Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJACK7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
i really hope these three threads we've started for NFC North fans to come in and update us are used for good, clean football talk. not rivalry based jabs and such.

at least, that's my hope on the issue.

I don't know if you were addressing me or the group in general (or both), but I genuinely want to know of Harell. Besides maybe 7 or so rookies, I don't know how everybody fared.

Harrell got some playing time late in the season and the playoffs. The packers were being cautious with him because of the previous season in which he tore his bicep.

Mad Props to this providence on the sig! Thanks Man!!
Proud Co-Winner of the 2007, Vikings Forum, New Oarsmen Award
Exsted wrote:
I'd like a nice Booty over Boll's sacks anyways...
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
Whatever came up of that DT Harell, your 1st rounder last year? Did he get some good PT?

He did get some playing time near the end of the year, I think another offseason of conditioning and strength training and conditioning will do wonders for him. He's got all the talent in the world and size to boot, just needs to be more consistent and not get washed out of plays. Look for him to have a solid 2008 season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJACK7 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
i really hope these three threads we've started for NFC North fans to come in and update us are used for good, clean football talk. not rivalry based jabs and such.

I don't know if you were addressing me or the group in general (or both), but I genuinely want to know of Harell. Besides maybe 7 or so rookies, I don't know how everybody fared.

Harrell got some playing time late in the season and the playoffs. The packers were being cautious with him because of the previous season in which he tore his bicep.

the pack may have gotten themselves a steal if he plays as advertised

Oklahoma Sooner Fan (Boomer Sooner)
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I hope so...He was a top 10 talent before he got injured and missed basically all of his senior season at Tennessee. Great lower body strength, long arms to get in the face of quarterbacks, can push the pocket, and played through injuries in big games at Tenn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
A.J. wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I hope so...He was a top 10 talent before he got injured and missed basically all of his senior season at Tennessee. Great lower body strength, long arms to get in the face of quarterbacks, can push the pocket, and played through injuries in big games at Tenn.

when i first saw him at tennessee i thought he would be a future runner stopper in the middle...what will be his role for you guys?

Oklahoma Sooner Fan (Boomer Sooner)
TJACK7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
A.J. wrote:
TJACK7 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

when i first saw him at tennessee i thought he would be a future runner stopper in the middle...what will be his role for you guys?

Living in Wisconsin, I know a lot about the packers, simply because half my family are packer fans (I know, poor things Laughing ).. but from what I understand, is the Packers want Harrell to be to their team, what KWill is to ours.. A great force on the line, who is athletic and aware enough to bat down passes and get the occasional sack.

Mad Props to this providence on the sig! Thanks Man!!
Proud Co-Winner of the 2007, Vikings Forum, New Oarsmen Award
Exsted wrote:
I'd like a nice Booty over Boll's sacks anyways...
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJACK7 wrote:

Living in Wisconsin, I know a lot about the packers, simply because half my family are packer fans (I know, poor things Laughing ).. but from what I understand, is the Packers want Harrell to be to their team, what KWill is to ours.. A great force on the line, who is athletic and aware enough to bat down passes and get the occasional sack.

You are correct. He's only 300 lb., so he's not being asked to be a Pat Williams or Ryan Pickett (space eating run stuffer) but more of a high motor athletic guy to penetrate, collapse the pocket, and shoot through gaps and get to the rb 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage as opposed to 3 yards behind it. We can only hope he can be to GB what K Dub is to Minny. Much respect and admiration to Kevin Williams.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrell is expected to be perfectly healthy going into the offseason for the first time in two years. The Packers are expecting him to make huge strides (especially in the weight room) and see a lot more PT next year.

As for the draft, I have a bad feeling we take Chris Johnson in Round 1....I would not be happy.
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Harell does well, as much as it made me happy to see Ted Thompson get booed of the podium, I would rather have the NFC North be a good division then the crappy division it used to be. Harell looks like a great kid and I'd love to see him do well--just as long as he never gets to be as good as K-Will. That would be a problem. Wink

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While itís quite possible that the Packers will draft a tight end after cutting Bubba Franks, we hear they think Tory Humphrey, who missed last season with a broken leg, is a tight end with great promise.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Steve Kisiel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any Packer fan know who they are releasing who have really good talent who may go to the Vikings? or vice versa (In other words, are there any Packers about to be released, which the Vikings may have interest in?)

I don't know, but we do seem to have a knack at taking some of the older guys, or walk offs from G.B (Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Robert Ferguson etc.)

Thankyou Packer fans (or any Vikings fan who might have an idea) Cool Cool Cool

R.I.P Crakburn.

Lets go King Tarvaris!

[quote="Jared Allen on blankie"]If anyone thinks I'm a wuss, you are absolutely correct![/quote]
usdvikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
While itís quite possible that the Packers will draft a tight end after cutting Bubba Franks, we hear they think Tory Humphrey, who missed last season with a broken leg, is a tight end with great promise.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

If so we would really need a new stadium. I don't want some Packers T.E. thinking he owns the Metrodome. Wink d'oh!
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much going on right now...

But here's what I would like to see....

1. Get a big name FA like Faneca or Crumpler.
2. Draft a CB or OG in Round 1.
3. Trade Corey Williams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kisiel wrote:
Does any Packer fan know who they are releasing who have really good talent who may go to the Vikings? or vice versa (In other words, are there any Packers about to be released, which the Vikings may have interest in?)

I don't know, but we do seem to have a knack at taking some of the older guys, or walk offs from G.B (Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Robert Ferguson etc.)

Thankyou Packer fans (or any Vikings fan who might have an idea) Cool Cool Cool

We're pretty deep at RB, and will probably draft at least 1, so I think we could release 1 or 2 of the following: Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, and/or Deshawn Wynn. Wynn was a serviceable back as our starter last year, but is very soft and injury prone. Herron was hurt all last year, but is a good 3rd down back, catches the ball well, and can block adequately. We acquired Vernand from the Texans in 06 for Samkon Gado, and he's an alright back. Saw limited action this year and last, and was at the very best, serviceable.

Frank Walker, our lone FA acquisition from 2007, is likely not to be resigned. He signed a 1 year deal worth I think $1.24 million, and barely stepped on the field. Giants fans would probably know more about him than Packer fans, I believe he was their nickle back in NY.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJACK7 wrote:
The packers are highly interested in developing the league wide success story known as the two running back scheme.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080224/PKR01/80224033/1989

I could see them drafting Reshard Mendenhall or Felix Jones in the first. Or if by some ungodly chance Jonathan Stewart falls, they would take him too.

silly vikings fan, we have Brandon Jackson Wink

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 2 of 84

Jump to: