, we have Brandon Jackson Wink

Jackson was pretty sucky last year. I think TJACK has a valid point. If Mendenhall was there the Pack might pick him.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEIS wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:
The packers are highly interested in developing the league wide success story known as the two running back scheme.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080224/PKR01/80224033/1989

I could see them drafting Reshard Mendenhall or Felix Jones in the first. Or if by some ungodly chance Jonathan Stewart falls, they would take him too.

Jackson was pretty sucky last year. I think TJACK has a valid point. If Mendenhall was there the Pack might pick him.

Jackson came along nicely as the year progressed and I think he'd do fine as a complimentary back. If Mendenhall or Stewart were there at pick 30, however, Ted Thompson more than likely would select either of them as they would be the best player available, or look to trade down and acquire more picks, as he has done in 05 06 and 07.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
there was some earlier discussion about a web article that appeared on the Packers' website announcing Favre was retiring. it was quickly removed.

was it that they prepared one in case he retired and then accidentally posted it?

I don't think we'll know at least for a couple of days. My guess is it was just in test in case he were to announce it, but then some IT guy inadvertently put it into production. Sort of an "oops!"

Thx to Uncle Buck!
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/28/favre.ap/index.html?eref=mostpop
Here's Sports Illustrated's take on it...

And here's what a Packers representative has to say about it...
Packers spokesman Jeff Blumb wrote:
There's nothing to it. People who handle our Web site had set up a dummy page in the event he was to retire. They were asked to take down that page.

I think it was just an "in case it happens" page and somebody messed up and accidentally made the page live. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! New Packers president Mark Murphy yesterday said he believes Brett will come back.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see there was a lot of action since I last posted!!

It appears that Corey Williams will be sent to the Cleveland Browns for their 2nd round pick (56th overall).

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=364602

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/free_agent_update_1.html

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
PackAttack04

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEIS wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:

I think it should mean more along the lines of a top guard.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

we don't chitter chatter as much as what you're used to in the GB forum. Laughing

thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
DJC1916

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Williams is going to the Browns for a 2nd round pick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7850582/Source:-Packers-send-Williams-to-Cleveland
Vhawk413

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
JEIS wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:

Jackson came along nicely as the year progressed and I think he'd do fine as a complimentary back. If Mendenhall or Stewart were there at pick 30, however, Ted Thompson more than likely would select either of them as they would be the best player available, or look to trade down and acquire more picks, as he has done in 05 06 and 07.

I do not care what team you are if Mendenhall or Stewart were available at 30 they should draft them, unless they could trade down, even SD, Jax, or us. Those two would be WAY to good to pass up at 30

^Big_palooka^
nickcollinsfan wrote:
Rodgers has a 50% chance of becoming a HOFer
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

we don't chitter chatter as much as what you're used to in the GB forum. Laughing

Hey VD, I like the "Cheese Bites" title, but I thought you would make the Chicago version "Bear Droppings" or some such thing Laughing .

On Williams, I thought the Packers were high on him. He's had a couple of real nice seasons there. I guess they like Harrell, Cole and the rest of the group a lot more. Nice pickup of a 2nd rounder too.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodysuit Man wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Hey VD, I like the "Cheese Bites" title, but I thought you would make the Chicago version "Bear Droppings" or some such thing Laughing .

On Williams, I thought the Packers were high on him. He's had a couple of real nice seasons there. I guess they like Harrell, Cole and the rest of the group a lot more. Nice pickup of a 2nd rounder too.

We're high on him, he's a good player and a high energy guy, but he isn't exactly the best fit for our scheme. He's more of a 1 gap penetrator who does get to the quarterback quite a bit relatively speaking, but we need him to be a space eater and a guy to occupy blockers and keep our linebackers clean. I'm just glad we're not the ones giving him all that money, not for a situational DT.

In other news...Packers are getting a visit from Rams SLB Brandon Chillar, a guy who according to Rams fans played above expectations last year and they're sad to see him go. Not a big possibility of him being resigned with all the $$$ that's being spent on their current LB core.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/02/29/packers-express-interest-in-lb-chillar.aspx

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Packers can get him cheap I say go for it, if not save some cash and extend contracts of the players we drafted. Its better to take care of them early so they don't end up in free agency someday. A lot of teams spend their caps on multiple free agents and don't have the means to extend their current players contracts when the time comes.
DJC1916

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Though it's possible that the Fins and the Packers are talking, there's a key component in all of this that hasn't occurred. Specifically, no one has broached the subject with Taylor.

I hope that this does not happen. I wouldn't want to have both Taylor and Kampman coming after Jackson twice a year. He's a bit older but, he's still a damn fine end.

Maybe we'd go after him for a 2nd. I think he's worth that, I'd say he has 3 yrs left. Plus he can still rush the QB very well and we need the pressure.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
Steve Kisiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
there was some earlier discussion about a web article that appeared on the Packers' website announcing Favre was retiring. it was quickly removed.

was it that they prepared one in case he retired and then accidentally posted it?

I don't have a link to this, but I heard on the NFL channel that if the Pack were to sign Randy Moss, then Brett Favre would be a guarentee to come back, considering he may retire.

I don't know if you heard it, but if it happens, then I fear we are playing for 2nd in our division Crying or Very sad (but I doubt it will ever happen, so #1 is still very possible! Cool

R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

[quote="Jared Allen on blankie"]If anyone thinks I'm a wuss, you are absolutely correct![/quote]
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a goof-up that his "retirement announcement" was posted for about ten minutes. nothing official or approved.

it did crash the state of Wisconsin, though, for the rest of the day.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 3 of 82

Jump to: